That sounds vaguely dirty.
    Why do you think he said it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    True story.

Sometimes I think I've developed it to where I'm almost devoid of feeling.

I thought it would be something to brag about, but really, I find I wish I could get some of my F back.
    I can relate to this. It almost felt like I painted myself into a corner with all my over analyzing. I felt cold and I felt like I lost touch with a necessary part of myself. Since then I've been actively trying to accept and cultivate that softer, non-masculine side of my personality. I feel at lot more at peace now.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I can relate to this. It almost felt like I painted myself into a corner with all my over analyzing. I felt cold and I felt like I lost touch with a necessary part of myself. Since then I've been actively trying to accept and cultivate that softer, non-masculine side of my personality. I feel at lot more at peace now.
    I know where you're coming from there. Some days I wish I could just dump a lot of my excess knowledge and just learn to accept things without agonizing over them.

What's weird is that online I feel more balanced. Maybe because the people I associate with there are strong NFs. Offline I seem more Se and reactive. I'm learning to keep my thoughts from coming out of my mouth unless there is a good reason for it.

On a different note, I figure that NTs (And other types) think in terms of the question, how to answer it, and the answer, in that order. But INFJs seem to think in terms of the question, answer, and then they wonder how they came up with it.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

On a different note, I figure that NTs (And other types) think in terms of the question, how to answer it, and the answer, in that order. But INFJs seem to think in terms of the question, answer, and then they wonder how they came up with it.

Definitely. This is why I've always been great at standardized multiple choice tests and not very good at "show your work" type tests.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    Definitely. This is why I've always been great at standardized multiple choice tests and not very good at "show your work" type tests.
    +5 I always get marked off for messing up the procedure on math tests but Ti helps a lot w/ this dilemma.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

+5 I always get marked off for messing up the procedure on math tests but Ti helps a lot w/ this dilemma.
    Yup! ... I don't think Ive ever gone through a science experiment without messing -something- in the procedure up... or breaking something.

Ive been thinking, are INFJs more in tune with the unconcious than other types? I seem to focus on the ephemeral stuff in my mind... That reminds me of a part in a book I recently read:

First Thoughts: Conscious, everyone has these. (Ahh! A piano is going to hit me!)
    Second Thoughts: Thinking about thinking, people who like to think have these. (It looksl ike I'm scared for my life)
    Third Thoughts: Can be bad, yet useful too. (Oh cool, its mahogany!)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I wonder how many times a maths/chem teacher has asked me over because the test answers were right but the procedure completely whacked up.
    "How did you manage this?"

Sniffles

Yes I was irritated by the whole "show your work" nonsense. They're more interested in HOW you came to the answer rather the simple you actually arrived at the right answer.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I try to avoid the word "cute" at all times since I just don't feel it gives off a masculine vibe.

However, I have been getting known to use it in an unfortunately increasing manner.

Seriously, sometimes its just the perfect word.
    interesting. the 2 infjs that i know also have their pet words. The guy likes "eventually." the girl, "actually."

off the top of my head, i cannot think of any other friends that do the same.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    interesting. the 2 infjs that i know also have their pet words. The guy likes "eventually." the girl, "actually."

off the top of my head, i cannot think of any other friends that do the same.
    Mine's "Dude", as in "What's up, dude?" - "That's okay, dude." - I got it from a french foreign exchange student I befriended. he was an INFJ also I think.

-Nightwish