User Tag List

Page 117 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

  1. #1161
    Senior Member Array SpottingTrains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    +1

    Its how I deal with deaths of favorite characters in books.

    You know you're an INFJ when sometimes you feel what you see or hear et c is only almost there, but when you read a book it seems more real than reality.

    ( Maybe that's Ns in general )
    I wouldn't recommend reading any books by George R. R. Martin then

  2. #1162
    Member Array jaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    65

    Default down time at work allowed me to read all 4 installments thus far...

    dragons!
    Last edited by jaku; 01-26-2009 at 04:43 AM. Reason: im refering to the song of ice and fire ...septalogy, i might add
    So you were born, and that is a good day.
    And someday you'll die and what a shame.
    But somewhere in the between, theres a life in which we all dream,
    And nothing and no one will ever take that away.

  3. #1163
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post


    +1 Also when a group of people gather, who haven't met each other before, I tend to take a more vocal stance. And then fade to the background as time passes.

    - :

    I definitely do this, too. I think it stems from a need to make sure everyone else is comfortable. I tend to be pretty good at breaking the ice when other people are obviously at a loss as to how to open conversation. Yet once people get going I am much less comfortable talking and sharing. And if I happen onto a group of people that I don't know well but that are close to one another...there is no greater torture in the world.

  4. #1164
    Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You know you're an INFJ if you have a hero complex.
    Yes, definitely! I think I've recently gotten a bit better at reining in my need to step in and "fix" someone's life. However, I still get frustrated by the very fact that I have to rein in my inner Hero!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

    "A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

    And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

    - Kate Bush

  5. #1165
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Yes, definitely! I think I've recently gotten a bit better at reining in my need to step in and "fix" someone's life. However, I still get frustrated by the very fact that I have to rein in my inner Hero!


    Experience has definitely helped me learn to rein in that need, but I admit that I still always feel guilty whe I don't help people.

  6. #1166
    Member Array hopeseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4 w5
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Yes, definitely! I think I've recently gotten a bit better at reining in my need to step in and "fix" someone's life. However, I still get frustrated by the very fact that I have to rein in my inner Hero!
    I like your post As soon as I stopped trying to "fix" or save others, I got really into fixing/saving myself. It makes more since huh ....Then I started getting really into accepting myself as well, not being so hard on myself and others anymore....then I began to seem more like an INFP than an INFJ...what a funny journey.
    Out beyond idea's of rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field, I'll meet you there. ~Rumi

  7. #1167
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeseed View Post
    I like your post As soon as I stopped trying to "fix" or save others, I got really into fixing/saving myself. It makes more since huh ....Then I started getting really into accepting myself as well, not being so hard on myself and others anymore....then I began to seem more like an INFP than an INFJ...what a funny journey.
    This seems quite a journey here, hehe. Its great to see someone wanting to turn into the INFP, rather than away.

  8. #1168
    Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    This seems quite a journey here, hehe. Its great to see someone wanting to turn into the INFP, rather than away.
    In a futile attempt to "fix" myself, I tried very hard to be an INFP for quite some time, before finally giving in to my overwhelming INFJness!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

    "A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

    And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

    - Kate Bush

  9. #1169
    Earth Exalted Array Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Swimfan

    INFJ ladies.......
    I N V I C T U S

  10. #1170
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    I definitely do this, too. I think it stems from a need to make sure everyone else is comfortable. I tend to be pretty good at breaking the ice when other people are obviously at a loss as to how to open conversation. Yet once people get going I am much less comfortable talking and sharing. And if I happen onto a group of people that I don't know well but that are close to one another...there is no greater torture in the world.
    Exactly!
    And that's such torture..

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You know you're an INFJ if you have a hero complex.
    A small one.

Similar Threads

  1. You know your'e an XX when you ?
    By lkpo14 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM
  2. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 457
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 01:43 AM
  3. [INTP] You know you're an INTP when...
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  5. [ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...
    By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO