• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
was Luke Skywalker an INFJ? :shrug:

Well, of course he was. All Jedi knights are INFJs and INTJs. haha...it's a requirement. They won't let you in the club if you can't present you IN-J card. That's why Han Solo never got a light saber.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a light-side person…
Or at least I try to be.
For if we cannot help each other,
What will future generations have to remember?
When you either have this false dichotomy of light and dark in yourself and worry a lot about being dark, but really are just more in touch with the fact that you have a dark side in yourself than the average person,

or

you argue with this concept and say that light and dark are just two sides of one whole and harmony comes from integrating all sides of yourself.

This is one difference between INFJ and INFP btw. INFP's alternate between thinking they are good people (but not good enough) and feeling like a terrible person, and INFJ's constantly feel like they are both at the same time (and then just throw out the whole concept).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, of course he was. All Jedi knights are INFJs and INTJs. haha...it's a requirement. They won't let you in the club if you can't present you IN-J card. That's why Han Solo never got a light saber.

:( surely some must have been INFPs

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When you either have this false dichotomy of light and dark in yourself and worry a lot about being dark, but really are just more in touch with the fact that you have a dark side in yourself than the average person,

or

you argue with this concept and say that light and dark are just two sides of one whole and harmony comes from integrating all sides of yourself.

This is one difference between INFJ and INFP btw. INFP's alternate between thinking they are good people (but not good enough) and feeling like a terrible person, and INFJ's constantly feel like they are both at the same time (and then just throw out the whole concept).

Now I'm considering going back to ENFP based on that…
I seem to have a mix of t and f traits…
Unlike my other preferences, which are pretty pure…

In the end, being a sensitive ENTP seems to fit best…

So…you say you are good and bad at the same time? And you're fine with it? I wish I had more inner peace…no matter how much studying I do…I never feel like I am noble, chivalrous, or honorable enough…I feel guilt that I don't do things like an ideal person. I also feel incompetent and lazy, no matter what I achieve or do. It just seems so trivial…

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now I'm considering going back to ENFP based on that…
I seem to have a mix of t and f traits…
Unlike my other preferences, which are pretty pure…

In the end, being a sensitive ENTP seems to fit best…

So…you say you are good and bad at the same time? And you're fine with it? I wish I had more inner peace…no matter how much studying I do…I never feel like I am noble, chivalrous, or honorable enough…I feel guilt that I don't do things like an ideal person. I also feel incompetent and lazy, no matter what I achieve or do. It just seems so trivial…
Hm, I couldn't say based on what you've said. You could be either.

I was speaking more about other INFJ's I've encountered, particularly a couple. It's my generalization, but it does seem to me like it fits with Fe and inferior Se. It's also a bit of an exaggeration. I'm more the second description. I imagine a lot of scenarios in which I could respond with so-called "darkness", aggression or ruthlessness, but it hardly ever translates into real life. There have been cases in which I judged myself to be to harsh and unfeeling. So I know I have these capabilities, but I also know I am essentially caring and ethical. I try to just look at it as being balanced. A lot of them, as fia pointed out, seem to be torn between asceticism and hedonism (an inferior Se thing). I just scold myself for being immoderate and not exercising good judgment.

I'm sure ENFP's and ENTP's and indeed any other type can feel a tension between good and bad, light and dark- it's just a human thing. But I think INFJ's tend to be particularly aware of their potential to be counter to what is associated with light; it's one reason why the type is associated with mystics and shamans.

yeghor

...when people try to make you feel bad when you no longer accommodate their needs...and you allow them to affect you...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Actually Yoda is a pretty stereotypical INTP :D

I do mostly agree though, you would have to be INxx to be a Jedi though and INFJs would be the stereotype...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Actually Yoda is a pretty stereotypical INTP :D

I do mostly agree though, you would have to be INxx to be a Jedi though and INFJs would be the stereotype...

Well, see I do, that not you have been, alone, on a swamp world long enough living :) Young Skywalkers into old Yodas may turn or at least into old Obiwans. Still, right you likely are. When that post was made, nothing of MBTI, I practically knew.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Anyone else relate to this?

♦ You plan out entire conversation in your head and get frustrated when someone else doesn't follow your 'script';
♦ You feel like you know someone you just met so well, that you're afraid to talk to them, 'cause you don't want them to think you're a stalker;
♦ You love reading about serial killers/psychos/etc just 'cause you love analyzing their twisted mind;
♦ You want to figure everyone else out, especially not what are they doing, but WHY do they do it;
♦ At kindergarten while other kids were playing with toys, you used to sit in-front of an aquarium and watch fishes for hours (and that was the best soap opera ever);
♦ When you were a kid, you read about reproducing system in encyclopedia and then explained to every adult you met what an embryo is (as scientific as possible);
♦ You love watching dramas from a distance, however, you don't want to be involved in it, actually, secretly you wish everyone would just live peacefully;
♦ You leave a good impression to everyone, even though then you think to yourself "If they only knew me..."; (People on here see shit I don't usually let out, actually...)
♦ You don't want to be friends with just anyone. You want your friends, those, whom you choose to show the real you, to be worth it;
♦ People say you're reserved and distanced from others;
♦ You'd love to be invisible and then go to a party or a meeting and watch everyone just so they wouldn't draw attention to you;
♦ To others you seem good and innocent but you've actually got a pretty dark side which would creep everyone out;
♦ You've got wicked sense of humor;
♦ Your first impressions about people seem to be right;
♦ You write a post this long in a dead thread just so you would pour your thoughts out in writing, otherwise they'd haunt you in your head for the next couple of weeks..
♦ You even googled for this ♦ symbol just so your post looks nice;
♦ You're afraid to push the "Submit Reply" button 'cause you're still questioning yourself is this the right thread you're posting in and what are people going to think about you if it's not.

Ok..I'm pushing anyways.

I'm pretty sure I'm not an INFJ but I relate to almost all of this (bolded the pats I do). Maybe it's a Ni thing?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
At 20 you believe misogyny is everywhere and it is not an insult to call someone a feminist, but end up marrying an ESTJ and becoming the perfect housewife.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
At 20 you believe misogyny is everywhere and it is not an insult to call someone a feminist, but end up marrying an ESTJ and becoming the perfect housewife.

OH. MY. GOD.

this is my whole life story. i literally majored in feminist studies in college, even. and yet, i am head over heels for an estj.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm confused. Many of these traits you guys are speaking of sound familiar to me, yet I almost always score as an INFP when I take the MB and keirsey tests
No trait is exclusive to a type, it's just a listing of ones that happen to coincide with INFJ. They certainly overlap with other types.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
You know you're an INFJ when you often read people's intentions accurately but people often read your intentions wrongly.