Page 110 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeseed View Post
    You know that you are aware of things that INTP's may not be
    That is true, I am curious to what it is though, do you mean emotions? Sounds interesting, eheh.

Senior Member Array

You notice that you are an INFJ, when people give you info on their medical records and/or personal details. And you didn't even ask.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

So INFJs have a reputation for not sharing themselves with others except those that they are especially close to. But I often find myself doing something seemingly contradictory and I was wondering if other INFJs do this.

I often have absolutely no problems discussing things that other people would consider very personal, but that I just don't feel particularly protective of. For example, I feel perfectly comfortable talking about my history with depression and use of medication to control it, but this sort of thing makes other people very uncomfortable. Therefore I only discuss it with people that I know can handle it. But for whatever reason, I have no problems with other people knowing this about me. It's not something that I'm ashamed of or feel privately about. It's just a medical condition that I have.

Of course there are lots of other things that I am VERY protective of. Things that other people might consider to be no big deal, but that I absolutely refuse to share.

Thoughts?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    So INFJs have a reputation for not sharing themselves with others except those that they are especially close to. But I often find myself doing something seemingly contradictory and I was wondering if other INFJs do this.

I often have absolutely no problems discussing things that other people would consider very personal, but that I just don't feel particularly protective of. For example, I feel perfectly comfortable talking about my history with depression and use of medication to control it, but this sort of thing makes other people very uncomfortable. Therefore I only discuss it with people that I know can handle it. But for whatever reason, I have no problems with other people knowing this about me. It's not something that I'm ashamed of or feel privately about. It's just a medical condition that I have.

Of course there are lots of other things that I am VERY protective of. Things that other people might consider to be no big deal, but that I absolutely refuse to share.

Thoughts?
    INFJs just have a different standard for what they consider private. They can be very open about many things simply because they have been processed and are therefore without danger. They do always seem to keep a core of themselves closed off, however.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    *snip*
    What Synarch said: +1.

It's the same for me, really. My privacy settings are considered strange. As I'm willing to share thoughts and ideas, believes, medical stuff even but am tight lipped about people and such.. mundane things. And silent as grave over some stuff.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    What Synarch said: +1.

It's the same for me, really. My privacy settings are considered strange. As I'm willing to share thoughts and ideas, believes, medical stuff even but am tight lipped about people and such.. mundane things. And silent as grave over some stuff.
    This is part of the reason to me why INFJ seem so other people focused. They really do not want to be scrutinized. They want connection, but it unsettles them somehow, as well.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

You know you're an INFJ when..

Though you want to be understood, you only care to be understood by those close to you. If everyone understood you, it would freak you out.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    INFJs just have a different standard for what they consider private. They can be very open about many things simply because they have been processed and are therefore without danger. They do always seem to keep a core of themselves closed off, however.
    +2
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    This is part of the reason to me why INFJ seem so other people focused. They really do not want to be scrutinized. They want connection, but it unsettles them somehow, as well.
    This is probably true for me.

I often deflect attention away from myself, and turn it upon the other person. So the other person is left not knowing a vast amount about me. I guess most people aren't tenacious enough, or don't put forth much effort to get past the 'deflections' - although a few people I've known have done so, and I appreciate it in a way, even though in the moment it can be exceedingly uncomfortable for me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    This is probably true for me.

I often deflect attention away from myself, and turn it upon the other person. So the other person is left not knowing a vast amount about me. I guess most people aren't tenacious enough, or don't put forth much effort to get past the 'deflections' - although a few people I've known have done so, and I appreciate it in a way, even though in the moment it can be exceedingly uncomfortable for me.
    Oh I know what you mean! Just reading your description made me feel uncomfortable, as I recalled what it's like when someone does this to me.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush