• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Indeed, cos it shows the actual imagery going through our heads, and it reflects emotions that are difficult to verbalize.

That could also be why many INFJs are interested in the arts. Its an outlet to express things that have a meaning that is hard to describe, maybe even think about directly. Fi users usually have the same reason for creating art.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That could also be why many INFJs are interested in the arts. Its an outlet to express things that have a meaning that is hard to describe, maybe even think about directly. Fi users usually have the same reason for creating art.

That's for sure. I find that creating art is therapeutic too, for it helps me to get out pent up feelings. I tend to hold them in, or they are at odds with what my Te and Ti would say "makes sense". Sometimes I don't know which to listen to, brains or heart. But my natural tendency is to listen to my heart though.

I think a sign of INFJness, especially in the scientific field, is that you end up majoring in environmental science, meteorology, or biological sciences rather than physics and chemistry. You prefer something that has a living element to it, or something that impacts humanity.

Tack on in social environments, you don't mind social interaction at all, but most times you are the quiet one in the group.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
That's for sure. I find that creating art is therapeutic too, for it helps me to get out pent up feelings. I tend to hold them in, or they are at odds with what my Te and Ti would say "makes sense". Sometimes I don't know which to listen to, brains or heart. But my natural tendency is to listen to my heart though.

I think a sign of INFJness, especially in the scientific field, is that you end up majoring in environmental science, meteorology, or biological sciences rather than physics and chemistry. You prefer something that has a living element to it, or something that impacts humanity.

Tack on in social environments, you don't mind social interaction at all, but most times you are the quiet one in the group.

I should try playing more music. Maybe piano because it's straightforward and sounds nice, too.

I'm learning to do that so I can pay more attention to actions and reactions of people in the group.

You know you're an INFJ (or at least NF) when your main cause for depression is connected to your ideals in some way, such as not reaching them, not knowing how to reach one, or not knowing how to 'lower the bar' to something more feasible. I am in the best mood when I feel like I am moving closer to some ideal, whether I actually know what the ideal is or not. It's worse when I consciously know what the ideal is because then I think about it too much.

You know you're an INFJ when at times you think about your ideals too much.

P

Phantonym

You know you're an INFJ (or at least NF) when your main cause for depression is connected to your ideals in some way, such as not reaching them, not knowing how to reach one, or not knowing how to 'lower the bar' to something more feasible. I am in the best mood when I feel like I am moving closer to some ideal, whether I actually know what the ideal is or not. It's worse when I consciously know what the ideal is because then I think about it too much.

Yes, absolutely.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

word.

Pandar

MBTI Type
INFJ
You think like an NT but can't say 90% of it to spare other people's feelings.
Exactly. :hug:

Or when you read the entire first page of this thread and are thinking only one of the items sorta fit you and maybe something is wrong with you.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Exactly. :hug:

Or when you read the entire first page of this thread and are thinking only one of the items sorta fit you and maybe something is wrong with you.

See my post on this page :)

Ideals are awesome when I can reach them. Such as when I make things on Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel. It gives me all the tools in a simple organization and gives me the flexibility to make my documents look good. When they reach my standards I feel good - - for about 3 minutes then I notice a slight mistake or suddenly just don't like it. I think it's what drives us to evolve and change things up sometimes.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about when you're in a class lecture and you're getting antsy because you already know what the professor is going to say to follow up to his main points.

You get annoyed when people don't have the foresight to understand how their actions impact others around them, and see them walking right into a mistake when they could have avoided it.

When the majority of your classmates are stumped about the concept of systems thinking, but you love it cos it connects with your dominant Ni and tertiary Ti.

When people think you're super intelligent, but you tell them "I just work hard and study, I don't think I'm smarter than anyone else."

Even though you may be a grown up, you still love fantasy and fairy tales.

P

Phantonym

I'm not sure whether this is so much a INFJ-related thing. I saw this and had a thought. I remember, when growing up, I strongly believed that people really do have a multitude of secret worlds inside of them. I felt I had them, so why wouldn't everybody else? I still believe that, you'd just have to make an effort to see them in other people. :cheese:

secret_worlds.jpg

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
when you get 5 second movie clips of the future
when you can tell by looking at someone their caliber, strength, compatibility with you
when your sexual imagination has to be "vented" into something else, for without a mate, it makes ya a bit grumpy

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
How about when you're in a class lecture and you're getting antsy because you already know what the professor is going to say to follow up to his main points.

I probably tuned the guy out.

You get annoyed when people don't have the foresight to understand how their actions impact others around them, and see them walking right into a mistake when they could have avoided it.

Mhm. Why can't EVERYONE have Ni? ;)

When the majority of your classmates are stumped about the concept of systems thinking, but you love it cos it connects with your dominant Ni and tertiary Ti.

What kind of concepts? I know chemistry, programming, and higher math twists my brain.

When people think you're super intelligent, but you tell them "I just work hard and study, I don't think I'm smarter than anyone else."

But I DON'T study or work hard... :)

Even though you may be a grown up, you still love fantasy and fairy tales.

The fairy-tales just have to be better written than when you were 5 :D

when you get 5 second movie clips of the future

Not of the REAL future. Maybe of what I think is going to happen, but I have 0 accuracy with those things.

when you can tell by looking at someone their caliber, strength, compatibility with you

Yeah, thankfully that assessment can change if you keep your mind open about it.

when your sexual imagination has to be "vented" into something else, for without a mate, it makes ya a bit grumpy

I wax things.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure whether this is so much a INFJ-related thing. I saw this and had a thought. I remember, when growing up, I strongly believed that people really do have a multitude of secret worlds inside of them. I felt I had them, so why wouldn't everybody else? I still believe that, you'd just have to make an effort to see them in other people. :cheese:

secret_worlds.jpg

I love The Sandman series, and I still think like this :D

fuzzy4brains

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you're processing something, and have a second fluff topic floating on the surface, so if someone asks you what you're thinking about, you honestly can give them the fluff answer.

When you guard your private journals well because it's the only record you have of what happened when in your life. Even though the journals are mostly your emotional/mental states at the time of writing, they have enough situational information for you to remember what you were doing in 1996.

When your friends nickname you "Fuzzy" because that's the way they think you think.

Lightyear

secret_worlds.jpg

After having seen him speak and read his stories I have a strong hunch that Neil Gaiman is an INFJ.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
When you're processing something, and have a second fluff topic floating on the surface, so if someone asks you what you're thinking about, you honestly can give them the fluff answer.

When you guard your private journals well because it's the only record you have of what happened when in your life. Even though the journals are mostly your emotional/mental states at the time of writing, they have enough situational information for you to remember what you were doing in 1996.

When your friends nickname you "Fuzzy" because that's the way they think you think.

Nice first post! Welcome to the forums. :hi:

Maybe for women the first one works. I can only think about one thing at a time, but my train of thought is fast/odd enough that people might think that I think about more than one thing at a time.

Lightyear

When you can have an automatic conversation with your sensor dad about sensor things while having a completely different train of thought running through your head at the same time.

fuzzy4brains

MBTI Type
INFJ
Nice first post! Welcome to the forums. :hi:

Thank you!

Maybe for women the first one works. I can only think about one thing at a time, but my train of thought is fast/odd enough that people might think that I think about more than one thing at a time.

I don't think gender has anything to do with it. I can only think about one thing at a time, too (and I've got only one 'voice' in my head). It's like two trains on parallel tracks, and I'm somehow on both trains (or constantly jumping between the two). One train is processing and the other is having a sensor conversation with my ESTP mother [thank you, Lightyear].

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably tuned the guy out.
I have tuned the professor out a couple times, actually. I just got frustrated and did my own thing.

Mhm. Why can't EVERYONE have Ni? ;)

Would be nice, but we do need some Se and Si people to balance everything out.

What kind of concepts? I know chemistry, programming, and higher math twists my brain.
In the systems thinking course, we go over several types of situations such as fishing, creating a story out of a graph, and producing computer models using flowcharts to show a mental model of what is happening in a given situation. I quite like the class. Perhaps it's more of a Ni/Ti/Te based mindset for the course material than Ni Fe. My professor said that it was a course that would be designed to change the way we think about things... be more future oriented and such.