Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    yeah got those wierd talks like, I'm just telling random things on autopilot and she's all 'I feel so confortable having such a 'true' talk with you'.
    Eck:eek:
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

eta: I actually mean that you are so unique google doesnt even get enough searches on you. I don't mean that INFJ isn't successful. Someone told me they were confused.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Reminds me of the 'French War Victories' search
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Reminds me of the 'French War Victories' search
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Sniffles

You maybe INFJ if you have a certain fascination with certain ascetic practices, whatever your own personal failings in this regards are. Perhaps due to our perfectionist nature.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

You maybe INFJ if you have a certain fascination with certain ascetic practices, whatever your own personal failings in this regards are. Perhaps due to our perfectionist nature.
    I don't completely understand what you're saying. Do you mean things like Feng Shui or styles of architecture? If you are, then I agree. I admire oriental work because it is very organic and fits with nature very well. I wouldn't mind living in a traditional Japanese house.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I don't completely understand what you're saying. Do you mean things like Feng Shui or styles of architecture? If you are, then I agree. I admire oriental work because it is very organic and fits with nature very well. I wouldn't mind living in a traditional Japanese house.
    Uhh no, not exactly. Since you bring up the Orient, a good example of what I'm talking about is a fascination with the self-disciplined lifestyle of Shaolin monks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Skyward, maybe you're confusing ascetic with aesthetic?

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

Yes. I have always been fascinated by the ascetic way of life. I was very interested in the tradition of hermits for a long time. It actually bothered me a little that I thought I could do something like that in reading about it. Not that it wouldn't be hard.... but that I think I could be so self-disciplined that I could achieve something like that. For me the interest is in the simplicity and purity (?) and strength of will required (which I tend to admire almost above all else.) I've always liked overcoming through strength of will. I do think I was super self-disciplined when I was very young and it was all consuming. But it was also very internalized and private.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post

eta: I actually mean that you are so unique google doesnt even get enough searches on you. I don't mean that INFJ isn't successful. Someone told me they were confused.
    This is hilarious, Elaur. (I prefer the unexplained post though )

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Yes. I have always been fascinated by the ascetic way of life. I was very interested in the tradition of hermits for a long time. It actually bothered me a little that I thought I could do something like that in reading about it. Not that it wouldn't be hard.... but that I think I could be so self-disciplined that I could achieve something like that. For me the interest is in the simplicity and purity (?) and strength of will required (which I tend to admire almost above all else.) I've always liked overcoming through strength of will. I do think I was super self-disciplined when I was very young and it was all consuming. But it was also very internalized and private.
    Yes this is very much the same thing with me.