• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So true! It makes us so bleedingly frustrating to those ENxPs who somehow get enamored with us :D

:yes: And while it might be particularly frustrating to ENxPs (who tend to lack enthusiasm for delayed gratification), I’ve found I can drive just about any type *bat-shit crazy* with this need for specific feedback. I actually thrive on helping people pinpoint exactly what they are feeling; I thrive on the process itself. Yet I think most people tend to see the process as some kind of necessary evil, and to them: spending any amount of extra time there probably seems like pulling unnecessary teeth.

People who understand the thrill of that process- to THOROUGHLY understand someone else’s existential position, or to BE thoroughly understood- are very far and few between.

...when you're in love with le fabuleux destin d'amelie poulain.

You know you’re INFJ when you can relate to that excruciating moment in “Amelie” when Amelie is daydreaming about Nino being in the apartment, rustling the bead curtain with his fingers- and she actually hears the bead curtain moving around- only to find out that it’s just the cat’s tail moving it around.

It’s that inevitable Se bitchslap: when the difference between ‘ideal possibility’ and ‘present reality’ becomes- in an instant- overwhelmingly clear. And the bigger that divide has become, the more painful that moment is.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
:yes: And while it might be particularly frustrating to ENxPs (who tend to lack enthusiasm for delayed gratification), I’ve found I can drive just about any type *bat-shit crazy* with this need for specific feedback. I actually thrive on helping people pinpoint exactly what they are feeling; I thrive on the process itself. Yet I think most people tend to see the process as some kind of necessary evil, and to them: spending any amount of extra time there probably seems like pulling unnecessary teeth.

People who understand the thrill of that process- to THOROUGHLY understand someone else’s existential position, or to BE thoroughly understood- are very far and few between.

You know you’re INFJ when you can relate to that excruciating moment in “Amelie” when Amelie is daydreaming about Nino being in the apartment, rustling the bead curtain with his fingers- and she actually hears the bead curtain moving around- only to find out that it’s just the cat’s tail moving it around.

It’s that inevitable Se bitchslap: when the difference between ‘ideal possibility’ and ‘present reality’ becomes- in an instant- overwhelmingly clear. And the bigger that divide has become, the more painful that moment is.

Yes! It's almost physical, isn't it, the pain one feels when confronted with "reality", after having lived in the ideal for a while.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:yes: And while it might be particularly frustrating to ENxPs (who tend to lack enthusiasm for delayed gratification), I’ve found I can drive just about any type *bat-shit crazy* with this need for specific feedback.

That's no great discovery actually that's picking on other ones weak spots.

If you call that an achievement in your life, you are way to far caught in your own world.

Frustration often translates to cruelness and I am way over my head here..

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
That's no great discovery actually that's picking on other ones weak spots.

If you call that an achievement in your life, you are way to far caught in your own world.

Frustration often translates to cruelness and I am way over my head here..

Could you explain better? I don't see where you're coming from.

Well we like to fix problems and in our heads, problems require specific feedback. You cant fix electronics without the right soldering equipment: 'No not a blowtorch! A SOLDERING IRON, do you know what that is?' That kind of feeling.

We don't like using broken equipment. Maybe an ENTP is skilled at making a broken tool work just as well as a fixed version or changing many broken bits into something new and useful, but an INFJ likes to fix things. The things in this manner are people. Many people don't want to be fixed, or know they don't need to. INFJs can be seen as nosy and pushy in this way.

P

Phantonym

but an INFJ likes to fix things. The things in this manner are people. Many people don't want to be fixed, or know they don't need to. INFJs can be seen as nosy and pushy in this way.

This is actually painfully true.

With certain people I constantly have this broken record going on in my mind that if you could just do things like this, this and this, you'd be much better off. But who am I to say what exactly that "better" is. So, I've learned not to voice these thoughts, though. It's not easy sometimes and I do slip up occasionally and say and do things that really are pushy and nosy while I know that I shouldn't.

And sometimes I just let people make mistakes even if I know that it will end up badly but it's the only way they can learn. It's painful to watch but it is necessary.

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
:You know you’re INFJ when you can relate to that excruciating moment in “Amelie” when Amelie is daydreaming about Nino being in the apartment, rustling the bead curtain with his fingers- and she actually hears the bead curtain moving around- only to find out that it’s just the cat’s tail moving it around.

you know you're an INFJ when someone says you know you're an INFJ when you are totally in love with amelie, and you point to a specific scene in amelie in response

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, it's actually that one. maybe the puddle + imagining the absolute worst one is next best. probably followed by the walk on water one with the bright (read: divine) light.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're know your INFJ when people slowly move towards the door everytime you crack a joke or you honestly answer the question "What are you thinking"...

Or maybe that's just me ;P

Lightyear

You know you are an INFJ when you pick up on the surreal and weird in your environment but completely miss what is right in front of your eyes. For example my holiday snapshots are often quite interesting since I take photos of weird, funny stuff while what's right in front of my eyes often seems just too boring to be photographed.

R

Riva

You know you are an INFJ when you pick up on the surreal and weird in your environment but completely miss what is right in front of your eyes. For example my holiday snapshots are often quite interesting since I take photos of weird, funny stuff while what's right in front of my eyes often seems just too boring to be photographed.

Buy a pair of spects.

You'll probably see more and probably would start thinking you are a ISTJ too. ;)

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
you know you're an INFJ when someone says you know you're an INFJ when you are totally in love with amelie, and you point to a specific scene in amelie in response

well, i'm in love with her :wubbie:

also, i can't believe some people (on this forum among others) would type her as INFP.... she's the INFJ i have identified the most with (and she's a girl!!!)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You're know your INFJ when people slowly move towards the door everytime you crack a joke or you honestly answer the question "What are you thinking"...

Or maybe that's just me ;P

It isn't just you. People don't move to the door for me, they just go ':huh:' and maybe tell me that what I said made noooo sense.

I also have a tendency to throw in huge non-sequiturs if I'm not actually engaged in the coversation.

Buy a pair of spects.

You'll probably see more and probably would start thinking you are a ISTJ too. ;)

I wear glasses and have my eyes checked regularly. It isn't my eyes that makes me miss the obvious :D It's the booze!

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you feel overwhelmed at random moments by how connected everything is and how amazing it is that the world manages to work most of the time. And it's so gratifying to see those connections, and you'd give anything to be able to adequately share the way they make you feel, but are hindered by the thought of being too cliché or just not being understood.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you are an infj when you dislike Christmas because its painful to watch people act like fools more than anything :doh:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know you're an INFJ when:

Your music mood influences what you're going to wear, and you plan it out for the next day and coordinate your makeup and jewelry to go with the musical theme you're going for, but all of this artistic expression is done in a subtle way.

You're gifted in writing poetry and lyrics and people think that you're deeply spiritual.

You probably like Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, and anything indie/art-rock like.

You feel you were born in the wrong decade.

80s culture has a strange appeal to you.

80s synth pop music transports you to a fluffy cloudlike place in your imagination and you draw pictures to capture the images in your mind.

You think like an NT, but don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Anyone in history that has been the social outcast you immediately side with.

When you feel responsible to transform someone's failures into successes cos you think they deserve to win for once.

When people misunderstand your deep affection for others as being obsessive/fixated.

You feel like you have to be a fairy godmother and wave a magic wand to make everything better.

You loved fairy tales as a child and still do.

You get the hots for INTJs cos their Ni connects with yours and you sympathize with their introversion.

You're the quiet one in group conversations.

You've had crushes on people that lasted for years that haven't been reciprocated.

You like inserting big words into your term papers.

You write in a long-winded and flowing way.

You find writing to be an easier way to communicate with people because it organizes your thoughts better.

You have a knack for putting abstract feelings into words that others aren't able to do.

You are probably interested in many fields such as science, languages, art, music, philosophy.

You hated it when people would act up in class and wished they would be more respectful of the class.

You're quite private when it comes to disclosing details about sex.

You were probably the one that stood up for the kid that was getting bullied on in school.

The feminist movement appeals to you.

You are probably very very emotionally sensitive, and others around you know it.

When there are emotional stressors, you tend to withdraw from everything almost immediately.

You get offended when people don't take you seriously; you have a hard time handling people busting on your chops.

You wish to be Doctor Who's companion.

Sometimes you wonder if you're not really a misplaced Frenchman/woman or Englishman/woman.

You are easily fascinated by things in life and take the details into your imagination.

Let's face it, you live in your imagination, and you go and create a lot of things based off of it.

You love the Romantic period of art.

In any normal state of life, you are calm and peaceful, but once someone double crosses you, you get charged with anger.

You have a hard time managing anger, it is your cryptonite.

You get overwhelmed by details when studying, and start losing focus and think about how the details affect you emotionally, but can't recall the factual information to save your life.

In terms of Bloom's Taxonomy of thinking, you do much better with the upper level thinking questions such as Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation. Simple factual recall bores you to tears.

You love essay questions in tests, it gives you more room to say what you know, and it allows you to prove your point.

You work conscientiously and quietly.

You're very curious about life.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
...I also have a tendency to throw in huge non-sequiturs if I'm not actually engaged in the coversation.

You too? I used to be terrible for that as a child. I'd be riding in the car and suddenly ask something totally off topic because I had travelled through several topics in my own mind in the intervening time.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You too? I used to be terrible for that as a child. I'd be riding in the car and suddenly ask something totally off topic because I had travelled through several topics in my own mind in the intervening time.

Happens to me too.

sweavo

MBTI Type
INFP
when you don't say what you mean to your INFP friend, which is correct behaviour, socially acceptable and considerate, but when your INFP friend doesn't say what they mean it's because they are being cowardly and manipulative...

am I close?

BMEF

You know you're an INFJ when you blush when your closest friends act inappropriately in public.

You know you're an INFJ when you always think about a better way to please your loved ones.