User Tag List

Page 103 of 235 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

  1. #1021
    The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    6,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

    P.S.: Where were you at?
    So, where do I find this tower of yours.
    I was thinking of setting a last minute vacation up.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  2. #1022
    Badoom~ Array Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    So, where do I find this tower of yours.
    I was thinking of setting a last minute vacation up.
    Follow the Beam. It'll take a while.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  3. #1023
    The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    6,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Follow the Beam. It'll take a while.
    here's a better idea.
    clear the way and give me a call when you find it.
    I'll be following in the limousine.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  4. #1024
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    INFP island - eww - never goin' back again
    Was there once and came back. Isn't it easier to breath again?

  5. #1025
    The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    6,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Was there once and came back. Isn't it easier to breath again?
    Why do you hate infps
    cmon, they are emotional, like trees and little birds, to share their constantly changing emotional states with the rest of us.

    alright, I see your point
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #1026
    Badoom~ Array Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Was there once and came back. Isn't it easier to breath again?
    Ive read in places that INFPs thrive on internal intensity. So if you stick a bunch of them together it turns into a place too heavy to really live in if you WEREN'T like an INFP in that way?

    here's a better idea.
    clear the way and give me a call when you find it.
    I'll be following in the limousine.
    That'll cost you a couple million dollars, half now half after I find it for you.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  7. #1027
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Follow the Beam. It'll take a while.
    I must warn you though, it may take your entire life to reach your Dark Tower. But it is a destination well worth the journey.


  8. #1028
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Why do you hate infps
    cmon, they are emotional, like trees and little birds, to share their constantly changing emotional states with the rest of us.

    alright, I see your point
    Hate.. me? No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Ive read in places that INFPs thrive on internal intensity. So if you stick a bunch of them together it turns into a place too heavy to really live in if you WEREN'T like an INFP in that way?
    Hmm, interesting question but I had a different perspective.
    Being pretty aware of what's expected, I usually mold in a way to it somewhat.. Not always consiously though. And because I am more edgy (and J-ish, I need conclusion) and moody than INFPs, trying to hold that in felt that I was holding in a breath, a suffocation of sort.
    A breath that I let out when I found out I was an INFJ.

    It probably has something to do with the fact that at home I'm expected to be more P-ish.. I get nagged for the J tendencies (and F, but I defend those ferociously). I should be more like my ESTP brother. Sigh.

  9. #1029
    Badoom~ Array Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Hmm, interesting question but I had a different perspective.
    Being pretty aware of what's expected, I usually mold in a way to it somewhat.. Not always consiously though. And because I am more edgy (and J-ish, I need conclusion) and moody than INFPs, trying to hold that in felt that I was holding in a breath, a suffocation of sort.
    A breath that I let out when I found out I was an INFJ.
    Mhm, I'm with you there. Those are the same reasons I figured I wasn't an INFP, but I could make up all these ideas why it would still fit. I recently realized that that's what's messing it up, it isn't objective, it was subjective to my need to 'fit' somewhere. I still haven't grown out of it.

    It probably has something to do with the fact that at home I'm expected to be more P-ish.. I get nagged for the J tendencies (and F, but I defend those ferociously). I should be more like my ESTP brother. Sigh.
    I'm thankful I'm blessed with an INFJ father and INFP mother, though my mom is easier to drive up the wall than my dad is

    I get nagged to be more J-ish... My J seems weird, only if I internally need that to be settled will I care much about it. Teenage emotional growing pains?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  10. #1030
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Mhm, I'm with you there. Those are the same reasons I figured I wasn't an INFP, but I could make up all these ideas why it would still fit. I recently realized that that's what's messing it up, it isn't objective, it was subjective to my need to 'fit' somewhere. I still haven't grown out of it.

    I'm thankful I'm blessed with an INFJ father and INFP mother, though my mom is easier to drive up the wall than my dad is

    I get nagged to be more J-ish... My J seems weird, only if I internally need that to be settled will I care much about it. Teenage emotional growing pains?
    Maybe partly? But naw, the infj's judging is directed more internally, for internal organisation. And overall it seems more P-ish. Besides, I have that too.
    My J is different from my mom's J (ISTJ), so it gets interesting, and ends up with that I should be the more lenient one.
    I wonder how many times I've heard: "But your brother is fine/uneffected/completely happy with it." Sigh. But he's completely different from me. (Oh he gets his share of the nagging too.)

    And for the begining part:

Similar Threads

  1. You know your'e an XX when you ?
    By lkpo14 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM
  2. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 457
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 01:43 AM
  3. [INTP] You know you're an INTP when...
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  5. [ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...
    By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO