• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You enjoy impressing others with your laudable humility.:D

Most people dont see it because when I'm comfortable in my own skin I really forget about social rules. My Se overjumps Fe since Se is a more reactive function.

I really enjoy times when I feel like my mind is settled and not trying to warp itself.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're INFJ when you spend so much of your life trying to jog in the conventional lane to keep on par with 'the others'. Then one day out of nowhere a thought flashes in your mind; what if you're far more amazing and talented than you know? What do you need to do to find out?

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
you know you're an infj if you ask questions such as where exactly are bob and pete and how do they know each other and you don't care whether or not it sounds as if you're illiterate.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I don't share the unusual experiences I've had. There are only 3 other people who've heard my stories.

My memory is pretty bad, so I rarely have stories unless they really imbedded themselves into me for some reason. The only ESP I claim to have is how easily I fall into my ESTP shadow when comfortable.

You know you're INFJ when you spend so much of your life trying to jog in the conventional lane to keep on par with 'the others'. Then one day out of nowhere a thought flashes in your mind; what if you're far more amazing and talented than you know? What do you need to do to find out?

I'm on the vice versa. I grew up in the unconventional lane and suddenly thought 'What if I'm screwing myself over socially for being so unconventional? What do I need to do to fix that?'

R

Riva

You know you are an INFJ if you name the spider in your room that stares at you till you sleep at night, climbs the bed and sits on your face till you wake up as 'Benny'.

And you know you are an INFP if you catch the spider and kiss it to try and make it turn into a handsome, charming Prince.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't share the unusual experiences I've had. There are only 3 other people who've heard my stories.

So why are you telling me this if you're not going to tell me?

What do you want me to think about you? :)

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
So why are you telling me this if you're not going to tell me?

What do you want me to think about you? :)

Well, I've seen a couple of ghosts and I've had some odd things happen but over-all I wouldn't say I have ESP. I guess I wouldn't advertise it to most people (face to face) because there are too many people out there who would scoff. I don't like to be judged, and I don't like to stand out. I don't know what to believe about psychics, clairvoyants, etc. but I suspect that many of them, if they exist, could be INFJ.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you are an INFJ if you name the spider in your room that stares at you till you sleep at night, climbs the bed and sits on your face till you wake up as 'Benny'.

And you know you are an INFP if you catch the spider and kiss it to try and make it turn into a handsome, charming Prince.

I name flies too. Mosquitoes get squashed, especially the big ones. They're freaky.

You know you're an INFJ when your interests (this includes hobbies and people) become more or less interesting depending on the day, excluding things and people who have affected you profoundly.

trimonke

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you can keep a year old, 200+ page thread going entirely with insight into your own behaviour. Unique insights, might I add.

I hope that's unique. I'm only around page 50. Yeah, I'm new here. Hi.

Last edited:

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you can keep a year old, 200+ page thread going entirely with insight into your own behaviour. Unique insights, might I add.

I hope that's unique. I'm only around page 50. Yeah, I'm new here. Hi.

Apologies if my profile picture is entirely too stern. It is all I have at the moment, and simply serves as a placeholder. Both in this thread, and in your memory.

Hi, glad you are joining us. You know you're INFJ if you read every one of these posts...LOL!

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Meetings - INFJ (Rant):

You feel most meetings to be a redundant, inefficient use of time.
You may enjoy saying hi to people you haven't seen in a while but you are always one of the first people to leave.
You wonder why, with all the technology available, you're forced to fight traffic at 6:00AM to spend 2 hours to listen to BS you already know.
You wonder when your company will get a clue.

trimonke

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know, can any of guys relate to this description of Lev Shestov? As for myself, I can't help but laugh everytime I read it - because I can relate to it so much:

"Shestov's philosophy is, at first sight, not a philosophy at all: it offers no systematic unity, no coherent set of propositions, no theoretical explanation of philosophical problems. Most of Shestov's work is fragmentary. With regard to the form (he often used aphorisms) the style may be deemed more web-like than linear, and more explosive than argumentative. The author seems to contradict himself on every page, and even seeks out paradoxes. This is because he believes that life itself is, in the last analysis, deeply paradoxical, and not comprehensible through logical or rational inquiry. Shestov maintains that no theory can solve the mysteries of life. Fundamentally, his philosophy is not 'problem-solving', but problem-generating, with a pronounced emphasis on life's enigmatic qualities."

Lev Shestov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know you're INFJ when negative descriptions of your type are a source of endless humour.

That was entirely surreal.

Two years ago, I decided to get a tattoo. Thinking up random ideas, I chanced upon 'despair'. The word had no special meaning back then, it just seemed right. I got the tattoo done two weeks later. Now, I've never regretted it, and i think of it like a part of my body that has always been there. Like a birthmark.
And now I read this. (His philosophy being The Philosophy of Despair.)

Makes you wonder. Perhaps time isn't entirely linear.

Which brings me to another point/explanation. Has anyone seen Donnie Darko? That movie made a lot of sense when I saw it, but I was never sure why. Now (as in, I came up with it right now) I think it might have something to do with what intuition is. Any maybe what it shows you, even if you can't ever remember it. Kind of like my tattoo.

I hope all of that made sense.

Just to keep things going:
You can understand obscure philosophical ideas instantly, but current affairs are impossible to grasp.

Last edited:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Meetings - INFJ (Rant):

You feel most meetings to be a redundant, inefficient use of time.
You may enjoy saying hi to people you haven't seen in a while but you are always one of the first people to leave.
You wonder why, with all the technology available, you're forced to fight traffic at 6:00AM to spend 2 hours to listen to BS you already know.
You wonder when your company will get a clue.

The first one last two are basically anyone who has to deal with it, thank god I don't yet (but I guess school classes count), but I relate to the second one. When the conversation starts grinding or feels forced I usually try and find some excuse to get out of it before it stops being worth the effort.

That was entirely surreal.

Two years ago, I decided to get a tattoo. Thinking up random ideas, I chanced upon 'despair'. The word had no special meaning back then, it just seemed right. I got the tattoo done two weeks later. Now, I've never regretted it, and i think of it like a part of my body that has always been there. Like a birthmark.
And now I read this. (His philosophy being The Philosophy of Despair.)

Makes you wonder. Perhaps time isn't entirely linear.

Which brings me to another point/explanation. Has anyone seen Donnie Darko? That movie made a lot of sense when I saw it, but I was never sure why. Now (as in, I came up with it right now) I think it might have something to do with what intuition is. Any maybe what it shows you, even if you can't ever remember it. Kind of like my tattoo.

I hope all of that made sense.

Just to keep things going:
You can understand obscure philosophical ideas instantly, but current affairs are impossible to grasp.

Or, things people find inanely weird and mind bending you get without really 'thinking' about it and you liken your mind as a diagram or landscape rather than a 'memory storage thing that makes decisions.'

Also, it took me a year to wrap my head around subtracting negative numbers. It's natural now, but back then it was like walking into a wall over and over, expecting it to disappear.

I can understand how time can be not completely linear. I think Deja Vu can be related to this since just yesterday reality just bent itself backwards when I was at the bus stop. I was seriously fckin' sure that I was there looking at the scenery that way. I couldn't have because I was never in Finland, let along a bus stop, before now. I had it in my mind that maybe I had it in a dream when I was little but didn't remember it when I woke up.

Haven't seen Donnie Darko, but I don't really watch movies anyway.

trimonke

MBTI Type
INFJ
Or, things people find inanely weird and mind bending you get without really 'thinking' about it
Verily.

and you liken your mind as a diagram or landscape rather than a 'memory storage thing that makes decisions.'
I keep my memories in lots of little boxes, connected by string (to represent what affects what). A lot are locked (or at least hidden), and most are forgotten until I need them (random, forgotten, memories do sometimes pop up. I have this nagging doubt that maybe I've repressed certain memories from my past.) When I'm trying to understand behavior I feel like a librarian picking up and reading specific books. Except with boxes and string instead of books and the dewey system.

Also, it took me a year to wrap my head around subtracting negative numbers. It's natural now, but back then it was like walking into a wall over and over, expecting it to disappear.

Hmm, I honestly can't recall much from that far back (or from any time in my past, really). It feels as if I understood it rather quickly, and at the same time I feel as if it took forever.

Something I've noticed from this post, I use brackets a lot to help organize tangents/extraneous ideas. And /'s help me paint a more complete picture, where one word won't do. Perhaps that's an INFJ thing (using brackets and slashes)?

Fife

MBTI Type
INFJ
Something I've noticed from this post, I use brackets a lot to help organize tangents/extraneous ideas. And /'s help me paint a more complete picture, where one word won't do.

+1 :D