• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Ideal Job?

Jonneh

If money was no object what would be your ideal job? The one job you will do for the rest of your life? Please include your type with your answer.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does one actually have to work at all then? If money were no object that is. Many people are tied down by their jobs after all, rather than contributing to one's fulfilment. To do things without the knowledge that one's survival depends on it (at least, until financial independence), even if said things are enjoyable is a much more appealing prospect, no?

Semantics aside, I suppose something with an emotional kick to it might be nice. And sufficiently varied even inside the job. Along with that, perhaps something that I can work to my own schedule to.

As for my type...I'm not quite sure.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would love to be a homemaker with no children, no spouse, and no job.

dippy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Probably what I'm going for right now - Film Directing. It's intense and stressful, which may confuse you in this sense as you're telling me money is no object in this case. But, I like to keep productive, so a job which I love doing plus keeping productive? Sounds good to me!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Musician/Producer/DJ

Which I'm currently trying to figure out.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My real type is a secret ... shhhh.

I want to be a novelist. :3 My dream is kind of to run away to one of my favorite national parks, get a day job at a tourist coffee shop, and on my days off, go on long hikes up a lonely trail that tourists rarely touch, find a nice tree to sit against, pull out my laptop, and write myself to another world.

My current plan is to become a nutritionist though, as I want to help people, and nutritionist rarely work overtime, so it will be perfect for me to have extra time to write on the side, and I can use the money from my career to attend writing conferences and pitch my books to agents and editors. :3 And I'll also use the money to go exploring, meet people, and get lots and lots of new perspectives and book ideas! :D Traveling is one of the best ways to get book ideas, I think! Nothing gets my inspiration flowing more than national parks, nature, and phenomena. :3

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wandering stranger, or as Vincent would put it, a bum. Alternatively, I might pursue like 50 different degrees.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I second [MENTION=31637]Korvinagor[/MENTION]

But I do want to be a writer and help people understand and accept themselves better.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
President of the Imperial Galactic Government

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would live with my bf and create music and art.

I might also try to help people recover from trauma.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Business CEO.

Mocha

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would love to be either a psychologist or writer. I love to help others with their problems, but I also love to write tales and poems. Only time will tell what I'll end up being, right?

balloongod

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm still trying to figure that out. (I'm hoping to figure it out despite there being very few years left before I have 30 candles on my cannoli-style birthday cake.)

However, there is a good chance it would be one or more of the following: author, professor, ornithologist, a position holder in educational leadership, lacrosse coach, entrepreneur. I already do two or three of those things, and am involved or have experience in most of them.

I'm an ENFJ.

molls

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My real type is a secret ... shhhh.

I want to be a novelist. :3 My dream is kind of to run away to one of my favorite national parks, get a day job at a tourist coffee shop, and on my days off, go on long hikes up a lonely trail that tourists rarely touch, find a nice tree to sit against, pull out my laptop, and write myself to another world.

My current plan is to become a nutritionist though, as I want to help people, and nutritionist rarely work overtime, so it will be perfect for me to have extra time to write on the side, and I can use the money from my career to attend writing conferences and pitch my books to agents and editors. :3 And I'll also use the money to go exploring, meet people, and get lots and lots of new perspectives and book ideas! :D Traveling is one of the best ways to get book ideas, I think! Nothing gets my inspiration flowing more than national parks, nature, and phenomena. :3

Move to Traverse City, Michigan. It would be perfect.

Taibreah

Oh boy, if money were no object, my career would be as a world traveller!

And, if I had the talent, I'd be a musician who could play various musical instruments.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does one actually have to work at all then? If money were no object that is. Many people are tied down by their jobs after all, rather than contributing to one's fulfilment. To do things without the knowledge that one's survival depends on it (at least, until financial independence), even if said things are enjoyable is a much more appealing prospect, no?
It all comes down to whether one works to live, or lives to work. Even if independently wealthy, I couldn't do nothing. I would need to do something, something challenging and productive, that would look to most folks like work. The difference would be that I was doing it for rewards other than money, which means I could be doing it entirely on my own schedule, and following my own interests and priorities. My current job should be much closer to this than it is, which is why I have been working very patiently to change it.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol this thread title is so rife with paradox. No clue is my answer.