User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I usually disappear from social events that I have to attend because I don't like mixing around with people I don't know.

But I sometimes I go into this dreamy state and I feel detatched from the world.

MBTI
    INFP

yeah i totally understand what you mean, sometimes i dont feel like i wana be alone, or any negative feelings towards the gathering, say its a party or whatever, im jst not 'THERE'
    i look at everything around me and i feel removed from it,,,i go off in my head with my lil thoughts and it makes me feel more comfortable than havin to make small talk with people when i really don't care to know them lol..id rather jst sit there and watch them , its quite fun actually=P ....other times however, when i do exert myself in a social situation i need alot of time to decompress...it gets anoyin sometimes, especially when i have a hectic scedule and i need to do alot of things in a week or so...my energy levels go crazy high highs and low lows....(i guess i rely on caffiene alot coz of it...) anywayz so people never seem to understand than i REALLY need to go home and recharge and be left alone, they keep thinkin im lazy and wish it wasnt the case,i wish i could just go on and on and on...but it realy takes a toll on me=/...can anyone share any method/ways they found helpful in dealin with this? coz its really gettin to be a problem now that im a junior in college and am usualy very busy...=/
    I 98% N 75% F 75% P 67%
    Enneagram: 4w5>9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

i do this a few times a year, totally disapear from pretty much everyone i can minus 1 or 2 select people. Most of my other friends are extroverts so they get offended

MBTI
    fool

An INFP I know is like this, and for the very first time when this happened he'd just shut off completely, I didn't know what it was. Later he explained that he needs this time to process something in his mind (he needed stimulus for his imagination).

Sometimes he'd just stay inside his house for days and not go out literally at all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am like that. I disappear for months, because having to keep up with my social life drains everything in me. And then when I do that, the Es friends complain.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

How does one CAUSE a INFP to disappear?

Other than murder, that is...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I go on a hermit hiatus every few months it seems. I think it scares my friends/family, because i don't answer the phone/emails so they think i'm dead.

I just get fed up with dealing with people, and the emotions that they bring me. I spend a lot of time at home. Of course its not true hermitism (i made up a word!) because i do have to be around my boyfriend and son because i live with them. i can't really hermit (i used hermit as a verb!) my way out of that one.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP

I definitely definitely go into hermit mode once in a while. I wonder why I do, but it happens. It's a good explanation for why I have difficulty maintaining friendships with people. I feel very comfortable isolated with just myself, and the desire to seek out other people (online or in real life) is really not there sometimes. I don't know if this is exactly a 'problem', because I do get out of hermit status and can still maintain normal social interaction and keep close friends, but it's unknown to me why exactly it happens. It probably appears inconsistent to other people--how I seem to disappear for weeks--and then I'm back on again, with no real explanation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

There is no one to disappear from!

MBTI
    INTJ

I would say almost any I can have a disappearing act.