User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 64

  1. #11
    Senior Member edcoaching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's not what I had in mind--It wasn't even criticism. I have noticed that many NFs take personally that which is entirely out of their realm of influence. To take the thread as an insult is an irrational instinct, and as such, should have expected almost everyone to read it the wrong way, since people are rarely rational. Alas, the time between the thought and the posting of the thread was about 10 seconds, so I didn't give myself the chance.
    Actually, bad news isn't paralyzing but energizing to do my part in my sphere of influence. Rather than think that there's nothing I can do, I just work harder, hoping for the "pay it forward" effect, that someone I touch will go on to solve even bigger problems.

    Is that rational? Not logical but rational?
    edcoaching

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    I didn't think it was about bashing NFs fwiw. I was going to ask if you meant that NFs have difficulty shutting themselves off from those things which might bother them most?
    Exactly. Before the information age, news was filtered a great deal more, to a greater degree the farther we go back in time.

  3. #13
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Actually, your choice of rhetoric ("news of the wicked") was indeed insulting, for those that could actually be insulted by someone such as yourself.

  4. #14
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Eh, it sucks to hear about it because the effects can be intuited upon ones self due to how we operate. However, an NF that has reached a certain level of maturity can typically handle the effects semi rationally to rationally and not let it totally kill them. Empathy is just another tool that needs to be used properly.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Actually, bad news isn't paralyzing but energizing to do my part in my sphere of influence. Rather than think that there's nothing I can do, I just work harder, hoping for the "pay it forward" effect, that someone I touch will go on to solve even bigger problems.

    Is that rational? Not logical but rational?
    That's logical and rational, and relates to the question at hand. Thank you.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Actually, your choice of rhetoric ("news of the wicked") was indeed insulting, for those that could actually be insulted by someone such as yourself.
    By "news of the wicked" I referred to, and only to "Tales of horrible things happening in the world." Did you misunderstand me?

  7. #17
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's not what I had in mind--It wasn't even criticism. I have noticed that many NFs take personally that which is entirely out of their realm of influence. To take the thread as an insult is an irrational instinct, and as such, should have expected almost everyone to read it the wrong way, since people are rarely rational. Alas, the time between the thought and the posting of the thread was about 10 seconds, so I didn't give myself the chance.
    Okay.

  8. #18
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I have noticed that many NFs take personally that which is entirely out of their realm of influence.
    Life is personal to F. It doesn't necessarily mean F's ought to be sheltered.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I had an epiphany. You, being NF, tell me how accurate it is. I don't have much to say of it other than:

    It doesn't seem NFs are built for an environment in which news of the wicked can reach them from anywhere on the globe without hindrance.
    Hmm. Well, on one hand, I hate that I hear about a rape/murder/severe car crash/abduction on the news every single day. I'm aware it happens, I just don't like being reminded of it so often. On the other hand, I like that I can hear about what's going on around the world, even if it is bad news. It keeps me driven to keep going and doing what I'm doing because I'm sure what I want to do (tell stories) will in some way, down the line, help someone who is having trouble--not that that is my primary goal, just seems like a happy incident. I suppose it also gives me a bit of perspective. No matter how bad my life might seem at the moment, someone else's life is just as bad if not worse, so I should probably get over whatever the issue is.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Life is personal to F. It doesn't necessarily mean F's ought to be sheltered.
    Certainly not, it's just analysis.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] NFs: Describe the person who you most admire and look-up to
    By Cenomite in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM
  2. [NF] NF and the Green Eyed Monster--JeaLousy!
    By Santosha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
  3. [NF] NF and the after effects of sex
    By EnflamedHeartofSand in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 12:44 PM
  4. Globalization, general and the French
    By Antimony in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 03:48 AM
  5. [NF] NFs and the effect of music
    By milti girl in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO