• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Top 3 reasons for why NFs suck...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... while tossing healing crystals into the air and knocking nearby squirrels out cold.

I think it's very nice for NFs to be saving the lives of so many squirrels, who would otherwise be running out into the road and playing chicken with moving traffic. (It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow. Maybe I'm not an NF. I thought "Hmm. Not me. Good thing I didn't date much, I guess. Wouldn't SFPs be more likely to get into situations . . . no, I did know that one NF, poor thing . . . I wonder if there are any new posts . . . "

heh. I think an ISFP would go straight to the interpretive dance, which highlights a nice thing about NFs. At least they're not TOTALLY random. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) if they're males, the type most likely to be the recipient of all sorts of sadistic childhood tortures. if they're females, the type most likely to get date-raped.
true. they're just asking for it.

why NFs suck:

1. all of them, immediately upon reading the above joke, will spontaneously burst into tears and attempt to open the nearest window and commit suicide by jumping out...
*sigh*

My response. Oh great. Yet another hilarious dolt.

ArtlessFuture

MBTI Type
INFP
it took me forever to read this post. once i read "mole hole", it took a while for my brain to stop repeating it in different ways. "mole hole...", "wtf, mole hole", "mole hole?", "mountain out of...?!?", "is this supposed to mean that it's worse than a hill because it's deeper, thus further from being a mountain?" and return to serious mode.

I have always heard it as "mole hill".

Seems most of the posters contributing to this thread are NFs themselves, lol.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
1.) Take EVERYTHING personally
2.) Can read vibes, but cannot always interpret them correctly
3.) Take offense on behalf of loved ones and friends too easily and go into protector mode with violence

Damned straight on #3 :party2:

:blush:

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
true. they're just asking for it.

why NFs suck:

1. all of them, immediately upon reading the above joke, will spontaneously burst into tears and attempt to open the nearest window and commit suicide by jumping out.

2. if they are not thwarted by their total mechanical incompetence

3. or, if the window has been conveniently left open by an NT, it will be a first floor window and they will safely land on a bed of flowers. This will only reinforce their sick passion for pretty trivialities and they will then start crying with joy and compose an impromptu interpretive dance to give thanks to their spirit guide while tossing healing crystals into the air and knocking nearby squirrels out cold.

:shock:

:run:

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
#3 - OMG, good one, especially for INFP's and I agree that the ISFP's would go straight to the dance. At least I have an inkling of logic and practicality about me. I mean, is it ok to say that? I wouldn't want to offend anyone.
:hug: :blush: :cry:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
#3 - OMG, good one, especially for INFP's and I agree that the ISFP's would go straight to the dance. At least I have an inkling of logic and practicality about me. I mean, is it ok to say that? I wouldn't want to offend anyone.
:hug: :blush: :cry:

You only say that because you are bitter about not being able to interpretatively dance.

J1129

MBTI Type
INFJ
HA! You claim we're so arrogant when an NT started the top three reasons NTs suck, now...it's your turn!!!

1. They're too afraid to show a little self-pride.
  2. They're so politically correct and worried about offending others.
  3. They think NTs are cold and evil.

Ok I'll give you #1 but I keep my pride to myself & I don't see why it should matter to others whether I show it or not.

#2: I do not like in fact being politically correct. I think trying to not offend people can actually cause more problems than it solves.

#3: No, unless they go against my values & morals. I actually get along with most NTs because of our N interests. I have had many interesting conversations with NTs because of similar but at the same different ways of thinking.

Blossom76

MBTI Type
INFP
1. they tend to be oversensitive
2. they tend to be revengeful
3. they tend to dissect every word I say to smell whether there is some hidden agenda or conspiracy going on behind their backs

oh so very true!:rofl1:

heart

heart on fire
2. Sometimes having no clue that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. As in, they think good intentions are all that matters, but I reckon if there is a truly shitty outcome, no amount of good intentions will make up for the shitty outcome.

Well, here is an NF view of what you have said: The road to hell is most often paved with the actions of those who use the mantle of "good intentions" to hide their evil intentions and who dupe those around them. The devil comes cloaked as an angel of light after all.

The second sort of paving to hell are those who lie to themselves about their good intentions, meanwhile letting their secret selfishness have its way. The person who dupes themselves.

Most of the time when good intentions go wrong, it is because the people involved didn't have the wherewithal to stick to their good intentions and to make their acts measure up to the intentions.

It is a fine point but a point nonetheless that is important when looking actions and motivations. I agree good intentions cannot excuse a bad outcome but even more so when either the person was not honest enough about their intentions to begin with OR they allowed selfish/bad intents to come in later. The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves. ;)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
1)Afraid to show pride/too modest
2)Take things very personally sometimes when no insult was intended at all
3)Unorganized!

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
HA! You claim we're so arrogant when an NT started the top three reasons NTs suck, now...it's your turn!!!

1. They're too afraid to show a little self-pride.
  2. They're so politically correct and worried about offending others.
  3. They think NTs are cold and evil.
Not a single one of those is true about me.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't really feel we're that bad, but I can still think of plenty:

1. I'm rather impractical and ungrounded at times.

2. I sometimes chase a dream or an idea to ludicrous extremes.

3. I spend a lot of time trying to find myself.

4. I tend to judge people before I even know them, albeit I'm usually right about them. (Maybe that one's just NFJ?)

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
athenian200 said:
4. I tend to judge people before I even know them, albeit I'm usually right about them. (Maybe that one's just NFJ?)
I think it's a tendency that comes with the FJ combination. I used to think I was always right about people even when based on little information depending on how I felt. I try ever so hard not to do that anymore as I realized that my first feelings can be inaccurate. I realized that I had over-relied on "gut instinct" and little signals. I have misused it both ways for the record. I have decided that someone was "good" and they were not. More often however I decide I am NOT going to like someone and hold onto it way too long. I have lots of boring examples of this. Anyway as I get older I try to give people a chance and am getting really good at it. To do this however I have to be careful not to set my expectations to a level that they could never make the grade.

wyrdsister

MBTI Type
Ape
If that's all you can come up with that's bad about NFs then I'm glad I'm one.

*schnuggles all*

HAH!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
hm, maybe it's a wrong thread for me, as I love NF's and dont think of them as someone who suck. Anyways, I'll try.

1) Naivety in that they assume that a person must be in internal emotional chaos because of some adverse life situation they have encountered, so that they have to be soft and therapeutic in their dealings with the said person.

2) Their desire and natural tendency to be mature and pleasant prevents them from enjoying dark humor, parody, satire and humor based on humiliation that much.

3) They lack the tactical eye to reverse their good behaviour or their message to incite the correct outcome in a given situation. Instead they try to perform everything by speaking truthfully, openly and honestly, even when the other party would except a measure of deception, and allow it.