User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default Wow, do NF's really like poking at people???

"3. Poke! What will he do this time? Poke....Yes that got her going! Poke...hmmmm that didn't work. Poke-nudge-Poke Now that was a great reaction it was worth the wait!............... HEY!!! Stop picking on me back-JERK!"

Wow, I thought this was just ME because I'm a little ADD (also an ENF trait?) and I like seeing how people tick. I really used to try to get a reaction from people, to see if and when and how they got angry, what they were passionate about, etc. And it's true, sometimes it backfires because you 'poke' and you succeed in getting a rise from someone, but then they STAY TRULY ANGRY at you and don't like you as much!

Hahahaha, it's an NF curse.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

More:

1. Feel attacked when someone disagrees with you.

2. Have trouble seeing a comment as an observation rather than a compliment or insult.

3. May attempt to manipulate people's emotions to achieve something, or simply as a defense mechanism. (Although I feel bad about it if I do this.)

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    "3. Poke! What will he do this time? Poke....Yes that got her going! Poke...hmmmm that didn't work. Poke-nudge-Poke Now that was a great reaction it was worth the wait!............... HEY!!! Stop picking on me back-JERK!"

Wow, I thought this was just ME because I'm a little ADD (also an ENF trait?) and I like seeing how people tick. I really used to try to get a reaction from people, to see if and when and how they got angry, what they were passionate about, etc. And it's true, sometimes it backfires because you 'poke' and you succeed in getting a rise from someone, but then they STAY TRULY ANGRY at you and don't like you as much!

Hahahaha, it's an NF curse.
    Literally: I like to poke people in their belly buttons, but once I poked one of my coworker's in her belly button and she got a little too so I issued myself Cease and Desist order until find a less invasive way of getting a rise.

Figuratively: I like to poke people and sometimes they get mad at me, then I'm like I probably shouldn't have done that, but meh. I get bored easily.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Literally: I like to poke people in their belly buttons, but once I poked one of my coworker's in her belly button and she got a little too so I issued myself Cease and Desist order until find a less invasive way of getting a rise.

Figuratively: I like to poke people and sometimes they get mad at me, then I'm like I probably shouldn't have done that, but meh. I get bored easily.
    I probably wouldn't invade someone's personal space unless I knew them very well, and even then I would be hesitant. I'm not really into poking physically. I only poke people figuratively if I know them well, and know they can take it. Otherwise I'm very respectful and formal.

Isn't it interesting to see how despite all being NF's, we differ from each other?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    1. they tend to be oversensitive
    2. they tend to be revengeful
    3. they tend to dissect every word I say to smell whether there is some hidden agenda or conspiracy going on behind their backs
    Over-sensitive i would agree with, but revengeful? well i know at least that im not revengeful which is a good thing.

As for the whole conspiracy, its more of an anxiety towards possibilities for me anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    1)Afraid to show pride/too modest
    2)Take things very personally sometimes when no insult was intended at all
    3)Unorganized!
    yeah that's pretty accurate
    but i like my flaws, and do no think they make me suck. =)
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

3. they tend to dissect every word I say to smell whether there is some hidden agenda or conspiracy going on behind their backs
    smell?

a fragrance?
    an aroma?
    a scent?

I plead also guilty.

MBTI
    ENFP

1. its because were perfectionists and are born angels
    2 tears! weapons of mass destruction....
    3. its those little ticking minds of yours, strategies, plans, :steam: hehe and were frightened of missing something

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

I thought conspiracy theories were a "P" thing.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post
    Over-sensitive i would agree with, but revengeful? well i know at least that im not revengeful which is a good thing.

As for the whole conspiracy, its more of an anxiety towards possibilities for me anyway.
    i'm not revengeful either, never have been. the conspiracy bit tends to happen when i get confused, mixed signals or when i smell a rat!