User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    3) They lack the tactical eye to reverse their good behaviour or their message to incite the correct outcome in a given situation. Instead they try to perform everything by speaking truthfully, openly and honestly, even when the other party would except a measure of deception, and allow it.
    That's not what I've seen. I've seen more of an NF being dishonest in an attempt to please or "suck up to" another party.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    That's not what I've seen. I've seen more of an NF being dishonest in an attempt to please or "suck up to" another party.
    I dont consider the NF appeal to emotions as any great scheme. I mean, appealing to emotions, it isn't lieing. It can only effect if the target person prioritizes emotions over logic.

Many people even want to decide by F. So I dont consider their expression style as a way to decieve.

To me, NF influencing style draws from the known and unknown feelings of the people whom the decision might affect. I think it is accepted that there are charismatic speakers and lobbyers who try to influence the public to accept their cause. I think it can be dishonest only, if the person advocating some cause hides his/her loyalties.

Now that I think of it (environmentalists, political campaigners, etc), NF do indeed bend the facts, but I tend to believe that their efforts have been sincere. Maybe that's where the NF influence lies in, by influencing with charisma and their supposed good nature. I just find it so hard not to forgive NFs.

That, if true, is masterful manipulation.

MBTI
    intp

Santtu, I think your list is refreshingly accurate compared to most people's lists here.

(Plus your list is more flattering, because I don't see those as very shameful drawbacks.)
    Last edited by Kaveri; 09-12-2007 at 01:05 AM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Santtu, I think your list is refreshingly accurate compared to most people's lists here.
    I like his list as well, especially #1.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Where to start? There are so many, how can I pick just 3, let alone the top 3? It's too much to expect of any self-disrespecting INFP. Thus: my list of 3 significant (though not top) reasons why NFs suck.

1. Frequently compromise "lesser values" in the pursuit of harmony, and even more frequently stifle potentially constructive debate/discussion for the same reason.

2. As has been mentioned, not known for their ability to produce dark humour, though they may well enjoy it.

3. Frequently take themselves far too seriously.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Where to start? There are so many, how can I pick just 3, let alone the top 3? It's too much to expect of any self-disrespecting INFP. Thus: my list of 3 significant (though not top) reasons why NFs suck.

1. Frequently compromise "lesser values" in the pursuit of harmony, and even more frequently stifle potentially constructive debate/discussion for the same reason.

I see everywhere INFP and INFJ critcized for NOT being willing to compromise lesser values in the pursuit of harmony.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I see everywhere INFP and INFJ critcized for NOT being willing to compromise lesser values in the pursuit of harmony.
    Maybe it's more related to E?
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Maybe I'm overly sensitive to it because of my INFPness. Work that one out.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

1. every comment at the bottom of the page that was posted in response to this article that was brought to us via ivy.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post

3) They lack the tactical eye to reverse their good behaviour or their message to incite the correct outcome in a given situation. Instead they try to perform everything by speaking truthfully, openly and honestly, even when the other party would except a measure of deception, and allow it.
    I'm the staff liaison for a committee that I haven't got a clue about. The last liaison was horrible, didn't keep decent records and documentation so I'm basically flying blind. My job recently had our committee meetings and I had to present information that I didn't have to the committee members.

When I approached my supervisors about this problem I was told to LIE. Yes that's right, they said lie and say that I had information that I didn't have and basically bullshit my way through the committee members questions. I agreed wholeheartedly and was very much prepared to spin a wonderful tale. It was magnificent.

Then my committee members started asking the questions I anticipated, I opened my mouth and dammit out came the TRUTH. I said we have very little documentation for the last five years of the committee said I'm sorry and shrugged my shoulders. Then the chair said, that's OK, I kept everything and here are my minutes and some other important stuff that I really needed.

There's really no point to what I just said (I think I may be proving your point), only that my ass has been saved more often by just telling the truth than by lying. I think in some situations where lying would be the smartest and optimal thing to do, people can sense that by just telling the truth when it would have been better to lie, is actually a better strategic move because most people would've just lied. You put yourself in a position where you're asking people to recognize that you took the "high road" when it was the dumbest thing to do. You're putting your neck on the chopping block and then making big puppy dog eyes and asking for mercy. It's been my experience that people tend to be lenient in these situations.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3