User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 133

  1. #51
    Member J1129's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    HA! You claim we're so arrogant when an NT started the top three reasons NTs suck, now...it's your turn!!!

    1. They're too afraid to show a little self-pride.
    2. They're so politically correct and worried about offending others.
    3. They think NTs are cold and evil.
    Ok I'll give you #1 but I keep my pride to myself & I don't see why it should matter to others whether I show it or not.

    #2: I do not like in fact being politically correct. I think trying to not offend people can actually cause more problems than it solves.

    #3: No, unless they go against my values & morals. I actually get along with most NTs because of our N interests. I have had many interesting conversations with NTs because of similar but at the same different ways of thinking.

  2. #52
    Senior Member indigo2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    122

    Default

    how did you know?
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )

  3. #53
    Junior Member Blossom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    1. they tend to be oversensitive
    2. they tend to be revengeful
    3. they tend to dissect every word I say to smell whether there is some hidden agenda or conspiracy going on behind their backs

    oh so very true!

  4. #54
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    2. Sometimes having no clue that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. As in, they think good intentions are all that matters, but I reckon if there is a truly shitty outcome, no amount of good intentions will make up for the shitty outcome.
    Well, here is an NF view of what you have said: The road to hell is most often paved with the actions of those who use the mantle of "good intentions" to hide their evil intentions and who dupe those around them. The devil comes cloaked as an angel of light after all.

    The second sort of paving to hell are those who lie to themselves about their good intentions, meanwhile letting their secret selfishness have its way. The person who dupes themselves.

    Most of the time when good intentions go wrong, it is because the people involved didn't have the wherewithal to stick to their good intentions and to make their acts measure up to the intentions.

    It is a fine point but a point nonetheless that is important when looking actions and motivations. I agree good intentions cannot excuse a bad outcome but even more so when either the person was not honest enough about their intentions to begin with OR they allowed selfish/bad intents to come in later. The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves.

  5. #55
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    1)Afraid to show pride/too modest
    2)Take things very personally sometimes when no insult was intended at all
    3)Unorganized!

  6. #56
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    HA! You claim we're so arrogant when an NT started the top three reasons NTs suck, now...it's your turn!!!

    1. They're too afraid to show a little self-pride.
    2. They're so politically correct and worried about offending others.
    3. They think NTs are cold and evil.
    Not a single one of those is true about me.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  7. #57
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    I don't really feel we're that bad, but I can still think of plenty:

    1. I'm rather impractical and ungrounded at times.

    2. I sometimes chase a dream or an idea to ludicrous extremes.

    3. I spend a lot of time trying to find myself.

    4. I tend to judge people before I even know them, albeit I'm usually right about them. (Maybe that one's just NFJ?)

  8. #58
    Senior Member Lookin4theBestNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200
    4. I tend to judge people before I even know them, albeit I'm usually right about them. (Maybe that one's just NFJ?)
    I think it's a tendency that comes with the FJ combination. I used to think I was always right about people even when based on little information depending on how I felt. I try ever so hard not to do that anymore as I realized that my first feelings can be inaccurate. I realized that I had over-relied on "gut instinct" and little signals. I have misused it both ways for the record. I have decided that someone was "good" and they were not. More often however I decide I am NOT going to like someone and hold onto it way too long. I have lots of boring examples of this. Anyway as I get older I try to give people a chance and am getting really good at it. To do this however I have to be careful not to set my expectations to a level that they could never make the grade.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

  9. #59
    Senior Member wyrdsister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    Ape
    Posts
    106

    Default

    If that's all you can come up with that's bad about NFs then I'm glad I'm one.

    *schnuggles all*

    HAH!
    Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon and Nordic culture roughly corresponding to fate. It is ancestral to Modern English weird, which has acquired a very different meaning.

  10. #60
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    hm, maybe it's a wrong thread for me, as I love NF's and dont think of them as someone who suck. Anyways, I'll try.

    1) Naivety in that they assume that a person must be in internal emotional chaos because of some adverse life situation they have encountered, so that they have to be soft and therapeutic in their dealings with the said person.

    2) Their desire and natural tendency to be mature and pleasant prevents them from enjoying dark humor, parody, satire and humor based on humiliation that much.

    3) They lack the tactical eye to reverse their good behaviour or their message to incite the correct outcome in a given situation. Instead they try to perform everything by speaking truthfully, openly and honestly, even when the other party would except a measure of deception, and allow it.

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Top 3 reasons for why SPs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:58 AM
  2. [NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck
    By Haight in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 773
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 06:57 AM
  3. [SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
  4. [SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs rule...
    By Athenian200 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
  5. [NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Rock
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO