User Tag List

First 123

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I have a chronic late friend, I think the reason they are always late, is half because they don't want to ever wait on someone, so whether they are aware of it or not, they will tell people to meet them before they really plan on arriving. And for others, while they think they might be late or will take a while, they want to please (at least when they are around you) so they will say "oh yeah, I'll be there in only 30 minutes man" and will hold the "30 minute" schedule as an ideal of which they won't attach much importance to the second they get off the phone with you.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I have a chronic late friend, I think the reason they are always late, is half because they don't want to ever wait on someone, so whether they are aware of it or not, they will tell people to meet them before they really plan on arriving. And for others, while they think they might be late or will take a while, they want to please (at least when they are around you) so they will say "oh yeah, I'll be there in only 30 minutes man" and will hold the "30 minute" schedule as an ideal of which they won't attach much importance to the second they get off the phone with you.
    I used to be more chronically late than almost anyone (I've matured a bit), and while I partially agree, I think it's more basic procrastination. "Why brush my teeth now if I might still make it on time if I brush them in ten minutes. I can sit here and stare at the wall."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I used to be more chronically late than almost anyone (I've matured a bit), and while I partially agree, I think it's more basic procrastination. "Why brush my teeth now if I might still make it on time if I brush them in ten minutes. I can sit here and stare at the wall."
    Yeah I agree it's very easy to rationalize "okay, ten more minutes, then..." but at some point you have to realize that you are always late and pissing people off, and then you have to rationalize lateness despite this.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah I agree it's very easy to rationalize "okay, ten more minutes, then..." but at some point you have to realize that you are always late and pissing people off, and then you have to rationalize lateness despite this.
    Uh-huh. And sometimes it takes ten years.