• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] To INFP Ladies

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I relate...oh wait...i am not INFP. I just relate to assumptions about STP types. Especially when i know our weaknesses, our fears, our goals, our negatives. I have said it before.

My take is that unhealthy INFJ will take on qualities associated to INFP in a much more negative way. And an INFP take on qualities associated to INFJ in a much more negative way. You can apply that to pretty much all type.

The crappy ISTx descriptions i will fit half of ISTJ and half ISTP. They suck and honestly people dont care to really dig much deeper into it then shallow impression vs a better seperation. It requires a bigger picture of stereotype, not always more in depth of a person.

Its not just your type.

INFP are caring, sensitive people who can turn "bad ass" when pushed.

Most people only see what affects them and dismiss the rest. That creates alot of people that dont see the full picture.

You summed this up perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself.
After getting into mbti for a few months and seeing all these assumptions based on individuals because of their type, you can say I got fed up and needed to rant which was why this thread happened.
I have to learn to stop taking these personally, not let them affect me as well as to move forward and prove people wrong.
Despite not being INFP, it was kind of you to stop by and added in. :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You summed this up perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself.
After getting into mbti for a few months and seeing all these assumptions based on individuals because of their type, you can say I got fed up and needed to rant which was why this thread happened.
I have to learn to stop taking these personally, not let them affect me as well as to move forward and prove people wrong.
Despite not being INFP, it was kind of you to stop by and added in. :)

I have been into it a few months to...like 96 months. Anytime :)

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, okay... I've heard some put-downs, i.e. that the majority of folks on the autism spectrum are INTJs (doesn't mean all INTJs are autistic), and that INTJs are black-and-white thinkers; cold rationalists unable to look at the big picture or to have much empathy for others. Then again, I am still learning the nuances of each type. I am partial to the Enneagram, to be honest. It's a little more broad of a system; less stereotypical. I am frankly more at home discussing enneatypes, and it's quite interesting to me how they correspond to Myers-Briggs types.

There's nothing wrong with being "soft," OP. Gentleness is a highly undervalued trait in our Western world. Many of us are rather good at appearing quite tough on the surface, kind of like a poached egg. Peel away that hard-boiled exterior, and you've got a gooey, scrumptious center, radiating pure love and light..."Sunny side up!" Peace, hope and unmitigated joy are what we impart to others when we're allowed to thrive and be at our best. Some of us are just a little more "hard boiled" than others because of hurts, hangups and the hand dealt to the INFP in a rigid society.

Our fellow INFP Kurt (I know, not female haha) was one such person... a sensitive, beautiful soul. Even though he ultimately couldn't feel content with his own life, it was that very same "softness" and emotionality that touched millions, if not billions of lives. His music still speaks to the kids of today. No, he wasn't a theoretical physicist, but I find that many everyday intellectuals are not always the highbrow academics or the brainiacs working in some highly technical field, but those who have high emotional intelligence and just the right mix of street smarts and philosophical intuition.

INFx folks are not robots, nor are we Stepford wives... deal. :alttongue:

Lol. Okay.

Whatever you say, miss~

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"and to remain soft"

I hate to be this person, but this right here is another thing.
The generalization that us INFPs are inherently 'soft.'

Fwiw, I've felt some version of this phenomena as a Te-dom. There are just as many patronizing beliefs regarding the emotional depth and maturity of someone with inferior feeling (which some go so far as to call "Baby Fi") as there are regarding the self-possession and reasoning ability of someone with inferior thinking.

On a typology site, the fact of the matter is that how you choose to identify type-wise can lead other people to make certain assumptions about your actions or motivations. It's sloppy thinking, but it is what it is. If you fall too far outside of their conception of your type, they'll simply label you as mistyped, rather than take the time to examine some of their own assumptions. Again, that points more to the quality of their judgement than your own self-knowledge.

All typology systems are are a model for better understanding your own patterns of behavior--not an indictment. MBTI has given me the language to describe potential areas for growth in myself, some inkling as to why I struggle in those areas, and some direction on how to address them. I don't expect any generic description (no matter how vetted or well thought out it is) to fully capture me.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fwiw, I've felt some version of this phenomena as a Te-dom. There are just as many patronizing beliefs regarding the emotional depth and maturity of someone with inferior feeling (which some go so far as to call "Baby Fi") as there are regarding the self-possession and reasoning ability of someone with inferior thinking.

On a typology site, the fact of the matter is that how you choose to identify type-wise can lead other people to make certain assumptions about your actions or motivations. It's sloppy thinking, but it is what it is. If you fall too far outside of what their conception of the type is they'll simply label you as mistyped. Again, that points more to the quality of their insight than your own self-knowledge.

All typology system are are a model for better understanding your own patterns of behavior--not an indictment. MBTI has given me the language to describe potential areas for growth in myself, some inkling as to why I struggle in those areas, and some direction on how to address them. I don't expect any generic description (no matter how vetted or well thought out it is) to fully capture me.

Agreed.

Thank you for your insight. :)

INTerran

This is one of the strongest reasons why I have had such a hard time with my type. I am not a strong "feeler" and many of the descriptions I just didn't relate to. I align more with the INTP as far as how I display my feelings and how I feel internally. But I know I am not T.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is one of the strongest reasons why I have had such a hard time with my type. I am not a strong "feeler" and many of the descriptions I just didn't relate to. I align more with the INTP as far as how I display my feelings and how I feel internally. But I know I am not T.

This is why the mbti community needs to realize that F is not exactly about being emotional even though the title 'feeler' is annoyingly misleading.
F means strong, private and INDEPENDENT values.

Many F's like me tend to be robotic and sometimes even hostile with first impressions because of this.
Anyone who says otherwise or think differently because they insist on relishing in stereotypes can just go ahead and be ignorant (and stupid.)

Mocha

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like the stereotype of INFPs being these dainty little flowers, either. Many INFPs I've met are very strong people, emotionally and physically.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
In my real life NO, I don't have people thinking any of what you mentioned about me. However online forums are so polluted with stereotypes I read it everywhere I go. This is what happens when people get burned by someone who they think is said type, so therefore everyone who types INFP are this way, or that way. I Ignore it and agree with the poster above. I often wonder if people who spread these stereotypes actually know someone in the real world of this type.

My brother is an INTJ, I wouldn't recognize his type by reading on forums . Hes actually peeked in on forums and laughs himself. There are sometimes similarities however often it doesn't describe him at all. My cousin is an INFJ, same, not a lot around forums would describe who she is in the real world. I use my common sense and let the good times roll. :newwink: