User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default ENFP Anti Weakness

Ok, I'm not sure what I'm asking here, so you can answer how you want.

Basically, I've noticed that I (female ENFP) get annoyed with guys (not so much girls) that are weak. Like, it almost embarasses me on their behalf. You know, I want them to be sensitive, but I don't want them to be too sensitive. I want them to be able to take care of themselves and not get all dependent and gushy at me.

I think it is "weakness" that bugs me, but I'm not sure.

For example, my guy friend (ISFP) calls me from the road on his way to visit me this weekend. It's like a 3 hour trip and he's been to my house before, but for whatever reason he got lost. He (almost fearfully) says to me, "Don't you have a map or something? I think you're going to need to mapquest this for me."

Now, I can't place my own emotion, but for some reason this rubs me the wrong way. I'm not annoyed that he's asking for help (because ordinarily I love helping people), but kind of! I'm annoyed, but I can't figure out why. It's a perfectly reasonable request, but I feel like, ok dude, what do you really want me to do here? Figure it out yourself. Don't be such a baby. Ugh.

Thoughts?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I have noticed that women want men to be "men," regardless of type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah, but why?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think some girls prefer weaker guys because they like to be the ones in control. Maybe some ENTJ girls are like this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Weaker guys are usually nicer guys, I find. But, I just get so annoyed with the weakness that it trumps how nice they are! To me, it seems to go along with why nice guys finish last. It's not just that they're nice, it's that they're weak!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Yeah, but why?
    Let me know when you find out, also the meaning of life.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure what I'm asking here, so you can answer how you want.

Basically, I've noticed that I (female ENFP) get annoyed with guys (not so much girls) that are weak. Like, it almost embarasses me on their behalf. You know, I want them to be sensitive, but I don't want them to be too sensitive. I want them to be able to take care of themselves and not get all dependent and gushy at me.

I think it is "weakness" that bugs me, but I'm not sure.

For example, my guy friend (ISFP) calls me from the road on his way to visit me this weekend. It's like a 3 hour trip and he's been to my house before, but for whatever reason he got lost. He (almost fearfully) says to me, "Don't you have a map or something? I think you're going to need to mapquest this for me."

Now, I can't place my own emotion, but for some reason this rubs me the wrong way. I'm not annoyed that he's asking for help (because ordinarily I love helping people), but kind of! I'm annoyed, but I can't figure out why. It's a perfectly reasonable request, but I feel like, ok dude, what do you really want me to do here? Figure it out yourself. Don't be such a baby. Ugh.

Thoughts?
    I have no clue why that rubbed you the wrong way... he needed directions. How is that weak? How the hell is he supposed to "figure it out" without a friggin' map? Is it that men aren't supposed to ask for directions? That's bull.

I understand you not wanting people to be dependent on you, or not self-sufficient... but the "embarassment on their behalf" is something I don't experience.

Concerning the "gushy" part... I LOVE men who are expressive. I love it and admire it. It shows a detachment from social norms that takes confidence and self-acceptance.

To sum it up, it sounds like (I'm not positive here) your reaction is a combination of your hatred for dependence and imprinting of what is and isn't acceptable for a man to do. The former is cool. The later isn't IMO.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I have no clue why that rubbed you the wrong way... he needed directions. How is that weak? How the hell is he supposed to "figure it out" without a friggin' map? Is it that men aren't supposed to ask for directions? That's bull.
    I think she was turned off by that fact the he she said he sounded like a bitch about being lost, not just the fact that he got lost and needed directions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Right?! I know! It was completely unreasonable for me to feel so invaded and irritated with giving him directions, but... I was. Maybe it was how he asked for it. I'm not sure.

Interesting though. Yeah, I think it's mostly the dependence factor. I only gave you a small glimpse of how he is, so my issue is probably more contextual than explained. Hm.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You're weird :p