User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Nobody see any merit in my theory earlier then?
    Or is it just something an NF wouldn't want to dwell on... the idea that every friendship they get into, they're keeping an eye on the door for when they get bored of it?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I came across this explanation of 'introverted ethics' (socionics equivalent of Fi) as a secondary function...

Perhaps, if Fi is subservient to Ne, then the need for this bond being situational is what leads ENFP's to this strong aversion to people being emotionally dependent on them. The ENFP needs to know that if they want/have to move on, this person can cope without them. To feel anchored as it were, would stifle Ne.
    That's probably what it is.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That's probably what it is.
    Thank you. I thought so

(PT would be proud of me, I'm sure - I did research and came back with facts!!)
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    (PT would be proud of me, I'm sure - I did research and came back with facts!!)
    I was impressed, too!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I was impressed, too!
    Wow!! I impressed an INTJ??

*faints*

(I can die happy now /not sarcastic, but maybe a tad exaggerated )

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Yeah, but why?
    Because we don't want another pussy, we already have one.

If a guy acts more girly and flitty than I do, it's a bigger turn off than almost anything save lack-of-hygiene.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    How could he use mapquest if he's in his car? And I don't think many guys would say "Oh my girlfriend is so weak!" if she called and asked for directions and was a little worried.
    It wasn't the directions. It's what we as women pick up when we see a guy all worried and falling to pieces over something as retarded as getting lost. If he handles it that way over small stuff.. we instantly think "If we were together, and we had a disaster, how would he be? What if I can't handle it myself? I need that support and it might not be there!!" .. It might be a silly way of thinking since I've felt that way about men I had no intentions of dating anyways, but the same is with friends. How can you rely on a friend that's suppose to be your support when they're actually a tower of marshmallows instead of rocks?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ThatGirl

I didn't read the whole thread, in regards to the op:

Would it have been as bad if he said, "I don't know how I got lost but I tried this and this and I seem to be here but I can't get back to there, any ideas?"

I have much of the same issue with men, but it is less that they need help, everybody needs help sometimes, than it is that I was their first idea.

What I mean by that is that men need to be capable of figuring things out. A guy who takes a dive and looks to you to find all the solutions for every little problem is unnattractive. If he has exausted all of his own solutions and still has no answer that's different.

While I admire a man who can solve problems efficiently, I don't want to be their strategy. It shows lazyness and dependance on other people.

MBTI
    INFP

Weakness is in the eye of the beholder. if my boyfriend got lost that way I would find it endearing.

I suppose that I like men who could be called "weak"=emotional/artsy types, but I don't see that as weakness. I almost never use the word weak if not towards some sociopathic types afraid of their emotions , who bully others, and can't deal with parts of life they don't understand. oh and whiners. but they are often the one and the same.

I like a mix of weak and strong in a man. I HATE HATE HATE the protective macho man who thinks he's always right and that he has to protect you. But I like some out-of-control testosterone in him as well. I like cuddly beasts, basically.

MBTI
    ENXP

OK, so I have read much of what was said. I have had some people call me weak, for not being able to find my own way through things. But here is my problem: I have two BS's (engineering and ecology) but still I can't find a job, let alone a career; I have done and continue to do social things and I still can't seem to make friends who want to do things with me; and despite being on a few other social websites I can't land a single date (I barely get anything). I really am a great guy by all accounts. But do to the total lack of successes I often feel like a failure and its that feeling that annoys people. Now, to me, I am not weak; for from it. I do all I can, but I still cant get anywhere in my life. That would be frustrating and also disillusioning for anyone.
    Do I qualify as weak to anyone? Or normal?