User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think males are a lot more likely to tolerate that behavior in females than vice versa.
    Yes.

And asking for directions to someone's place doesn't seem to me like something that would trigger the need to tell someone to man the *$^& up. I know men are generally better at finding their way around, but this is not on the order of asking for spoon-feeding.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think males are a lot more likely to tolerate that behavior in females than vice versa.
    maybe that's so, but i don't think the single case cited in the OP was an example of that... the person really was being super lame, I can't imagine many people thinking that wasn't lame without gender being in the equation.
    I mean I can imagine lots of people doing it any damn way to just shut him up, but I expect most people would reserve the right to think he should've/could've done it himself.

Asking for directions is one thing - but asking someone to mapquest something FOR YOU, thereby acknowledging that there's a free, easy and available resource that would enable YOU to get your OWN directions, but yet still somehow making out the other person has to do it for you... that's just LAME. Sorry. If he'd said "gimme your zip code" or street address or whatever, so he could find it himself - fine. But asking you to do it? Gah!!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    And asking for directions to someone's place doesn't seem to me like something that would trigger the need to tell someone to man the *$^& up. I know men are generally better at finding their way around, but this is not on the order of asking for spoon-feeding.
    Yeah, it's a pretty weak example of weakness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    maybe that's so, but i don't think the single case cited in the OP was an example of that... the person really was being super lame, I can't imagine many people thinking that wasn't lame without gender being in the equation.
    I mean I can imagine lots of people doing it any damn way to just shut him up, but I expect most people would reserve the right to think he should've/could've done it himself.

Asking for directions is one thing - but asking someone to mapquest something FOR YOU, thereby acknowledging that there's a free, easy and available resource that would enable YOU to get your OWN directions, but yet still somehow making out the other person has to do it for you... that's just LAME. Sorry. If he'd said "gimme your zip code" or street address or whatever, so he could find it himself - fine. But asking you to do it? Gah!!!
    How could he use mapquest if he's in his car? And I don't think many guys would say "Oh my girlfriend is so weak!" if she called and asked for directions and was a little worried.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well, I think it was, as previously said, more the WAY he said it. It was the fear and angst that turned me off. And as BlownAway wrote, I think it's because if anyone is going to be angsty, I want it to be me. A quality of weakness I hate in myself and hence hate more when I see it in others.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Well, I think it was, as previously said, more the WAY he said it. It was the fear and angst that turned me off. And as someone else wrote, I think it's because if anyone is going to be angsty, I want it to be me. A quality of weakness I hate in myself and hence hate more when I see it in others.
    Yeah, I can't imagine that trait drops many panties. Men, ask for help in a masterful way! Rawr!

MBTI
    ENTP

ah well, I didn't get the part about him being in the car. soz.

still, general principle applies in most cases, as i said... do your own legwork, dammit lol

The fear and angst in the voice triggering the contempt... yes, I can relate to that, definitely. But in me it doesn't depend on gender really at all.

Yeah if he'd said it like "okay you're gonna need to mapquest that for me" in a businesslike kinda way, like talking to his PA or something hahaha, I guess that'd come across less pathetic and more masterful... cunning!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

How could he use mapquest if he's in his car? And I don't think many guys would say "Oh my girlfriend is so weak!" if she called and asked for directions and was a little worried.
    Yeah, I downplayed tone. It wasn't just that he asked. I also sensed urgency and anxiety. Plus, I felt like he wanted me to take on his frustration of being lost... no, thank you.

Men, ask for help in a masterful way! Rawr!
    YES!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine that trait drops many panties. Men, ask for help in a masterful way!
    "Listen dumb hoe, get the fuck on mapquest now, if I stay lost for another second I will make you sleep in the middle of the road"

I know what I'm saying if I ever need directions from a girl.

MBTI
    intp

"Listen dumb hoe, get the fuck on mapquest now, if I stay lost for another second I will make you sleep in the middle of the road"

I know what I'm saying if I ever need directions from a girl.

masterful =/= disrespectful, something that's lost on the youth of today. Try the "sweetcheeks" approach described above.

Poor dudes.