• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Philosophy and type

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I gladly contradict myself and therefore do not in order to tell you that you're objectively insufferable.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Questioning is for the INFP. Wait, you are not INFP? I am confused.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I made it use Fe, I made it use Fe, I MADE IT USE FE!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
When you "force it so," it reeks of Anti-Philosophical tendencies.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
"Anti-philosophy is talking aloud about it: philosophy is dead!"

Surely you can appreciate the irony too.

We should talk about the last wordiness of contradiction.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"Flyyyy me to the mooon, and let me playyyy among the starrrrrs...."

Lizzy1813

MBTI Type
ENFP
Okay...I see that the argument has swerved a little from philosophy to kindergarten games...

First of all, the NT types are NOT the only ones who enjoy philosophy, I gobbled it up in high school!!!

And as to the ENFPs only being concerned with having fun...try explaning my 4.0 gpa then... :rolli:

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
My "philosophy" (LOL) is that ENFPs lack the objectivity necessary to analyze life for what it really is.

I don't think I used the word "philosophy" in place of the word "opinion," like your mocking remark would imply. I was using a sort of secondary definition of the term that I think fits fairly well: "a philosophical attitude, as one of composure and calm in the presence of troubles or annoyances."

But that's neither here nor there- would you please tell me what life really is?

I'm so disillusioned. Here I was, thinking I was capable of analyzing life, but now I see that I and the other 300,000,000 of my type lack this ability. Absurd.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think most N types would enjoy philosophy...INTP's are just the only ones stupid enough to pursue it as a career.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTx

Almost every INTx I know is interested in philosophy, if not obsessed with it.