User Tag List

First 6789 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've taken philosophy classes, because I thought we'd gonna spend time philosophizing. In the end we turned out to learn about what other people have been philosophizing about. Too bad, I prefer thinking myself and discuss it with others instead of learning about the thoughts of great thinkers.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    6w7

I ve spent a lot of time in philosophy programs. Grad and undergrad. Definitely a lot of intp/j s, but quite a few nfp s too. I rarely met entp s which is too bad cause they are really fun to think with.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I would guess philosophy would be dominated by Ti users, particularly Ti dominants.

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

I'm pretty sure philosophy has an appeal to many NF types. Perhaps different schools of thought would appeal more to certain types, though I'm sure it's not that straightforward. I would imagine INTPs being naturally attracted to Logic....INFPs to ethics... that's all heavy stereotyping of course.
    I did in my teens consider semiotics as something I might be interested in studying in depth (I experienced a jolt of enthusiasm after discovering Umberto Eco), or Phenomenology. I suppose as a rule of thumb the continental tradition appeals to me more. My 13 year old self was fond of Nietzsche, Sartre, Schopenhauer, Foucault...before I was swept away by the discovery buddhism and the Tao Te Ching and decidedly taking a more hands on approach to life. I think that for me philosophy was mainly a tool for private self reflection. I would imagine that philosophy would have an appeal for INFJs in general though. Especially those who are atheist and are less likely to be lured in by religious disciplines (though Zen buddhism seems to be fine by both).

A_priori

I love philosophy !!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Loliz View Post
    I ve spent a lot of time in philosophy programs. Grad and undergrad. Definitely a lot of intp/j s, but quite a few nfp s too. I rarely met entp s which is too bad cause they are really fun to think with.
    I think the reason for this is, having a mind thats insane 24/7 and has a hard time to tell reality from a bad drug trip, philosophy is the last thing you want.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A_priori

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think the reason for this is, having a mind thats insane 24/7 and has a hard time to tell reality from a bad drug trip, philosophy is the last thing you want.
    lol

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I love philosophy. It's the only thing I never get tired of or bored with. It's my major, and I wouldn't mind being a professor. I'd like to be a logic professor. I wouldn't mind being another kind, but I would feel more uncomfortable about having to answer students' questions in anything else.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Philosophy is the way if unlocking and unleashing the full potential of one's mind power!
    Attachment 8235

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i think Te approach generally is too superficial(/statistical) view on things to contemplate on philosophy, but when Fi is dominating Te, it can offer depth to analysis similar way as Ti can. i think N is very important aspect to it too, because philosophy requires thinking, not only what is(based on sensory input), but also about that is beneath of it all.

i would say that INFJ, ENFJ, ENTP, INTP, ENFP and INFP are the types most interested in philosophy in general, but naturally other types can find something to analyze in philosophic ways. i think INTJs would be more about "isnt it weird that this or that" and sort of wondering about things that are.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read