First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post

Herman Hesse's Siddhartha sums up my perspective perfectly. Can't be taught the way, in the end I find it on a river and cannot possibly relay the wonder of it all to any other.
    Same here.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENTP

Surprisingly, my INTP brother hardly ever finds his mind wandering down the path of philosophical adventures. I, however, I'm plagued by it as the majority of the conscious thought it put to philosophical questioning.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

posted by nonsequitur
    I would say mainly introverted intuitives. Extraverted intuitives tend to be less reflective and obsessed with the theoretical.
    However, when it comes to ENFPs, they might be more reflective and obsessed with the theoretical due to the -likely?- chance of them being the -most introverted- extrovert, if thats what this is being based on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

INTPs are made for philosophy. We are driven by Introverted Thinking (Ti). This is a highly useful function which uses logic purely to root out inconsistencies and contradictions, along with the structuring of an internal logical model throughout our whole lives. With our Extraverted Intuition (Ne), we can invent and imagine remarkably innovative possibilities, which means we can generate ideas from left-field which allow us to construct wonderful theories about the world.

Other than that, other types that might be philosophical include INTJs or ENTPs, as far as I know, although all INs tend to enjoy philosophical musing on some level.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

INTPs are made for philosophy! I majored in philosophy, and most the majors of that year were clear INTPs. Second place, INTJs. A smattering of ENTPs and ISTJs, all male. In fact, we had only two girls, myself and an ESFP. She brought the most interesting stuff to the table, simply because her stuff was different, and related in a different style. The profs adored her.

I love philosophy, and love isn't restricted to type. I do, however, find that type can inform what kinds of philosophy a student pursues. I avoid epistemology and metaphysics, since their distance from lived realities and human plights in general grates on me. I like the philosophy of religion and luuuuurvvveeeee ethics . Also, I love logic, but can't explain that at all. And I enjoy utilitarianism, but that's just dessert.

ReflecTcelfeR

I love Philosophy, the endless debate is just amazing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Concurring opinions on INTPs as philosophy-bots. I majored in political science, but took either philosophy or literature classes any time I had to fill some hours. I frequently do independent research on the topic. I'm in my final class of my undergraduate career right now: Ethics.

Also worth noting that me and my ENTP friend (who IS a philosophy major) generally wind up spending a few hours talking philosophy every time we meet. His ideas usually seem more optimistic than mine.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Their downfall would be that most of them are not naturally drawn to study large amounts of philosophy and would be content just changing themselves instead.
    lol so true

to be honest i'm so much of a believer in occam's razor and subjectivity that a lot of philosophy (and religion) seems way overly complicated to me. i like kantian ethics though, and spirituality.

now that i think about it that sounds very Ne / Fi

anyway i like theoretical physics better

ps the tao te ching is pretty sweet

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've always been fascinated with Philosophy. In fact when I took a class in college I was one of the few who actually cared. The only person I've ever met in real life who I could discuss philosophy with is my ENTP brother. Other than that I've never met anyone else who saw a point in discussing such things. Bummer for me.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

e5s, e9s, and sometimes e7. i know a lot of e4s into sociological theory, but it's more grounded in finding self-definition, personal truth, etc.