User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Sensors like physical work and walking around with a look of 'duh' on our faces, right?

I prefer a philosophy of ethics, of course my being a sensor, of course I have no idea or understanding what I'm talking about, right?

Really? REALLY?!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

I'm am have come to the conclusion that SP's primary philosophy is postmodernism. Because we are intuitive enough to appreciate and look into all sides of any discussion or opinions. I would never tell anyone I thought their opinion was stupid because I consider that rude. I don't function that way.

Alright. Tell how me stupid my rationality is. Bring it. Ok, I'll be waiting.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrannies View Post
    I'm am have come to the conclusion that SP's primary philosophy is postmodernism. Because we are intuitive enough to appreciate and look into all sides of any discussion or opinions. I would never tell anyone I thought their opinion was stupid because I consider that rude. I don't function that way.

Alright. Tell how me stupid my rationality is. Bring it. Ok, I'll be waiting.
    lol.. I think you beat yourself up more than anyone else here would want to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I also observed that INFPs and INFJs tend to be more interested in the spiritual/theological/ethics sides of philosophy. Which makes sense.
    There's another side? :confused: I've taken courses such as Philosophy & the Ethical Life, Philosophy of Being, Philosophy of Technology, etc. and I'm convinced that all of our philosophy can't help but to ultimately be about our own existence -- what it is, what it means, and what to do with it -- due to it necessarily being the product of us puny mortals incapable of ever truly escaping our own finite perspectives (though we might fondly imagine otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Why should great philosophy equal objective analysis? Metareflection is your friend.
    Well put!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think most N types would enjoy philosophy...INTP's are just the only ones stupid enough to pursue it as a career.
    I see... that makes sense. [strokes imaginary goatee] Apropos of nothing, I've decided to go into accounting.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

In high school I thought I wanted to be a lawyer at one point. My neighbor who was one was over one day and told me he had an undergraduate degree in philosophy. I quickly changed my mind about being a lawyer if I had to talk philosophy I wasn't going that route.

I had gotten the vibe that philosophy was beyond my ability. I couldn't pronounce philosopher's names either. The whole subject made me feel inadequate. At the time I felt like philosophers had some truth that I'd never be able to understand.

Of course now I know philosophy is a subject of conjecture rather than empiricism, but when young, I was ignorant.

MBTI
    STP

edit: grammar nazis beware

I like philosophy sometimes. I recently signed a card

Love, Me (a name is just a name, but only I am Me)
    I mean, isnt that philisophical?

Sniffles

Well your name does signify an important essence of who you.......ahhh fuck it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Hmm, I don't take too well to textbook philosophy. Or maybe its just media ethics.

I wrote an essay for my ethics class with the premise that the Philosophers are Stoned.

I got 22/25.
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Diogenes of Sinope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Im pretty shure this guy was a hardcore S.
    He litteraly DESPISED abstract theories and prefered concrete ones.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know about other INFJs, but philosophy is dear to me. I do not harp on terminology and structure of it, because I think that to perceive the purpose of life it would be impossible to put entirely into words... it goes beyond that, indescribable. So I admire and am influenced by what philosophers have said, for I have great respect for those who try to understand the universe and meaning, but I will always put the greatest emphasis on what I intuit as what's "the way."

Herman Hesse's Siddhartha sums up my perspective perfectly. Can't be taught the way, in the end I find it on a river and cannot possibly relay the wonder of it all to any other.