User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    INTx

Almost every INTx I know is interested in philosophy, if not obsessed with it.
    this reminds me of a person I disliked.hm...ok it's gone now.
    Philosophy is pretty interesting so far, I started my first classes. but I have a feeling I still don't understand it too much.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ENTP

It's obvious to me that it helps to at least be introverted to be philosophical. Extroverts are better at doing stuff than thinking about it.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy1813 View Post
    Okay...I see that the argument has swerved a little from philosophy to kindergarten games...
    Are you kidding me? This is the stuff of future philosophy textbooks.

For we are INTx.

()

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think it's an N thing. I know Ns of all type that are into philosophy. In fact, I'd say the INTJs I know are the least into philosophy of all the N types I know. I doubt this is a general trend, though.

MBTI
    ENFP

I study philosophy at uni, and I'd say that the majority of people studying it are introverts. My philosophy modules are the one's in which I am most conscious of people who stand out for their introversion, so I think it also contains a lot of polar introverts; people who are totally content by themselves and seem fairly introspective and caught up in their own thoughts a lot of the time. My class is also predominantly N's, which is to be expected I suppose. In terms of T/F, I'd say mostly T, but a few of us are F's. It's actually difficult in an academic context to determine T/F; I'm sure some people in my class would presume I was a T, I know in the past people have thought that when they've only seen me in discussions. As for J/P.. hmmm, probably mostly P's, although interestingly the J's we have are J squared.

I think INTP's are the type who would view philosophy most favourably; they're reflective, ideas orientated, and a P so prepared to engage with a variety of ideas. It's funny, although INTJ's definitely demonstrate some interest in philosophy, I see very few of them who love it; my younger (INTJ) brother told me he'd find my course infuriating, since so many of the ideas are just *wrong* (wry smile). I actually think a lot of the philosophy I study is totally illogical and nonsensical, and various philosophers contradict eachother etc. so of course you will be exposed to ideas in the discipline which you disagree with. I derive enjoyment from discussing ideas I think are rubbish though, whereas J types might be inclined to see it as a waste of time, or, in actual fact, irritating.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Are you kidding me? This is the stuff of future philosophy textbooks.

For we are INTx.

()
    Oh-h! My bad! I thought that the word important was implied in the philosophy question...

Then again, who am I, an NF, to say this isn't the greatest strand of thought since...EVER!

I just know how to feel a lot...

And I feel a little confused...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Here I am, little lambs. Let all the bells in whordeom ring. All the crooked bitches that she was. Mongers of pain. Who saw the moon. Become a fang. Your funeral, my trial.

[youtube=Ml7b8_tq4do]Crooked man[/youtube]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Philosophy? Who loves Sophie? Wha? I have no idea. No I don't like philosophy.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think that any person of any type with high intelligence can enjoy philosophy.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

philosophy major baby! and yes, it's an N thing. i have friends who are smart S's and though i can see them doing well in it, they probably won't like it.