User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Where in the world do you live happily as an NF?

I'm currently reading a book "Where in the world do I belong?" by Brent Massey. Anyone read it?

To be short the author has labelled different countries with a personalitytype. My country, Sweden, is apparently the strongest Sensing country (SJ) in the world! Well, I wasn't surprised..and that might explain why I, with my 100% N-score, feel quite misunderstood here.

The book points out Brazil, Ireland, Italy, Spain amonig others to be ENFP-cultures. Does anyone have any experiences? USA is said to be ESTJ, but since it's a huge continent with so many states it must differ widely between different areas? How's it where you people live?

Trying to find a country or area where there are more NF:s and NT:s ..but this book is probably a huge generalisation...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why would you want to live somewhere that you're just part of the crowd? Enjoy being unique and make your own mark! I think you could live happily as an NF anywhere.

Well, maybe not inside a bank. But any country for sure.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

You can live in Carrboro, NC happily as a liberal NF.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlownAway View Post
    I'm currently reading a book "Where in the world do I belong?" by Brent Massey. Anyone read it?

To be short the author has labelled different countries with a personalitytype. My country, Sweden, is apparently the strongest Sensing country (SJ) in the world! Well, I wasn't surprised..and that might explain why I, with my 100% N-score, feel quite misunderstood here.

The book points out Brazil, Ireland, Italy, Spain amonig others to be ENFP-cultures. Does anyone have any experiences? USA is said to be ESTJ, but since it's a huge continent with so many states it must differ widely between different areas? How's it where you people live?

Trying to find a country or area where there are more NF:s and NT:s ..but this book is probably a huge generalisation...
    Just FYI he based the book on people he could find in Hawaii for the most part...
    edcoaching

I think that many places around the equator are good places for NFs.

MBTI
    XNXP

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...onality-2.html

Post 13 has a link I plan to explore further.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INFJ

Brazil seems to be very SP to me. Rio, perfect beach bodies, Carnival, samba, night life?

I agree, people of all types are everywhere. What about starting a FaceBook account or other social group for Swedish ENFPs? Network, baby.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Why would you want to live somewhere that you're just part of the crowd? Enjoy being unique and make your own mark! I think you could live happily as an NF anywhere.

Well, maybe not inside a bank. But any country for sure.
    Hehe, I guess you live somewhere where you're not controlled by the big "JANTELAW"? For those of you not familiar with it, it says "You shall not think that you are someone or mean something". Sweden is ruled by that invisible law.. So being unique here is a lonely, lonely job and noone wants to do it . Sorry for the negativity, but you're all welcome to visit and see for yourselves! Hmm...I'm obviously not very patriotic

But yes, guess I shouldn't believe this book too much since it doesn't really capture reality..

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...onality-2.html

Post 13 has a link I plan to explore further.
    Thanks for the tip . Don't mean to be rude against Scandinavia (saw your dad was from up here?), it has a few great things to offer too!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think that many places around the equator are good places for NFs.
    Eh, too many tropical storms.

I'm doing alright in Calgary, AB; I'd probably be happier further up into the mountains though. Canmore, Banff, and Lake Louise come to my mind.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]