• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Where in the world do you live happily as an NF?

BlownAway

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm currently reading a book "Where in the world do I belong?" by Brent Massey. Anyone read it?

To be short the author has labelled different countries with a personalitytype. My country, Sweden, is apparently the strongest Sensing country (SJ) in the world! Well, I wasn't surprised..and that might explain why I, with my 100% N-score, feel quite misunderstood here.

The book points out Brazil, Ireland, Italy, Spain amonig others to be ENFP-cultures. Does anyone have any experiences? USA is said to be ESTJ, but since it's a huge continent with so many states it must differ widely between different areas? How's it where you people live?

Trying to find a country or area where there are more NF:s and NT:s :)..but this book is probably a huge generalisation...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why would you want to live somewhere that you're just part of the crowd? Enjoy being unique and make your own mark! :) I think you could live happily as an NF anywhere.

Well, maybe not inside a bank. But any country for sure.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
You can live in Carrboro, NC happily as a liberal NF. ;)

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm currently reading a book "Where in the world do I belong?" by Brent Massey. Anyone read it?

To be short the author has labelled different countries with a personalitytype. My country, Sweden, is apparently the strongest Sensing country (SJ) in the world! Well, I wasn't surprised..and that might explain why I, with my 100% N-score, feel quite misunderstood here.

The book points out Brazil, Ireland, Italy, Spain amonig others to be ENFP-cultures. Does anyone have any experiences? USA is said to be ESTJ, but since it's a huge continent with so many states it must differ widely between different areas? How's it where you people live?

Trying to find a country or area where there are more NF:s and NT:s :)..but this book is probably a huge generalisation...

Just FYI he based the book on people he could find in Hawaii for the most part...

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Brazil seems to be very SP to me. Rio, perfect beach bodies, Carnival, samba, night life?

I agree, people of all types are everywhere. What about starting a FaceBook account or other social group for Swedish ENFPs? Network, baby.

BlownAway

MBTI Type
ENFP
Why would you want to live somewhere that you're just part of the crowd? Enjoy being unique and make your own mark! :) I think you could live happily as an NF anywhere.

Well, maybe not inside a bank. But any country for sure.

Hehe, I guess you live somewhere where you're not controlled by the big "JANTELAW"? For those of you not familiar with it, it says "You shall not think that you are someone or mean something". Sweden is ruled by that invisible law.. So being unique here is a lonely, lonely job and noone wants to do it ;). Sorry for the negativity, but you're all welcome to visit and see for yourselves! Hmm...I'm obviously not very patriotic ;)

But yes, guess I shouldn't believe this book too much since it doesn't really capture reality..

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that many places around the equator are good places for NFs.

Eh, too many tropical storms.

I'm doing alright in Calgary, AB; I'd probably be happier further up into the mountains though. Canmore, Banff, and Lake Louise come to my mind.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think that many places around the equator are good places for NFs.

Too hot. Not enough seasons. Sun's too bright. Though visiting such areas would be pleasant from time to time.

Georgia's all right for the moment. Would prefer to try some place a little cooler, a little snowier in the winter, and a little more bearable in the summer (like maybe not getting up to 100 degrees with 50+% humidity).

Lizzy1813

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm in East TX and--except for the humidity with the heat that tends to bake you in your own sweat during the July-August months--it's a pretty good place to be!! There seems to be a lot of ESFPs here, and for the most part, that's fine. Me and my INFP friend just go and have our NF discussions when we're one-on-one. ;)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
im happy where ever my life brings me.

also, certain countries do not have more or less of a type. certain types are more accepted though.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I live in a place I call: "Boonieville." I must admit, where I live, it's highly predominantly ESTJ/ISTJ.

Yes, it's in the States/Yes, unfortunately, you've probably seen 3 reality TV shows based on it. I will not mention, since I do not affiliate myself with such portrayal. =)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
it would be nice to see like minded people around. i imagine that i'll have fun in a place like spain. being different is also nice though when you're an NF.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
NF (also very NT friendly) Places: San Fransisco, Burlington VT, Portland, any trendy yuppie part of NYC like the Village...

BlownAway

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, I guess all types are everywhere.. There are differences between countries though. Last year I went to Argentina where all people I met were strong Extroverts, liking "hot-blooded" women ;) and didn't plan too much..I guess lots of ExxP:s! Anyone who lives in Argentina?

A month ago I went to Japan, which seemed like a strong IxFJ-culture. Never met so much humble people ever! Very shy though..could be a languagebarrier of course.

But do you think there are certain environments with more intuitives then? Where can you find them :)?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm making guesses here -

Colleges
Art galleries
Greenhouses
Fabric shops
Arboretums
Libraries
Theaters for the arts
Cultural festivals
Animal shelters
Zoos (Heh)

Those are a few places I go when I want comfortable peope around me.