User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

The problem is that intuition is knowing something is real that has not actually manifested. That makes it hard for other people to respect our process. But the more we're told we're illogical or demented, the more we're crippled and held back from doing what we do best.

My intuition doesn't let me down until I start second guessing it or sitting around waiting for proof (by which time I've lost my decision window).

MBTI
    INFJ

I never simply trust my intuition. I don't want to look stupid in front of others, so I like to have hard evidence handy for my defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think this goes for all intuitives, but I think that when you intuit something then there is always something nagging at you to verify whether it's true.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ

I get these vibes about manipulative and opportunistic people and would write it down in my journal, with what I could foresee as the next development. I tell myself - maybe just maybe I am wrong and let's give the benefit of the doubt and in any case, having written it down, I can always go back and check my first impressions. I've been burned before trying to explain to some sensors my intuitions. Perhaps you see things I don't, is how they tactfully say it. And often times, when I have told them, 'see I told you so' in a roundabout way or directly, they had conveniently forgotten or 'oh yea, they had seen it coming'. At this point, I want to puke at the dishonesty. So I don't bother trying to explain anymore. I keep it all to myself.

MBTI
    INxJ

In recent years, I've been more interested in learning the facts to back up my intuition. But I still make my assumptions and judgments based on my intuition about people and situations, but I daren't share them with people until concrete information shows.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

There's always the mind probe..
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think this goes for all intuitives, but I think that when you intuit something then there is always something nagging at you to verify whether it's true.
    It's probably a bit different for INFJ's. Ni gives the you sense that "you just know" and it is usually right so some INFJ's fall into the trap of just trusting their Ni w/o any thought to verify it.

MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4 w5

I trust my intuition a great deal. However, I'm so cautious with acting on them if it involves another person, that I always question myself in those cases. I look at other evidence to see if its supported in other ways. I usually play "devil's advocate" with myself on most things. Plus and this is a big thing...It just comes off weird to people and I enjoy making people feel good so I hold back if theyre the kind of person that may not understand my reactions or what I share with them. However, if the situation does not directly involve another person, I usually just go with my intuition and do not put a whole lot of thought into my reaction or decision.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

For a long time I had a very skewed intuition. Emotional problems and a crappy upbringing rendered me just short of paranoid, and that made everything in my world relate to what secrets people were keeping from me, what were they hiding, why did they hate me so much?

Yeah, I was messed up. When I realized what was going on in my head, I started tempering a lot of what my N was saying with logic. "If X really disliked me, why did they Y and Z?" And if I needed an outside source, a more objective view, then I would talk to people. It took me years to re-train my N. YEARS.

These days I still seek verification on occasion, especially on "big stuff." I find my N function working just fine otherwise, and I've come to rely on it again. It's actually managed to surprise me a couple times.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I trust nothing blindly. Actually... I can't say I have 100% faith in anything necessarily.. there's always that margin for human error. I am certainly not exempt...

I can't recall a time where I've been compelled to pass a judgement on a situation/how to handle it, etc., based solely on intuition where I've come up incorrect. However, I'm still not comfortable relying on one means of receiving data and just going with that. Even when I feel strongly about it, I check and re-check things often, and search for other forms of data, more concrete if need be. I get flustered when I share an intuitive judgement I feel strongly about out loud, and concrete info is requested immediately to back it up. Thus, I prefer to be prepared. Gives me a sense of balance, I suppose..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.