User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

wow really? this is interesting stuff as this seems quite impulsive. i do have a friend who's an INFJ and she like's things structured (no crap right?). it doesn't sound like her to just throw herself at something like that. guess that's a side i don't know. would INFP's do similar things? does the J want to get things moving in terms of relationship milestones?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This is likely a difference between the INFJ and INFP.
    It takes a long time before I fall in love with someone.
    I have had a few crushes here and there.
    I recognize it for what it really is: sexual attraction, that is it.
    I may hook up with a crush at a bar or something and possibly engage in a one-night stand but if we have nothing in common, why the hell would I want to actually date her?

The XXFJs I know are often way too confident in their prospects with their crushes. (To be fair.. I know more XSFJs like this but I just know more XSFJs in general but some of the SFJs probably would test as iNtuitve- they just aren't iNtuitive.)
    They often gain a crush on someone, talk about that person incessantly, and then think- Oh I think that person likes me!!!!! EEEE!!! HE SAID HI TO ME AND MADE A JOKE WHICH I THOUGHT WAS FUNNY-EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    I'm like: Ask him out if you're so damn confident!
    Most of them never go that far.. those with Fe (dominant or auxiliary) I think have the tendency to project their own feelings onto others.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    People are people so any type is capable of "falling in love fast". If the chemistry is there, it can happen.
    Mmmm, possibly capable of, but I think maybe some types aren't very likely to.

I can't speak for INTPs in general, but I will say that I don't. It would take me a while to get to that. As with most things, I always feel like there's so much I don't know, and it's hard to fall in love with a void. I think INFJs (and Js in general) are more likely to fill in a void with best guesses, whereas a P is more likely to leave something as a void until they're convinced it can be accurately filled. Pros and cons to both, of course.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Mmmm, possibly capable of, but I think maybe some types aren't very likely to.

I can't speak for INTPs in general, but I will say that I don't. It would take me a while to get to that. As with most things, I always feel like there's so much I don't know, and it's hard to fall in love with a void. I think INFJs (and Js in general) are more likely to fill in a void with best guesses, whereas a P is more likely to leave something as a void until they're convinced it can be accurately filled. Pros and cons to both, of course.
    I'm not so sure that it was a best guess. I'd nuance it that I knew what I was looking for--my dating pattern was to only go out a few times with someone and then end it if there was no point in being serious whereas my friends of many, many types seemed to want to have a boyfriend at all times so they always had someone to go to dances, etc. with. So it was easy to know when "Mr. Right"came along.

That said, an INFJ could of course have the wrong image in mind and make a mistake just like any other type...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    I think INFJs (and Js in general) are more likely to fill in a void with best guesses, whereas a P is more likely to leave something as a void until they're convinced it can be accurately filled. Pros and cons to both, of course.

INFJs know more about the person faster (intuition). I think INFJs' strongest trait is being intuitive with people. It's not filling in any voids with guesses imo.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I fall for others hard, but certainly not fast, infact it takes months.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

crush easily and always. jeff tweedy wrote a song about it called i'm always in love (why i wonder is my heart full of holes, and the feeling goes but my hair keeps growing)

definitely understand the relationship of comfort thing- i can never bring myself to do it, but i want to SOOOOO BADLY.

i imagine i am torn too bc i feel like if my Ni ever KNOWS knows, it's over, and i need more experience and to be healthier and more expansive than i am now, especially in regards to sexuality and gender, than i am now, to feel at all complete and satisfied in my expression of that aspect of myself (thinking anima/animus).

nonetheless, while i've deeply loved different people (or so i think), i've never been in love. i've never had my Ni just KNOW. and it will at some point, unless i use all of the Ti i have to prevent it from happening (or just stay a hermit like i've been too much of my life). the more Ti i use, the more i feel like an intp. maybe i should read about intp in relationships, altho those don't seem to have the same religious fervor lingering in the background.