User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I crush easily, but I don't think I've ever been in love.

I also would never enter any old relationship just for closeness. I have to feel that the person is special and that being with them is worth my time.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

"Loving

For INFJs, 'still waters run deep.' They tend to become attracted to someone special and prefer this one deep relationship over many superficial ones. The depth of involvement and feeling that the INFJ has toward loved ones is only partially communicated outward. At times, when alone, INFJs become truly in touch with the depth of the love they have for their partner. They may not openly demonstrate or even verbalize their intense feelings. INFJs often have an ideal standard of what love is. They hold to their ideal and are disappointed when, inevitably, their relationship and/or mate reveals flaws. INFJs enjoy sharing activities like a regular 'date,' revisiting the place where they first met their mates, or doing other symbolic things that help to continue and confirm the existence of the bond that they feel for their partner.

INFJs want to give love and to be loved. They enter into relationships just to be cared for, even when the person is not right for them and they suspect it. However, when they meet that special person, they are quick to get into the relationship and make it a serious one. They will end their other relationships in order to pursue their loved one. They become very focused, intense, and direct in that pursuit.

INFJs, when scorned, take it personally and retreat inward. They may obsess about the relationship and their role in its failure. One INFJ explained, 'people can do the most outrageous things, yet I blame myself for triggering their behaviour or not recognizing it. I see myself as responsible for relationships. Other people can dismiss them --- I'm not able to.' INFJs may blame themselves and experience a period of mourning. If they do not marshall their resources, externalized their feelings, and take risks to move on, they may experience a long periods of self-examination."

Oh my freaking gosh this is freakily right on target with me,lol. There was so much that fit me to a T that I had to put in bold that which did not fit me,lol.
    I am the type of person who can be alone but not be lonely - so I don't have to be with someone just be with someone- if that makes sense. To be with someone just to be cared for while knowing it is isn't right would be just a waste of time for both parties in my opinion. I am very verbal and poor my heart out about my feelings- I say it- write it- sing it-profess to the whole world- you name it.

Every single thing not in bold is exactly me- I mean everything. I cannot even begin to comment the way I want to because there is so much that I feel overwhelmed to even try. Thank you sanveane for posting this description.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFJ

I easily get all kinds of crushes. My intuition plays a big role as I tend to get interested in people others wouldn't even look twice. It's as if I see into people's personality whereas others only see their outer shell. Of course looks matter to me too, but it's not that important. Personality is.

I never enter into relationships just to be cared for. That description doesn't quite fit me. However, I'm quite sure I would be a happier human being if I did.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

The only man I've ever loved is the man I married so maybe there's something to the OP.

edit: as in no "INFJ's" don't fall in love fast. The idea that feelers are emotional train wrecks is ridiculous.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Entering a relationship just to be cared for goes against my values in a major way and I also think it's stupid. If I can't have a very satisfying relationship, I'd rather be free to pursue my other interests and not be burdened with having to think about someone else and their feelings. I'm happier in a good relationship than I would be alone, but I can make my own happiness, thank you.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP

INFJs are freaks. when i mean freaks, not freaks in bed. but they got this massive cruxification of jesus kind of romance deal. its kind of like if you get involved with an infj you must be able to withstand them impaling themselves on a cross while marching with you bleeding out in agony kind of cruxification.

tiny tim that ukelule player was an infj, even his face and mannerisms was infj. on the outside he seemed like a weird hippie kind of person. but on the inside he was religiously serious, had a strong ethic on what a relationship between a man and woman should be, etc. very surprising to find out that he was one damn conservative traditional person despite his appearance.

as much as you are freaky with your emotions and it is incredibly outpouring you do not want someone who you may be your friend/lover to perceive you as this "freak" that I mention. This is why ESTJ would be your dual as the ESTJ will direct you to the right course of action (keep in mind that ESTJs while not practical nor realistic they got a big ass mouth on what is right or wrong)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    INFJs are freaks. when i mean freaks, not freaks in bed. but they got this massive cruxification of jesus kind of romance deal. its kind of like if you get involved with an infj you must be able to withstand them impaling themselves on a cross while marching with you bleeding out in agony kind of cruxification.

tiny tim that ukelule player was an infj, even his face and mannerisms was infj. on the outside he seemed like a weird hippie kind of person. but on the inside he was religiously serious, had a strong ethic on what a relationship between a man and woman should be, etc. very surprising to find out that he was one damn conservative traditional person despite his appearance.

as much as you are freaky with your emotions and it is incredibly outpouring you do not want someone who you may be your friend/lover to perceive you as this "freak" that I mention. This is why ESTJ would be your dual as the ESTJ will direct you to the right course of action (keep in mind that ESTJs while not practical nor realistic they got a big ass mouth on what is right or wrong)
    all this coming from an ENFP. Seriously though your analysis of the INFJ is illogical. You do realize MBTI is an indicator right? and Tiny Tim? wtf?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    INFJs are freaks.
    Mmm'kay, but only if I get to be the "Wild Woman of Borneo Who Gets Stabbed and Then Bleeds on Everybody Saying 'Woa-ez me, oh woa-ez me' " in the freak show! Ooh, the subtitle at the bottom of the poster could be, "Horrifyingly Dangerous and Stain-Inducing!"

Really though, what/who are you using to form this opinion? Because from the first sentence, I couldn't take you seriously. I understand the potential for martyrdom, but I fail to see how that makes one a "freak." Care to explain further?
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    I easily get all kinds of crushes. My intuition plays a big role as I tend to get interested in people others wouldn't even look twice. It's as if I see into people's personality whereas others only see their outer shell. Of course looks matter to me too, but it's not that important. Personality is.
    Me too. Exactly. Especially the part about people other wouldn't look at a second time.

MBTI
    INxJ

I don't know about love, but general romantic feelings sure. I know an INFJ that moved in with a woman only after a month of knowing her and another time where she dated someone for only a month and already started making married couple statements of endearment.

She throws herself in until she finds faults in the other person.