• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What personality pitfall about yourself bothers you most, and why?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I can be lazy if not OVER stimulated.
ie: it's difficult for me to keep myself to a schedule if not surrounded by people and new information all the time.

When I am 'over stimulated' I become some sort of a work-machine able to do 18 hours days and sleep 4 hours a night. Which is a state i rather enjoy, actually.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Inconsistency and mercurial moods making a mockery of the notion that one has a controlled choice.

I tend to think of it as a mental picture: Everyone has their tides of emotion, and with that tide they build their sea barrier to stop any severe flooding. But I believe that people have inherently different sizes of sea barrier which means some become flooded much easier than others.

Everyone has roughly the same ability to develop control and self-influence/mindfulness. But they don't have equal flood levels. Thus the ones with the high barriers don't understand the plight of the ones with the low barriers and this turns into a battle of "I can do it, why can't they?" On the flip side the low barriers resent the high barriers as they feel their impulsiveness and lack of clarity in thought and action as a hindrance, which it often is. Although it does give them an easier ability to relate on a tidal basis, it creates a general disadvantage in most other avenues.

The inability to easily control moods, which in turn strongly influences behaviour towards more extreme outlets, restricts the potential of those with a lower barrier status. After all, how can one work hard towards a goal (or skill investment) if the goal is being defined by a shifting plane of floods?

It is an extant threat to focus and deliberation. All one can do is constantly strive with the cards dealt, and learn how to build better barriers. It just takes much more effort for some to do so.

Fairness is meaningless in nature of course, this is just an idea/theory/explanation...whatever. Maybe it's just an excuse.

PS: This is not to be confused with T & F in MBTI.

KIttyGirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp
My biggest flaw at present is when I'll make a mistake, and overblow it in my own mind, catastrophizing the possible results in my anxiety. I mean, I KNOW I'm being irrational. But (possibly because I've lost jobs for stupid reasons before) I can't seem to let go of agonizing over imperfections on the job or conflicts in relationships. Thank goodness I've lived long enough to know I'm just being silly and that it's going to all work out one way or another, that 1. it probably is something incredibly insignificant that only I care about and 2. even if the other person does care, life goes on and this too shall pass.

Rebeka

MBTI Type
ENFP
becoming scattered or losing my motivation and leaving things undone.... that just takes the worst in me.. i struggle a lot for that not to happen though :D

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can be lazy if not OVER stimulated.
ie: it's difficult for me to keep myself to a schedule if not surrounded by people and new information all the time.

When I am 'over stimulated' I become some sort of a work-machine able to do 18 hours days and sleep 4 hours a night. Which is a state i rather enjoy, actually.

Right? I'd rather be mentally stimulated and active for days than being on the computer looking for things to do.

BTW I love your ''theory is always superseded by fact... in theory'' quote. Did you create it?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My worst flaw is that I'm lazier than I'd like to be. There's so much that I could accomplish if I would just work harder.

My second worst flaw is that I conceal too much of myself. I do it because I feel that I'll be rejected or unappreciated if I open up a bit more.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
It is as if I was borned into a world where I can accomplish not a single thing without even basic acknowledgement of who I am, but to live in somebody else's ideal. I don't, still, in the present, that any real human care about me shit. When I did get it, the price is so enomonous that I had never thought it was that big. Not only I feel like an alien, I feel totally dumped, and ignored. Nobody likes truth in here anyways. Only spirits do like them and nobody else otherwise, and I am lucky that at least there are.

The price I paid was, that the more capable I am in my mundane matters, the more I lost trust to any visible human being. Sometimes I even want to set a fire here and get anyone to crisp. In imagination. I don't even know why idlers need to exist and they are far more sucessful than I am. Losers... seem to win more money and more jobs than we do. Any dogs, cats, animals other than human being are way better than humans. I imagine that somehow a lot of them don't even have the basic instinct of what should be accomplish in so call, "life". While this is their problem, they even attempt to screw other people up too.

I am done. I do hope we can live a much better life than now, and not needing to carry this shitty burden of being "capable" on what others called "their utmost fear".

ThePoetess

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1. My coping mechanism that works the best is expressing what I'm feeling/going through to friends. Everything is all jumbled in my head until I express it out loud, then I know what is happening and how to deal with it and feel much better. After I say it to someone I can let it go. I feel like this makes me seem very negative, complain-y, and vent-y to my friends and that that negative energy I get rid of might transfer to them.

2. I'm overly socially awkward and it kills me. Haha

3. If overstimulated in any way I lose the ability to function properly. My brain just spazes out and I am not myself.

4. It takes me forever to process things and think of what I truly want to say, especially when there is too much clouding my environment. Example: at dinner with a friend and we go over a topic, 4 topics later I go to the restroom and as soon as a get to a smaller quieter room than the one I was in I process everything in all those topics immediately and think of what I truly wanted to add to the first topic, but it is too late because we've long moved on from it. Almost everytime I hang out with my close friends I send at least one of them a massive text explaining/apologizing for everything I said and did because most of it wasn't how I meant it to be and saying everything I wish I had said in each topic. :'D It a wonder they put up with it.

Last edited:

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I am crazy as fuck. I tend to overdo something. Like overdo it. I love the feeling of overdoing something

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I wish I understood how to be organized, I doodle in my day planners, I make cartoons or segments of world building rather than taking notes. I keep finding my keys in the freezer... Little things...I wish I could bring myself to care about but--ugh.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My laziness, it has kept me from doing a lot of things.
I also wish it was easier to make friends and keep them. I have to feel super comfortable with someone (a rarity) to accept them in my life and I'm too quick to distance myself from relationships if I get disappointed or hurt.
I'm ruled by how I feel. I wish I could be a bit more logical and not be so controlled by my emotions everyday.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My lack of organsization in life. I am not one who wants to use Te in other words preferring to have my own "organized" chaos so to speak (Ti) which means to outsiders i may appear messy and without order but inside my mind is a very orderly logical system that I work well with best. I also can be quite negetful of outer details which leads to me leaving things around (If I was tasked with looking after a jar of smallpox i probably would kill the world by leaving it on the seat with me as i am that spacey and forgetful plus like Jack said i often place things and they turn up in the oddest places.