First 789

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Most of the INFPs I've known had a comfortable distaste with humanity in general*, though they still don't want to see people harmed. It's the internal sense of, to pick one word, "justice" which rules the INFP (versus the internal sense of logic which rules the INTP).

*may be why we got along.
    More like an aversion for human nature not human beings.
    Because we think everyone is innately good, their actions don't define them.
    It's analogous to someone saying something is stupid without the person actually being stupid.

...At least that's the way I see it

Quote Originally Posted by dorareever View Post
    I've been called insensitive by some Fe types because my empathy is all embracing, and, yes, impersonal. I also suppose that the cartoon description of types is always unfair to them, and maybe with INFP's this happens even more often since we tend to, uhm, confuse people.
    Yes. Me too.
    I had an INFJ friend tell me once that "something was wrong with me" because I didn't believe in capital punishment. To further persuade me, she gave the classic "what if the murderer killed your family?" example, and I told her that although I would be completely distraught and lost without my family I'd find the strength to forgive that person and believe in my heart that the crime in itself was punishment enough. She still didn't really get it.

But that said it's mostly a matter of semantics; I think that we are indeed prone to smooth things out, but not in a let's all agree and wub each other Fe kind of way,more as in always provide the balance when the balance is off. Sometimes this requires stirring things up. We love conflict sometimes, because it can restore harmony.
    We strive for peace and will do anything to acheive it. Even if that means protesting, rebelling, being argumentative, etc. to get our point across.
    I like the way you describe our role as the one who establishes and maintains balance. That's better than our portraying the thin-skinned peacemaker stereotype.

MBTI
    INFP

Think of every internal self that someone could be and that is the cast of an INFP.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If Fi is about personal authenticity, then it would suggest that Fi-dominants would be the least given to categorization and labels.

I also continually get confused by discussions comparing INFJ and INFP because almost everything said here about universal empathy I have heard applied to the INFJ. The discussions tend to address certain topics, but swap out the J and P to a point I've never been able to understand.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP

J's try to make the universal empathy, while P's try to live it out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I always thought that INFPs were supposed to be smart.
    For a moment, I felt ashamed of being smart, because it made me trite. Just for a moment.

Then I felt ashamed of needing to feel unique, because it made me trite. There wasn't any getting out of that loop.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so