User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    hm..sometimes i wonder why we INFPs seem to admire our T counterparts more than they do us (initially)
    Arrogance. "Illogical bastards. Pshaw." It's natural, I think. I honestly have no idea why you guys like us so much. Shouldn't you tend to look down on us as cold and heartless?

I actually admire you guys a lot, and more Ts should too. After all, you have such great understanding of your emotions, and I tend to be clueless about mine. Plus, INFxs have a degree of control over their emotions (often) that blows my mind. And don't all Ts want control over their emotions?

..really, why can't an INFP be "smart"? we are introspective, sensitive to details, and we have the added ability to empathize (when we are focused externally enough not to be caught in our own emotions, of course!).
    The one INFP I know is very smart. She's quite an intellectual. Based on what I've read about INFPs, she isn't that "typical" either... probably because she wears her SJ suit every day (she's a high school Government teacher).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

The one INFP I know is very smart. She's quite an intellectual. Based on what I've read about INFPs, she isn't that "typical" either... probably because she wears her SJ suit every day (she's a high school Government teacher).
    . i think there's a fair number of INFPs masquerading as other types out there..

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I always thought that INFPs were supposed to be smart.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

. i think there's a fair number of INFPs masquerading as other types out there..
    This is proof of how little I know about you guys. Pardon me.

EDIT: I think, when I was posting the previous message, I was thinking that INFP stereotypes (the ones I've heard on this thread, anyway) don't bear much resemblance to SJ stereotypes. Of course, I'm not sure if I like the word "typical" in this context. I mean, in all seriousness, a truly atypical INFP would be one that actively seeks out conflict, and ENJOYS it. Besides that, there's a lot of wiggle room, right? You know, borderline N, etc?
    Eh... I dunno. I'm kind of digging my own hole here. No more editing for me!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    there's a lot of wiggle room, right?
    but of course

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Is it not the wish of infp's to actively pause for a bit of a disclaimer when it comes to general characteristics, ever the perpetual seekers no?
    The certainty being uncertain in the preclusion of deviation from the sense that can pigeon hole the state of what it is like to exist.

So yeah, you will find a cross platform of differentiation, isn't that with each personality. The stronger Fi the more overstated expression in personality style I would of thought but then that is for all functions.

When congregated together the Fi, Ti or whatever screams plutonium oxide or something, lots of heat for lots of fluff n logic sacred cows.

Yes similarities are there yet we are all individual, the background, history, culture, experience make each person their own, self seeking answers and commonality to make sense and belong.

Its common to want to disassociate from the general picture of description because there is discrepancy, as sweet as it is its a fuzz bucket that can explain general components rather the the entire dimension.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

..my concern is not to fit in with or deviate purposefully from any description, but to understand others' perceptions.. perpetually seeking..

brainheart

Synapse:

The certainty being uncertain in the preclusion of deviation from the sense that can pigeon hole the state of what it is like to exist.

I am trying to wrap my brain around this sentence. The only conclusion I can come to is that you are determined to include your avatar in each post. Example: "I am trying to extricate myself from this decadent lifestyle, but I just can't shake the monkey off my back."

No disrespect meant or anything, but do you always write in non sequiturs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

hm..sometimes i wonder why we INFPs seem to admire our T counterparts more than they do us (initially)
    Pfft....INTP guys always want to date me & I keep rejecting them .
    Seriously though, they usually regard me as intelligent, but ultimately, they think no one is as smart as they are :rolli: .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

hm..sometimes i wonder why we INFPs seem to admire our T counterparts more than they do us (initially).. sometimes i regret letting too much of my NF side out when i interact with NTs because i worry they're going to dismiss me as some hyperemotional (read: probably inferior) creature that may as well be an alien. i guess there are plenty of melodramatic NFs, but there are plenty of atypical examples as well.. (hello, thread topic)...

it seems it takes a very logistical, "T-developed" F to sort of break the ice in many cases..
    My T is very developed, so I get on well with Ts. When people are getting to know me, they see me as intellectual. As they get to know me though, they find my heart and emotions rule my drives and decisions. There is a lot of passion in feeling, and that's something they always bring up: how they wish they could see things as I do and have the passion I do for what I am after.

I love INTPs, and wish I could meet an INTP with a developed Fe. They do have intense emotions, but I find they don't trust them and will not make decisions based on how they feel about anything. They seem to have an absolute need to be able to understand and explain everything in a logical sense.

I think NTs can run into serious problems when they need to make a decision that cannot be made on logic alone, such as what constitutes art, or matters of the heart. It's like they hit a wall or get stuck in a loop and can't move forward, often shutting down or lashing out in frustration so that they can just move on.

Intelligence only gets you so far...