User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infp

I like MBTIc because it isn't biased. An INFP forum or an INTJ forum will result in all the members doing there best to be as INFP or INTJ as possible, and the impression you get of people is skewed. It's good here because not everyone even beleives in MBTI in the first place.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

As I read more on the types I become more and more skeptical. A lot of things I can understand, but to try and categorize everyone and shove them into a box? I think MBTI does an okay job at outlining several branches of personalities, but I don't think anyone can pick a type and say that it's them to a 'T'. I'm sure there are a lot of gray areas in between.

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    An INFP forum or an INTJ forum will result in all the members doing there best to be as INFP or INTJ as possible, and the impression you get of people is skewed.
    YES. Absolutely agreed. I hate that.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    4w3

Yes, I could say I'm atypical too, or at least I dislike feeling trapped inside this "personality box". But if I was forced to pick one of 16 boxes, that one I would feel less uncomfortable would still be the INFP box.

I'm not a firm MBTI "believer" either. If anything, I stick with Jung's position on the matter, as he would be against such classification system.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Going along with the non"typical" INFPs, I think a lot of people think of us as "peaceful", passive, not willing to fight, calm, and all these great things, but the truth is not necessarily that. I'm not willing to be a follower, but I will stand up and fight for my values, like my family, and the people I love. At any given second, I'd be willing to fight to the death for loved ones, and I'm not exagerating. It's a classic F trait..making decisions off of values. That being said, we aren't these peaceful, calm, quiet, harmonious little creatures..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Going along with the non"typical" INFPs, I think a lot of people think of us as "peaceful", passive, not willing to fight, calm, and all these great things, but the truth is not necessarily that. I'm not willing to be a follower, but I will stand up and fight for my values, like my family, and the people I love. At any given second, I'd be willing to fight to the death for loved ones, and I'm not exagerating. It's a classic F trait..making decisions off of values. That being said, we aren't these peaceful, calm, quiet, harmonious little creatures..
    Oh god...Good INFP friend of mine, I (+ an INFP and INTP...) would give him so much shit. He's the kind of guy who will hardly tell you his political opinion even if you directly ask for it, but he has the "Bush Sucks" calendars and some great t-shirt graphics. Like: A big peace symbol in which the two diagonals are halves of a broken rifle. We call it the "Break All Guns" shirt. And the shirt with two doves and an olive branch I guess in their mouths, with "PEACE" underneath. Of course we'd remind him that the birds are fighting over the branch, and are prepared to kill to win.

MBTI
    INFP

Isn't a typical INFP one that thinks he/she is non-typical?

MBTI
    INFP

zing

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Isn't a typical INFP one that thinks he/she is non-typical?
    LOL!
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm glad the OP posted this.
    Like most people here, I think I tend to be a lot darker than some of the INFP type descriptions would have you believe.
    I'm sensitive, most definitely, but truth be told, people would have trouble picking it.
    Hard to pin down IRL, would describe me best, and I'm a tempermental b!@*%, as well. Especially if I dislike some one. I also cut off people dead, if they have annoyed/hurt me. Although this is harder to do if I had been close with them.
    I come across warm, to a certain point, but nobody gets too close, unless I let them. Never without my permission. I'm kinda detached as well.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]