• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Fi causing dislike giving off the wrong impression?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi,
Throughout much of my life I have noticed that I have not always been able to give off good first impressions, and that generally people have always been kind of put off by me in general. I have noticed that, I have not alway been adept or fluid at the expected social graces and thus it has made others a little leery of me or assume that I am a negative person of some sort (which, kind of falls outside my perogative anyway?) and have wondered if it's common for other Fi users to experience this. I relate or liken it to Fi as many other XNFP's I noticed have the same thing where they do not outwardly show all that much emotion or seem a little stoic.

It's really annoying. I have found that, many people just flat out don't like me on the basis, not of my actions but that I am not outgoing, amiable enough, and am a little eccentric. Also my intellectual leanings I have finally realized just are not appreciated or accepted as well.

But as well, to give further credence to what other's think

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or the impressions we give, I know that it has effected my time in numberous ways for example, oppertunities for relationships, love, social standings, networking oppertunities, career/work, and just what is available to me. It's usually just scorn, and distrust and dislike for not being outgoing and flamboyantly happy. It's quite strange. But yeah, what others think of you makes a huge impression on your life, I would say one of the biggest and most major. It effects everything. Social conformity is a bitch.

Oh wait, I get it now, it's social darwinianism, isn't it? I suppose that is why we should simply block everything out and prevorbially let life take it's course. Oh no, don't mind me, I'm just being critical...critical thinking that is! *runs away*

mystik_INFJ

Permabanned
It's Fi. Raw Fi. With time you'll learn to shape it so that it doesn't cut everybody in the room. You still get to keep you values but you will do so by keeping them more to yourself. I've learned to keep my Ni to myself. I have some cringy moments I could tell you. I learned that it is better to keep it for myself. People have flaws. If you start pointing them out without regard you'll end up alone in the room.

If someone asks for your oppinion let them know that you are blunt. Some people welcome the honesty. Just don't forget to switch it off when the discussion isn't about you.

And now you know how developed Fe works too. Developed Fi looks quite introverted. It is humble but very strong.