User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    You should've noticed this trait in yourself too sir....
    During my "mirror time"

MBTI
    INFP

Sometimes I think I should have joined the circus as I'm very good at guessing people's ages and occupations.

Good at reading moods, too.

Even people who think they are poker-faced will often have a "tell" of some sort.

Of course, if it's an unpleasant emotion they are trying to hide they will usually vehemently deny that they are experiencing it.

One day at my MIL's house her neighbor, whom I had not met, came into the kitchen, took a long, deep look into my eyes and I also engaged her gaze. Sometimes this can be a hostile thing with people, but this didn't feel that way.

After a moment she whispered to me. "Ooh, you're a deep one." It wasn't said like a compliment. More like a recognition.

I've never experienced something like that before but I suspect that she was a fellow INFPer.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Then I kind of have the possibilities "ranked," not in a typical way, but I see some of the Types larger than others, or in a brighter color or just somehow more prominently.
    Same for me in RL. I am just now beginning to practice typing people by reading their words. It's a whole other animal for me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ

I do sometimes have this look in my eyes when I am day dreaming that sometimes makes people say things like "are you all right" or "what's wrong." Those are the polite versions, anyway.

When I have to think deeply on things I sometimes "go inside" for a brief time. It happens during conversation as well. If I have to "go inside" briefly before I can answer I do get a certain look on in my eyes. My therapist has remarked on it.

Occasionally I will even close my eyes briefly to think, but I only with my husband, because he is accepting of it. I probably think more effectively that way, but it is not really acceptable in normal conversation.

I don't think I have it all the time though. I think I only get it when I am discussing something deep or something very "internal" like my feeling or values. For surface level discussion, small talk, etc. I think my eyes still look normal.

Of course during small talk, I sometimes daydream with another part of mind.

Ilah

MBTI
    ENTP

for me the eyes are tell-tale if he is an F or T, maybe even S-N but i can't realize if he is Ni or Ne simply by looking at them
    but then again, i dont think one needs to look into one's eyes to see if he is Ni or Ne, Ni is usually more static, while Ne is all over the place

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

You can type anyone based on eyes and on body language. As far as defining it...well thats a whole different story.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've never noticed the detachment of others (probably too detached myself) and I'm wondering if S preferences might pick up on it faster than the N preference people anyway.

I HAVE seen the look on an S before though and remember thinking 'wow... their eyes look so... alive'. For me to even notice something like that is weird, but to have it stick with me is even stranger. I usually find out later that those people have the S preference.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Personally, since my Ne never really seems to shut off, I'm always aware of the different possibilities that someone could be- it's pretty natural. I kind of have eight possibilities that I start with, extraversion vs introversion is pretty easy to define quickly. Then I kind of have the possibilities "ranked," not in a typical way, but I see some of the Types larger than others, or in a brighter color or just somehow more prominently. Their mannerisms are 'automatically' noted and the more prominent Types begin to change. Once enough "evidence" has presented itself, and the other possibilities look very small, I send them an e-mail outlining the functions and a post of their type from Bluewing! (that part is true a lot of the time, even though it's kind of weird...)
    just wondering: how do you determine introversion and extraversion so quickly?

MBTI
    INFP

I think some people are definitely able to read others in a way. I'm probably too spacey myself to notice when other people are being spacey, but I have friends who mention things like, 'that person looks lost', etc. If it's really obvious I might notice. Sometimes I can feel people on the same wavelength and I imagine most of them to be INs or maybe NPs of sorts or something. I love hitting wavelengths with people.

MBTI
    INFP

Sometimes i could swear I was alert and listening attentively to the conversation, yet I'll be accused of having a vacant look in my eyes. That's probably because a corner of my mind is engaged with analysing what personality the person could possibly be, or replaying something that happened during the day, or just wondering what I'll have for lunch. I think it's very rare that I give my 100% to a person (unless I'm totally in love/awe with/of them) and I'm often accused of looking blank.

I love hitting wavelengths too, but I've only REALLY clicked with sadly very few, very few people.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...