First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    ^ Really? I'm seeing NF - or at least N - involved.
    Well, you posted this in the NF section...but there have been at least three T's that responded saying that they also related. And like Trinity said, this is an overwhelmingly N forum, so we aren't really able to see if and how the S folks diverge from this pattern.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP

For me, it depends on my mood. When I'm one way, I want 'this' type of music, another way, 'that' type.

But when it comes down to it, if I find something I really like, I can listen to it endlessly...much to the chagrin of some friends and family.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I guess the fact that people from all parts of the MBTI spectrum are able to identify with the question shows that appeal to music either really is universal or is totally dependent on the individual involved. I'm just surprised because a lot of people I know in real life want variety in their music playlists and the movies they see, but a large number of people here seem to be perfectly happy sticking to music they know they like.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    Are NFs more likely to listen to the same music/song again and again and again? Most NFs I know (including me) have a favourite playlist they don't mind listening to over and over again. Hence they make pretty bad DJs at parties.

And does anyone else experience this feeling that some music is sooo haunting...that it takes you to someplace far away in your head or reminds you of some memory or dream or just makes you feel really really happy or sad?
    Yup, both of the above.

I've forced people I care about to "listen to this great song - it means so much to me" time and time again, only to have them stare blankly at me, not getting it. I stopped doing that a while ago.

I am the one who will stop in their tracks and stare off into space if I hear an evocative song. I could be an a noisy restaurant or a retail store, but I will still stop what I'm doing and walk to the speaker so I can hear the song. People close to me have learned to grant me this indulgence.

Reminds me of this guy: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGF93X39kRg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGF93X39kRg[/YOUTUBE]
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

I love those songs that give you chills. I'll listen to those all day long.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    I love those songs that give you chills. I'll listen to those all day long.
    ya im the same way, ill listen to it a thousand times. but as for not being good djs, im a dj and im usually good at putting others listening preferences above my own.
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." ~Andre Gide

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

When I listen to music, I don't think it'd be far fetched to say that I see flashing colors and pictures, piecing them together as I listen; when I watch a film or read a book, I have a difficult time focusing because my mind is trying to form visual pictures while my eyes are trying to focus on a picture. It's an experience not unlike looking at a rapidly flashing .gif with, say, words and/or several thousands of other flashing pictures. Unless I am able to completely separate my use of the two senses, the pictures flash too rapidly for me to get a grip on anything.

Suffice to say, listening is a strength.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I say Haphazard and I should make our new little cognitive functions based on solfège.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    When I listen to music, I don't think it'd be far fetched to say that I see flashing colors and pictures, piecing them together as I listen; when I watch a film or read a book, I have a difficult time focusing because my mind is trying to form visual pictures while my eyes are trying to focus on a picture. It's an experience not unlike looking at a rapidly flashing .gif with, say, words and/or several thousands of other flashing pictures. Unless I am able to completely separate my use of the two senses, the pictures flash too rapidly for me to get a grip on anything.

Suffice to say, listening is a strength.
    Si IS your tertiary function...

i have a lot of Si dominant friends (ISTJs and ISFJs) who describe music in terms of visuals. my one friend always says images flash in his head when he hears a song.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    Si IS your tertiary function...

i have a lot of Si dominant friends (ISTJs and ISFJs) who describe music in terms of visuals. my one friend always says images flash in his head when he hears a song.
    Maybe this also explains why I'm afraid of working with my hands.