User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ?

If there is a song I really like, I'll listen to it again and again until I don't feel like listening to it anymore. Usually, I'm into some songs at one time, but after some time I get into other songs and stop listening to the first ones.
    But I do get bored eventually and I change the playlist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah I usually do that too. Lately I have been listening to the Yoshida Brothers and Perfume. Their albums have been on repeat in my iPod for months.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    No. No no. You are not asking this question. I am going to pretend that you are not attempting to correlate listening to songs on repeat with the combined traits of Intuition and Feeling.
    Yeah...
    No offense.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaru View Post
    Yeah I usually do that too. Lately I have been listening to the Yoshida Brothers and Perfume. Their albums have been on repeat in my iPod for months.
    After I got the Fray album I couldn't stop listening, even after I learnt all the songs. I just couldn't. I associated them with a holiday my parents and friends and I had gone on, and now I can't ever listen to their music without wanting to look at the photographs and relive that holiday again.

Oh, and this happens with movies too. I tend to watch the same movie againa nd again till it's burned in my head for life.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say my own memory is very photographic. It's okay - and some images I see are very vivid. But what bothers me is that some music I listen to reminds me of places I've dreamt about - either daydreams or night dreams, or both, I usually can't place which. And then I close my eyes tightly and long to just escape this world and enter the song and then I feel sad and empty...it's disturbing!
    I experience the same thing with certain songs. And then I listen to them...over and over and over...and over...until eventually I've sucked all of that feeling out of a song. And yes, the feeling is one of limitless sadness and longing, but it is also so vague I can't tell what it refers to. It's a bit like a random case of homesickness. However, the imagery is quite nice, usually of places I've never been to, heard of, or researched in my waking hours.

I don't think it's something disturbing. I seem to identify it as something incredibly human.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP

Same here man, same here. I overdose on songs until I temporarily get sick of them. Then we're back again usually, not always.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes. Definitely. In the extreme sense.

I can listen to one song on repeat the whole day, like even 10 hours straight. And I like doing so. I always have music playing when I'm at home. Usually I have a little more variety in my playlists, but that's the extreme case. If someone is ever going to live with me, I'm sure I'm gonna drive him crazy with my endless repeats.

That also applies on a larger scale. I have like three or four artists that I like above all else and I just never get tired of them. For example, I've been listening to one particular artist like six years now, and I've heard all the songs a few billion million times... I just never get bored.

It's funny when some friends occasionally brag that "this song is so good that I listened to it three times!". Ha. From my perspective that's just nothing. Make it 300 and that's something!

I know I'm weird when it comes to music, but I just breath it. I play instruments and I compose music myself, so I'm quite of a musical being.

I listen to a very wide variety of (styles of) music, but the few favorites I have are something that just keep on going year after year. I have to say my favorite artist list has been expanding in the last few years more rapidly, and that's essentially a good thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ah, I like listening to this one CD I have of pipe organ music originally writen by Johan Sebastian Bach. It's one of my faves.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know if it's an NF thing, but I can definitely say that I listen to songs over and over again. Each and every song represents something- a feeling inside, a thought/memory.. something. A certain riff, word, and/or phrase in a song will cause me to listen until I just can't listen anymore. Today, I've been listening to John Mayer's "Gravity" for HOURS, all because of the phrase: "Just keep me where the light is." I have quite a few songs/albums that I will never get tired of listening to.
    Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse, while all the others were making ships. ~Charles Simic

Enneagram 4w5 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i cannot listen to a song back to back
    it has to be on a different day
    but i usually pair songs together, for transition and contrast purposes
    I N V I C T U S