• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INFPs think of ENFPs ?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You say all the stuff I filter from the world... :D

You say all the stuff I filter from the world... :doh:

Hahahaha :D Damn, I know that's probably how 95% of the world perceives me. ;)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
ENFPs are great! I think they bring the best out of me and its awesome. I always have the best time with ENFPs, just a bag of laughs.

ENFPs seem to make loads and loads of friends though so its pretty much impossible to get one on one time with them. Its not their fault they are so popular though. =)

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs are great! I think they bring the best out of me and its awesome. I always have the best time with ENFPs, just a bag of laughs.

ENFPs seem to make loads and loads of friends though so its pretty much impossible to get one on one time with them. Its not their fault they are so popular though. =)

:wubbie:

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I like them. :) IRL I am - for some unknown reason - naturally drawn to ENFP company. :huh:
I'm a very creative person and they are very inspiring.

But they are sometimes a little too intense for me.

Sometimes. :D

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
But they are sometimes a little too intense for me.

Sometimes. :D[/QUOTE]

Would you mind elaborating on what you consider intense?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually get along really well with them. I mean, what's not to like? They are fun loving (often) party animals with surprising depth. They can be silly one second and have a deep conversation the next. Sometimes it will be focused on one subject, and sometimes it flutters between many interesting subjects.

Another thing... I've become very good at hiding beneath my heavy, protective, thick shell. ENFPs have a way of just bounding up and effortlessly flinging it aside. (They also seem to get perverse pleasure in doing so.. GRRRR!)

Complaints? They can often be fickle. It can be hard to keep one's attention, which makes me very slow to rely on some of them. I'm also wary of getting too involved emotionally in one of their pet projects, as they lose interest just as I'm really starting to become emotionally invested.

That's a small price to pay, though. ENFPs generally add quality to my life.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
They are like INFP's but louder! :D

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Holy crap... where the hell do you people meet ENFPs? I would love to meet one in person. Closest thing to meeting one was an ENTP, and me like a lot...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually get along really well with them. I mean, what's not to like? They are fun loving (often) party animals with surprising depth. They can be silly one second and have a deep conversation the next. Sometimes it will be focused on one subject, and sometimes it flutters between many interesting subjects.

Another thing... I've become very good at hiding beneath my heavy, protective, thick shell. ENFPs have a way of just bounding up and effortlessly flinging it aside. (They also seem to get perverse pleasure in doing so.. GRRRR!)

Complaints? They can often be fickle. It can be hard to keep one's attention, which makes me very slow to rely on some of them. I'm also wary of getting too involved emotionally in one of their pet projects, as they lose interest just as I'm really starting to become emotionally invested.

That's a small price to pay, though. ENFPs generally add quality to my life.

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeee you have hit the nail right on the head with me (with the exception of party animal - blehhhhh - but in all fairness, you said often!!!). Everything - including the good things and bad things. I'm not fickle when it comes to people, but very fickle when it comes to projects unless I'm super duper invested in it. :) My husband also has this complaint with me. Damn it, I took you seriously and thought about how to implement your ideas, and now you have a new idea. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! It really pisses him off. :blush:

But my aunt called me her 'muse.' I'm good at inspiring others to action, which is good because I'm a lazy ass. At work, though, I'm really a workhorse because I love what I do and I'm really engaged.

And, yeah, if you have a pole up your ass or a shell around you, watch out, 'cause I might just make you forget without even trying. Hehe. At least people tell me this all the time - I'm not conscious of it. ;) But it is cool when it happens. It makes you feel good. :D

I totally relate to the part about silly crazy wild thanggggg one minute and deep, mysterious person the next. Drove my husband just about crazy sometimes in a good way and in a bad way.

Sometimes I go too far and say things when I shouldn't, which goes back to the first response...."They say things I wanted to say but couldn't! :D :doh:" Yeahhhhhh - that can be a blessing and a curse. :shock:

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Would you mind elaborating on what you consider intense?

I mean the kind of person that has a very strong "presence", is extremely loud and lively and, because of this, can wear me out rather fast.

However, this applies to all strong Es, not just the very extroverted ENFPs. IMO ESFJs are the most draining.

Tropics

MBTI Type
INFP
They are like INFP's but louder! is a perfect description GZA they are exuberant and big-hearted. Love them! They can be exhausting but they're worth it!

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure who is an ENFP out of the people I know but I get the feeling that they're pretty fun, but might be a bit too much for me. So I guess depends how I feel at the moment which will translate to how I feel about an ENFP. Haha... I did have a particularly uncomfortable experience with someone who said they were ENFP.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
I like all the ENFPs here. I like that you are friendly and good humored. I like that you are able to resolve conflicts without coming across as a parental or teacher-like kind of figure. I like that you express your opinions strongly but not pedantically. I like how you word things both intelligently and colorfully. I like that when you are being nice you have nothing of the mother hen about you but instead always seem more like a friend.

I don't think anything annoys me about the ENFPs here. I had one co-worker who I think was an ENFP but I'm not sure. But he is in a class by himself, so it's probably not fair to use him as an ENFP exhibit and say what I found annoying about him in response to your question.

Icebluejanuary

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP married to ENFP

I've been married to an ENFP for 10 years. I'll just say it's been an adventure. Whirlwind is the best way I can explain it. He gets very excited about things asks me to get involved and before I know it I've done research on a topic or invested myself in his project and boom he's off on another big idea or project. Since we've been married he has had 9 different jobs and he's been licensed or certified to do 3 complete different careers and he's even opened up his own business.

But, he's my soul mate. He encourages me to try new things and go to new places. He makes me laugh. I know he is loyal to me and he loves me. And I also know whatever life throws at us, he'll be able to talk our way out of it. :cheese:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
he's my soul mate. He encourages me to try new things and go to new places. He makes me laugh. I know he is loyal to me and he loves me. And I also know whatever life throws at us, he'll be able to talk our way out of it. :cheese:
How sweet! Congradulations!! It makes me so happy when I hear about married couples who are actually truly happy together.. All the Best! =)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I always wondered about the INFP ENFP combination for an intimate relationship. Thinking about it, I probably couldn't handle it :D