User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I honestly admire ENFPs, they are very very fun to be around..I share a lot in common, and the Extroversion balances the two forces out at a mutual level. My dad is actually an ENFP and I get along very well with him, and share a lot of things in common.

What frustrates me sometimes, is that sometimes, well..at least my dad...can seem to have a mild case of ADD/ADHD sometimes..which may be coincidental, but it can sometimes keep things too relevant.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    I always wondered about the INFP ENFP combination for an intimate relationship. Thinking about it, I probably couldn't handle it
    Why do you think not?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    I always wondered about the INFP ENFP combination for an intimate relationship. Thinking about it, I probably couldn't handle it

I wouldn't trade my ENFP for anything...I could do without so much drama though.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Icebluejanuary View Post
    I wouldn't trade my ENFP for anything...I could do without so much drama though.
    Could you talk a little bit about what you consider to be drama?

MBTI
    INFP

Nothing terrible I promise. But we've been married for 10 years and he's had 9 different jobs in that time. There is always something better or more exciting on the horizon.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Icebluejanuary View Post
    Nothing terrible I promise. But we've been married for 10 years and he's had 9 different jobs in that time. There is always something better or more exciting on the horizon.
    I'm curious, but could you list the jobs he's had? I just wanna compare and contrast with my own job history and aspirations.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Here is the list. Mind you this is only 10 years-he had tons of jobs before we got together.

1 and 2. Real Estate Assistant (he did this for two different companies)
    3. Minister
    4. Optical Sales Representative (outside sales)
    5. Manufactured Home Sales
    6. Real Estate
    7. Sales Rep for Custom Clothing company
    8. Optical Sales Representative (outside sales)
    9. Opened his own retail optical franchise
    10. Optical Sales Rep. (outside sales)
    11. Senior care insurance sales
    12. About to move to another Insurance sales job Oct. 1.

Ok, so he's had 12 jobs in 10 years!

MBTI
    GONE

Ha, yeah, that sounds familiar.

But since he was mostly in the sales, and even more specifically optical sales track for most of them, I'm sure he'd say he has had a long career.

I think sales is something that is easy for an ENFP to fall into and it allows you switch jobs often but still stay on track career wise -- if you find the market and kind of sales you like.

I've also done all kinds of sales and outreach and studied to get my CA real estate license. Real estate -- yet another kind of sales!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

I like ENFPs a lot. Gotta love all that Ne - it's trippy the links it makes sometimes. They're also really good at getting me out of my ruts, yet respect my space. I've yet to find anything to really dislike about them. One of my favourite types, for sure. I'm really not communicating effectively just how much I love them. My spontaneity has suffered greatly since I lost contact with my ENFP friends.

I guess if I had to pick something to dislike about them, it'd just be that sometimes "change for change's sake" can seem a bit pointless and wearying.

MBTI
    INFP

My husband definately says he has had a long career. And I notice on a lot of applications that he says he's been in the optical field for 15 years. Sales is definately his thing! When he was younger his dream was to be an actor. But sales seems to kind of go along with that...but he is usually passionate about what he is selling or else he moves on.

I just discovered that my best friend as a child is an ENFP. I convinced her to take a test. So apparently I seem to be drawn to that type. She cracks me up though because I call her nomadic-you never know where or what state she is living in from year to year. She jumps from job to job and is what I consider a serial student. She completed a masters recently and is now considering going back to school on a track that may take her an additional 5-7 years.