User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: What Is Beauty?

Enneagram
    947 so/sx

Default What Is Beauty?

What is beauty? What do you find beautiful in life? Why do you think it's beautiful? Can beauty be measured? Is it external, internal, or both?

Asking for NFs to ask this question, though I think other types would like to chime in here as well, either way it's no problem.
    Don't mind me, I feel weird tonight.
    I'll follow her into the depths
    I'll find warmth in the steel of her glare
    I'll hear music in the darkness of her silence
    Don't leave me there.
    Likes geedoenfj, labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default What Is Beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post

What is beauty? What do you find beautiful in life? Why do you think it's beautiful? Can beauty be measured? Is it external, internal, or both?

Asking for NFs to ask this question, though I think other types would like to chime in here as well, either way it's no problem.
    Don't mind me, I feel weird tonight.
    Beauty is anything that stirs an emotion that I like inside of me, or make me feel satisfied only by sensing it..
    Many things in life are beautiful, you just have to open your eyes and enjoy the little things you have, no matter how hard life gets on you..
    Why do I think a rose is beautiful? The look of it, the colors, it's delicacy, the texture, the smell, and the fact that it has thorns gives it another interesting story, why do I like the palm trees? Because it reminds me of my homeland, my childhood, because looking at them is satisfying, why do I find a child hugging his mom is beautiful? Because I know he's feeling safe and loved.. There are endless things that I find beautiful and endless reasons for their beauty..
    I think it is measured, the more you educate your senses, the more tasteful you get..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Likes Nørrsken liked this post

Enneagram
    947 so/sx

@geedoenfj you are literally the cutest.
    I'll follow her into the depths
    I'll find warmth in the steel of her glare
    I'll hear music in the darkness of her silence
    Don't leave me there.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

lamps
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Nørrsken, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I need a specific context for the word or else I default to the most simple definition of it being aesthetically pleasing in some way, but I recognize that beauty in a more spiritual, non-physical form is, well, "deeper". For example, I tend to get annoyed when people try to discuss aesthetic beauty in other humans and other people insist on discussing spiritual qualities as if these are the only thing that matter. Yes, the inner qualities are more significant, but the external is still real and can be acknowledged too.

Generally though, whether physical or spiritual, anything that moves you to feel (I don't want to say positive, because something about things like sadness can be beautiful too) and seems to emanate value in its mere existence (not for utilitarian purposes). It inspires awe and gratitude, which is why I think negative things can have a beautiful aspect at times. They reveal something beautiful anyway.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Ayyy

I think beauty ranges from some sort of satisfaction from something on a superficial level, but it can also go to having some deeper connection with it or level of relatibility maybe. Like I look at the sky and find it so beautiful cause it unconsciously reminds me of tranquility and inner peace which is an inner desire I have. Or you can say someone highly logical finds the beauty is mathematics cause it's just what their mind was almost prepared for. It can also go like I find the beauty in destruction because the despite the fact I don't like it I am fascinated that it it's a major part of life and nature... Or something like that.

I dunno what I'm saying just throwing in my two cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "When I am king, you will be first against the wall
    With your opinion which is of no consequence at all"
    ~Radiodead

Completely ISFJaded

I am the roots that hold the tree together
    As well as the wind beneath your wings
    (Poetry expert)

MBTI
    Infp

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder -- beholder*.

I find the ability to help others beautiful.

I think it's beautiful because there's people out there that need help and don't know how to ask for it, especially children who aren't aware or children who have special needs. I sometimes think it's just what people are supposed to do while here amongst the living. To take care of the people around them.

I don't think beauty can be measured or that it can be, but it's individual for everyone.

I think Beauty is both.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This thread is beautiful

The deepest beauty for me involves a feeling of enlightenment and peace. There is a sense of both wildness and cohesion, freedom and pattern. When I look into the sky and have a sense that I am beginning to comprehend, but also a sense that it is forever beyond my full comprehension. It is like peering into infinity and knowing something more than before.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Hmm... these days, I find things like simplicity, honesty and trust to be beautiful. I mean, it's pleasant to look at something or someone that's beautiful on the outside - but more than that, I've started to find it much more pleasant to be in the company of someone with those sort of inner traits. If that isn't beauty in itself, I don't know what is...

Then again, don't mind me if I'm making no sense at all it's past 3am here and I haven't gotten any sleep yet.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Something that makes my spine tingle and heart melt at the same time.