User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Do NF's tend to have low, medium, or high self-esteem?

I'd say probably low. We are naturally more affected by life due to our feelings side and think very deeply into our feelings due to our intuitive side . What would you say?

MBTI
    FiSi

I have a high self-esteem and I appreciate myself, and I see no reason why my F would make me feel worse about myself... I think it's more about attitude and maturity than functions.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Yeah, low, especially INFPs. Just an observation...*sidestep*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

While we may be more sensitive to stuff, we're also introspective, have pretty good emotional intelligence, have a strong desire to evolve and develop ourselves, and to seek therapy when needed. I don't see why the pros wouldn't counter the cons fairly well.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by NashK View Post
    I'd say probably low. We are naturally more affected by life due to our feelings side and think very deeply into our feelings due to our intuitive side . What would you say?
    I'm not sure why you think NFs have low self-esteem. How does being affected by life or thinking deeply give one low self-esteem (I'm not neccessarily disagreeing, I just don't know)?

How affected we are by life is also related to introversion/extroversion, and only relates to self-esteem if you derive your value (as judged by Feeling?) from your external environment. This makes me think ENFx's may tend to be less consistent in their self-esteem (to fluctuate with external circumstances).

What I think of myself doesn't change too much, but how I feel about myself definitely fluctuates to some degree with the feedback I get from others. I hate that...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I have low self-esteem sometimes, but I cannot help it if my skin is fussy or that I look like a fourteen year old when I am almost twenty. :'(

Enneagram
    1w2

There are so many factors that can raise or lower someone's self esteem that are beyond the scope of MBTI. How does being an NF negatively amplify any of them? Some people have low self-esteem because they feel they have little to no control over their lives, poor self-image, anything.

I just can't help but find questions when people try to correlate larger human being issues to smaller type issues silly. Maybe it is an INFP thing.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I don't have any issue with my self esteem. My confidence level is actually very high for 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I just can't help but find questions when people try to correlate larger human being issues to smaller type issues silly. Maybe it is an INFP thing.

I don't think it's a common problem for all NFs... maybe just for some INFPs.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah my self-esteem could be better...maybe it is an infp (minority) thing. It'd be interesting to understand where that lack of self-esteem came from. I know where mine comes from but I don't know how to get out of it without help from a friend I would be feeling down pretty often and wouldn't value myself....(maybe it's hormones or teenage thing who knows.xD)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFP

all the infps i know, including myself, have low self esteem
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." ~Andre Gide