User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I would say I have no self-esteem. (Not high or low, just none.) That is to say, I hold no value unto myself. I am inward-focused and analyze myself quite a bit, but not in a value sense. I used to think if I achieved my persona that I would then be valuable; since learning this is not the case many years ago, I now have no value scale on which to place myself. As far as comparing myself to others, I feel that I also have no self-esteem there because I don't really have a peer group to compare myself to. The closest thing would be my work colleagues, but I'm kind of a tangent when it comes to that group anyway so it's hard to conceptualize such a scale in the first place, since I do not move within the same social or life spheres as they do even...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFx

I'd say I have moderate to high self-confidence and self-esteem, although I still have problems with anxiety at times. Used to be very shy, but I'm not sure whether I'm still shy or simply reserved. I can see how different types would express their differing levels of such in ways more common to their type, but the presence and strength of those would always depend on the individual and the upbringing they have had. Until I entered into my teens, I had a very stable home life and that helped cultivate an optimistic and positive view. Throughout the teens I was the most troubled, due to both circumstance at home and outside, though I think the same can be said of everyone. Reflecting back on the successes I have had makes me feel pretty confident, though, and I view times of crisis as further opportunities for character building and development. Moreover I realise this potential for brilliance in everyone which is why I often try to help them become the best they can be - even when I have difficulty following my own advice many times! I am pretty sensitive as well, but I don't subscribe to the notion that sensitivity should imply a lack of confidence or self-worth. Rather, it is exactly my sensitivity that stokes the fires of my resilience, purely because I am ever questioning, ever searching... and I know that, at the end of the day, I will always have myself to fall back on, so if I can't first love myself, how could I offer that to others?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "A person usually has two reasons for doing something: a good reason and the real reason."

Fi=Ne>Ni>Si=Te>Fe>Ti>Se

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

hmm....I have both very low and very high self-esteem at the same time.

MBTI
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    hmm....I have both very low and very high self-esteem at the same time.
    I agree. Internally I have high self-esteem. Externally I have low self-esteem. Meaning I feel good about who I am on the inside, but not so much about how people perceive me. I hope I'm making sense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Yep, that's how it is for me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

*raises hand* I'm in the high low self esteem category. I constantly double check myself for errors lol. Why am I doomed to such feelings? Being an INFP sucks sometimes, it really does.

MBTI
    ENFP

it fluctuates.. but normally it's high

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

inf-
    perfectionistic plus extremely sensitive plus inwardly idealistic = low self-esteem

i may be perfect in every way but one, and i'd still be disappointed. resiliency is something i have to work on. and there's always an Fe perspective of me that i see that leaves me vulnerable, defensive, negative, etc. so as an infj, mine changes every time i walk into a new room. i feel much more comfortable when my Ni knows what's up and i don't have to rely so much on Fe's scattered information.