User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm most probably INFP and my self esteem is just fine on average.

Averaging makes things appear so regular and stable!

violaine

Not sure about other NFs, I have pretty healthy self-esteem. I used to have lower self-esteem when I was younger. I pulled myself out of it.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post

Answer: Carrots

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by NashK View Post
    We are naturally more affected by life due to our feelings side and think very deeply into our feelings due to our intuitive side
    This is true, so that we might seem less self-confident than the ST folks who naturally "fit" in the world because they have the majority. But, I see self-esteem in a way that you need to first see how weak you actually are and only then you can overcome your fears. This I see as true self-confidence, while the other kind of self-confidence comes from external conditions, for example from how successful you are.

NF are likely to take the world personally and feel put down by it, but that only makes it more likely for them to adjust their mind and find something inside them that cannot be taken away.

Besides that, some of the mentally strongest people I've seen have been NFs. They were not only self-confident but genuinely wise in the way they lived. But, it's a long and hard way to get there. None of them was young.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't have a low self esteem. I don't know why people think most INFP's have low self-esteem. Is it because we don't act like "salt" you know how salt is in almost everything. We keep low profiles, can be withdrawn and pensive which people mistake for being depressed, when we are simply observing and thinking. I think INFP's with low self esteem are probably just too wrapped up in trying to make themselves "impeccable" and "ideal" we can be terrible perfectionists and we are hardest on ourselves. Perfection in everything is virtually impossible and trying to achieve it can leave one bummed out and make the world seem especially hard and cold to a "feeling" oriented person. Once I let go of that nasty habit I realized that I was okay and my self esteem went way up. Not that I accept mediocrity I just know when to simmer the perfectionist tendency and to be as lenient with myself as I am with others when they make mistakes.
    Somebody has to be fabulous, it might as well be me! LOL

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Answer: Carrots
    This may be the most rediculous question I've ever asked, but... was that a poop joke? (refering to the "regular" of the Activia comercials?) How do you connect carrots with averaging? I'm so lost...

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    This is true, so that we might seem less self-confident than the ST folks who naturally "fit" in the world because they have the majority. But, I see self-esteem in a way that you need to first see how weak you actually are and only then you can overcome your fears. This I see as true self-confidence, while the other kind of self-confidence comes from external conditions, for example from how successful you are.

NF are likely to take the world personally and feel put down by it, but that only makes it more likely for them to adjust their mind and find something inside them that cannot be taken away.

Besides that, some of the mentally strongest people I've seen have been NFs. They were not only self-confident but genuinely wise in the way they lived. But, it's a long and hard way to get there. None of them was young.
    I don't think it's an ST thing, it may be a more general extroverted judgment thing. Extroverted judgment is excellent at helping to assess norms which are large contributors to what "successful" and "healthy" self-esteem is.

Although I was being cheeky before, I notice that INFPs tend to start this kind of thread the most and I wonder if there really is something to it. Which is odd because Fi seems like the function most capable of cultivating a healthy self-image.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    This may be the most rediculous question I've ever asked, but... was that a poop joke? (refering to the "regular" of the Activia comercials?) How do you connect carrots with averaging? I'm so lost...
    Where on Earth??? Sciski is a rabbit, it's an easy one....

MBTI
    INFJ

It's a complicated issue on my behalf, but, even to my own surprise, I'd say my self-esteem is actually very high. I'm still a bit shy and quiet in groups of people, but I'm very happy about myself and I don't try to please people (consequently, as I have quite a strong personality and opinions, many try to please me and that faking annoys the hell out of me).

MBTI
    ENFP

I define high self esteem as someone who accepts who they are and moves forward with confidence knowing they don't have to be perfect just doing their best.

I fit this definition.

I don't think it has to do with type. Self acceptance is about reaching a certain level of self awareness and accepting maturity. There is value in all the types. Therefore, I think that high self esteem is available to any one willing to deconstruct and reconstruct themselves in a more positive way...