• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Possible Perceptions Between the NFPs and NFJs

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've heard on multiple occasions between NT members talk about some fairly frequent perceptions about the "other", and it is usually the NTJs vs NTPs, and vice versa. This isn't some negative stereotyping in all cases, but some generalizations for sure, and usually just jokingly teasing one another about their differences. You can't escape them no matter how hard you try, some are based in just a tad bit of truth of course, as well. So I'm wondering, is this limited to the NTs, or are there similar perceptions between the NFPs and NFJs? I personally don't know of them or have heard people mention them all that often which is why I ask. Even if the perceptions are stereotypes, what are they? What do NFPs think of NFJs? What do NFJs think of NFPs.

Sure we're all NFs here, but I'm sure there are some perceptions out there as we are all still so different even if we're all within the same temperament.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Go back into the Fi Fe war threads!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i have no probably with NFJs as a whole, I actually tend to have more problems with people of my own type or has fi somewhere in their stacking(so in order from the types i'm more likely to have problems with to the ones i have the least ENTJ,INTJ,INFP,ENFP,ESTJ,ESFP,ISFP,ISTJ). but people who have fe in their stacking i usually have little to no problems with generally. Of course there are exception some Fe people I can't stand.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Freaking, exactly.

Honest to god, best relationship I *ever* had (and the only relationship decision I revisit for reconsideration on occasion) was with an INFP. It was amazing. I still love him. Probably always will.

The animosity between the NFJ/NFP camp here has never translated to my real life. I comprehend the issues fleshed out here; I just don't experience them in real life. We're too busy being awesome together.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think most of the misunderstandings are eliminated by having more non verbal information to go from. I have a pile of real life nfps and have run into very few problems with them.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

So the differences tend to revolve solely around Fi and Fe? No behavioral characteristics pertain to each?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Freaking, exactly.

Honest to god, best relationship I *ever* had (and the only relationship decision I revisit for reconsideration on occasion) was with an INFP. It was amazing. I still love him. Probably always will.

The animosity between the NFJ/NFP camp here has never translated to my real life. I comprehend the issues fleshed out here; I just don't experience them in real life. We're too busy being awesome together.

I must be absolutely oblivious because I didn't know such animosity existed, wow.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ah it's not so bad now. I think some progress has been made.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get along with both, but maybe that's because I'm never sure which I am. :laugh:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just to preface this, these statements are based on my experiences with these types.

I have yet to come across an INFJ who is socially or mentally compatible with me. They are very nice and fun in short bursts, but prolonged 1-on-1 time with them is exhausting. If I had to describe them, I would have to say "imaginatively bland", because they are boring and close-minded in such a tactful and strategic way, that you have to give them credit. You would never know an INFJ is snooty and boring at first glance, because that's how good they are at not blending in to the tone of a room. But without a room to play off of, it's all eyerolls and shade tossing. Again, this is just with the 3 that I know in real life.

ENFJs aren't too bad. Out of all the NF types, I think I get along best with ENFJs. The few that I know (all two of them) are very hidden potential tier. Like, they have so much to offer to conversation and whatnot, but they will only do so when they have support backing them. Otherwise, if they don't feel comfortable, they will just facilitate and chaperone. My only complaint with them fundamentally is their urge to settle down. Not in the sense of marriage, but they seek definite and finite things. Their "How will this end?" style of thinking really conflicts with my way of doing things intentionally improv. That being said, because they are usually more mature in nature as compared to me, instead of it becoming a 'my way or the highway' or 'last one standing leads the way' (like it does with INFJs, which isn't a negative when in short bursts), ENFJs seem more willing to compromise. They are great leaders, just wish they would want to lead more.

INFPs are really polarizing to me. You either know a really cool INFP or an INFP with zero chill and negative energy. No in between. One thing that sticks out to me is that they talk a lot. I understand that's saying something coming from an ENFP, but it's not just that they are talkative. They are prone to borderline steamroll conversations when they get comfortable. Talk to an INFP about their hobbies and anything you say in response that isn't 100% in agreement is considered an attack. When they aren't talking about something they are passionate about, they use way too many words for no reason. It's not like they are even talking fast and they are filling space between statements because they are thinking too fast, they just like the sound of their voice and will take a mile when given an inch. Slightly off topic, but I really do think that INxPs are more hindered by their inferior function than any other type. I could rant all DAY about how inferior Fe is ungraceful, but inferior Te? It is inferiorating infuriating! It is one thing to have all these ideas and that opinionated attitude and all that individuality and all the genuinely badass stuff INFPs are known for, but to never actually do or act on all the things you are saying is physically painful.

Other ENFPs are actually sorta insufferable. I guess because deep down, I am at heart territorial and other ENFPs are too? I only know one other ENFP closely enough to acknowledge they are even an ENFP (and even then, the likelihood of them actually being an ESFP is super high). However, they are a different brand of ENFP. Where I have a better control over my judging functions, they have better control over their perceiving functions. Hate to admit it, but the other ENFP is way more creative and closer to the stereotype than I am. Though, that being said, I can say with a straight face that i am more competent and better with communicating to others. (Don't know how relative it is, but I'm a 278 and they're a 748.) When push comes to shove, we actually make a really good team and when we are together, those around us already know that someone is going to try to prove themselves. As I type this out, I am starting to realize that it's super fun to have that level of competitiveness with someone who thinks like me, as aggravating as both it and they can be. Hm... I think I need to meet more ENFPs before I can make any more conclusions on them.

I recently came to the conclusion that in terms of compatibility, NFs don't do well together. At the end of the day, I am 80% sure we have all have special snowflake syndrome (I blame the intuition bias) that gets triggered when we have to interact with ourselves. No matter how open-minded and willing to see new angles, an angle that is too similar to our own isn't met with excitement or joy, but with questioning and probing because if your view is valid then that might invalidate mine and it's integrity! I also think that NFs do best with SJs, not NTs. I just wrote a lot and every time I write more than a paragraph, I feel super pretentious, so I'll stop here.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my limited experience, I've gotten along very well with INFJs, and quite badly with ENFJs. I've only managed contact with Female INFJs, and I tend to find them opaque in intriguing ways, but thoughtful and strangely non judgemental. I've only managed contact with male ENFJ's that want to somehow wrangle me somewhere within their Fe-verse, and it feels very obtrusive.

I've attempted to make friends with INFJ males in the past, it never quite managed to happen.

Last edited:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs are sweethearts.. when they're healthy. When they're not.. :dry:
ENFJs are really nice to talk to; they have that intensity that I seem to understand a lot.
INFPs are wonderful as well, don't really have a lot of issues with them thus far. I met one sociopathic one and it was unnerving.
INFJs.. a toss up. Either they're amazing and insightful, or absolutely batshit insane.

skippythecat

Enneagram
9w1
*EDIT*

These are my experiences with all types:

ENFPs: Hit or miss. Most of the time, miss. I know 8 ENFPs and prefer to be around three of them. They have the need to input their opinions without fully listening and interrupting. I don't have much positive interactions with them even though they have great qualities and skills.
ENFJs: Their Fe don't always make me feel understood but least judgmental type. I can be myself without feeling judged. Very accepting of others and full of charisma. I find ENFJs to be natural leaders and motivators. ENFJs have those "spiritual truth" moments rather feel-y truth.
INFPs: Most relatable and closes of all NF types. INFPs are people-independent and more introverted than I am. Struggle to speak their boundaries and what they want at times, so Fi-Te comes into action because they over-scheduled everything. I find that they set themselves up to be stressed. Extremely patient (along with ENFJs) to understanding and correction, and not easily offended.
INFJs: Between the two INFJs, one reminds me of QuickSilver and the other friend is peaceful person. Both are very opinionated, slow to open up to others, and very lively. They can suffer from being closed-minded when it comes to spontaneous.

Last edited: