User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Wait a moment. Sometimes I get into situations where, when I think someone is interested in me romantically, I get sort of freaked out and have this great big urge to backpedal rapidly away from the situation. In this case, I also notice that my recollections of said person seem to be replayed back to me in a negative light, although I am almost certain that there was nothing negative in it when I was experiencing it.

Could that be Si, using Ne to distort how I percieve those memories with negative possibilities and meanings that hadn't occured to me before? Or am I completely off base?
    No you're right on. You nailed it. That's Ni telling me you nailed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont know, it is BlueWings theory and only my understanding of it. But I am an engineer and not a psychologist.

What you describe is too concious for the theory, I think. It could be Si and it could be not. The theory in itself is more about talking how someone actually perceives the world he lives in. If you strip it down to the basics, you can see urself as an individuum participating in the world. And the theory describes, how you see the world. How you experience it and how you feel, smell and hear it.

It is a very basic and conceptual thing, I do not know, if that what you described is not already too big, to be ONLY explained through this theory.
    Your posts explained it well. I understand now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    ENFP

Si is one of those little things that has driven me nuts. I am a very curious person by nature so not understanding the nature of something can really drive me up the wall. One of these things that I can't even begin to comprehend seems to be Si. I personally feel that my maturity in this area is hopelessly primitive. Though some people have explained it to me, I only seem to notice it as a pastime function and almost never as an analytical perception function.

What I mean by passtime function is that sometimes I smell certain scents, hear certain sounds that might trigger certain memories or emotional states. For example, I was sitting down outside of class next to a busy street and had my eyes closed, all of a sudden, I felt like I was back in New York, even though I haven't been there in over a decade. The other night I was riding in the passenger seat, and just staring at the sky, all of a sudden the way it looked made me go back to a night when my dad was driving and I was staring out the window. Instances like these seem to be my only experience with Si (if that is what these are), but when it does happen it is exhilerating.

Even though I don't go out of my way to play on team sports (I am a monster when competition is involved), when I am playing soccer or something of that nature I seem to go into this hyperfocus mode where I can see every play before it happens and can predicate every move of my opponent before they do it. Imagine slow motion video to understand what I mean by the previous statement.

I hope that is kinda what you are looking for.