• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ female & ISFJ male

Eng.daisy

MBTI Type
INFJ
most of the sites that i have visited state that the best match for an INFJ in an ENFP from my experience they are amazing people but consume a lot of energy and as a life partner i do not :shock: but i do get along very well with ISFJ and i would like to know are they easy to get along with as life partners ??
thank you :hug:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ehhh i wouldn't, and don't listen to the sites, most of em are horribly wrong, now technically speaking, an ENFP might be a good match because of the Ne vs Ni contrast, BUT you can get the same thing with an ENTP, plus you get the Ti, which is your tertiary function. It's a good combo because you will compliment the other member and understand them at the same time.

The functions

INFJ (Ni, Fe, Ti, Se)
ENTP (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si)

on the other hand

ISFJ (Si, Fe, Ti, Ne)

personally, i would run in the opposite direction of ISFJ (literally and in MBTI talk), but its all up to you, any type can work for whatever reason. i suggest looking into ENTPs though

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
most of the sites that i have visited state that the best match for an INFJ in an ENFP from my experience they are amazing people but consume a lot of energy and as a life partner i do not :shock: but i do get along very well with ISFJ and i would like to know are they easy to get along with as life partners ??
thank you :hug:

ISFJ are really good at micromanaging. Small tasks like paying bills and doing the laundry and such. The daily stuff. Loyal too.

Last edited:

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
One or two of my close friends are ISFJs. I can imagine circumstances in which I would be attracted to an ISFJ guy. I can't imagine him being a thorough soulmate, but I can imagine us making quite a nice life together.

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
My fiance is an ISFJ. When we both see eye to eye we get along marvelously. He's my best friend and we live really well together. However, there have also been some areas of HUGE conflict personaity-wise. He is often way too clingy for my own taste. I have found that throughout our relationship I get moments of needing desperately to get away, find my own space, get a hold of my own identity. And he just does not understand this at all. Which is probably why our relationship has such an up and down pattern. I'll leave, then 2 months later we're back together. Also, his sensing characteristic and my intuition are constantly at war. We're both very strong in each of these, which I don't think helps. When we're argueing over an issue we often don't understand where the other is coming from. Most of the time we just have to agree to disagree and move on.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yet, love, mere love, is beautiful indeed
And worthy of acceptation. Fire is bright,
Let temple burn, or flax; an equal light
Leaps in the flame from cedar-plank or weed:
And love is fire. And when I say at need
I love thee...mark!...I love thee--in thy sight
I stand transfigured, glorified aright,
With conscience of the new rays that proceed
Out of my face toward thine. There's nothing low
In love, when love the lowest: meanest creatures
Who love God, God accepts while loving so.
And what I feel, across the inferior features
Of what I am, doth flash itself, and show
How that great work of Love enhances Nature's.

Elizabeth Barret Browning

Yes I was just feeling randomly poetic. If I can't do this on the NF forum I'm doomed.

Anyway. Love is more important than MBTI by a long shot. See poem above. Don't sweat type too much. Hope this helps. :)

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
My bff ("soulmate") is ESTP, and it really is spectacular. We get along well, and there's really never a boring moment.
INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
ESTP: Se, Ti, Fe, Ni
Our main functions are exactly inverted. We really help balance each other out :B

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
My bff ("soulmate") is ESTP, and it really is spectacular. We get along well, and there's really never a boring moment.
Our main functions are exactly inverted. We really help balance each other out :B
you two are excellent complements. awwwwww *flutters eyelids*

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
you two are excellent complements. awwwwww *flutters eyelids*

Tee hee~~

Naw, but it actually is surprising how well we get along. It's almost strange, because he's a lot like me in a lot of ways that really aren't like me at all...
Case in point: once he decided I was his best friend, he became VERY persistent. Always reminding me of the fact that he was.
But then, I find myself very dependent on him in the same way, only totally internally.

So we're like each other, only one of us is more extroverted or outward where the other is inward in their functions....and we help each other bring out the other sides :B

meta

MBTI Type
infj
I realize this is an old thread (found it as a cross-reference from another one), but wanted to chime in with my personal experience.

I was married to an ISFJ for 16 1/2 years. It started well and ended badly. Looking back, the biggest conflict was the N/S thing - he used to swear I could "see around corners," which caused real problems especially toward the end when he had a lot of things he wanted to hide. (He now has problems in this area with our son, who is also an N.)

The fact that he had a very unhealthy relationship with his mother didn't exactly help matters, but that was only type-related in that ultimately he felt more of a loyalty to her (blood family) than he did to me.

I believe that he is married to another S now.

Last edited:

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Shadow type, there's a long list of those not working out and I'm on it. Seems promising like driving a sports car down a twisty mountain road until you figure out there are no brakes.

INFJ/ISFJ I can't see being close to ideal but INFJs seemingly love to punish themselves with the people they surround themselves with and either an ESTP or an ISFJ should do a sufficient job of bleeding you dry.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shadow type, there's a long list of those not working out and I'm on it. Seems promising like driving a sports car down a twisty mountain road until you figure out there are no brakes.

INFJ/ISFJ I can't see being close to ideal but INFJs seemingly love to punish themselves with the people they surround themselves with and either an ESTP or an ISFJ should do a sufficient job of bleeding you dry.

I thought that is why the perfect match for an INFJ was an ENTP :D

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't think you should use the guides listed on those sites to determine whether you're going to get along with a person. I also don't think you should use peoples' experiences with ISFJ males to decide if you want to explore your relationship with this particular ISFJ further and/or take it to the next step (which is what you appear to be looking for).

While MBTI and function analysis can be useful for helping us understand each others' viewpoints and actions, please don't be put off by negative comments about any type and the same goes for positive comments: not all individuals of a type will possess those traits. Yes, we can speak generally, but the truth is that you don't know and you can't know until you actually give it a try. So if you like him and you want to know more, then go for it.

EDIT: Just realised this is an old thread. Even though TS most likely won't see this, I would say the same thing to anybody else who asked a similar question.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Any thoughts out there on ISTJ and INFJ pairings?

I'm in one, and I think it's the love/patience that makes it work, because we just do not GET each other. I'll say something, and he'll immediately start weighing it logically. We are such an odd pair.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any thoughts out there on ISTJ and INFJ pairings?

I'm in one, and I think it's the love/patience that makes it work, because we just do not GET each other. I'll say something, and he'll immediately start weighing it logically. We are such an odd pair.

I'm glad it is working well for you. The problem comes when not getting each other becomes really tiring, INFJ needs more emotional connection and that becomes just another obligation to ISTJ and thereby resentment creeps in for both. This is not inevitable or anything.

Here is a thread you might want to look at:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...elp-me-infj-understand-my-istj-boyfriend.html

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm glad it is working well for you. The problem comes when not getting each other becomes really tiring, INFJ needs more emotional connection and that becomes just another obligation to ISTJ and thereby resentment creeps in for both. This is not inevitable or anything.

Here is a thread you might want to look at:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...elp-me-infj-understand-my-istj-boyfriend.html

Thanks, Vasilisa. I do feel a greater need for emotional connection, particularly if something difficult is happening. And I tend to be a little down in mood often, which seems isn't uncommon for an INFJ. I'm heading over to the thread you just linked to... is this an experience you've had?