• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I can be total bitch, if someone is walking all over me. And I do not think the world is a wonderful rosey place. Who came up with that shit? And I don't dream of world peace, because I know it's not possible. I use to but I learned, that the world was unfair and no one cares really. People don't always agree, and I don't feel sorry for you because your boyfriend of two weeks broke up with you or you got an F on a paper. Get over it, shit happens move on. If your bleeding to death or someone you were extremely close to you dies, or being abused then I will care. If the neighbor you talked to twice in your life dies, and you begin crying I'm just gonna be like so... Trust me I've had people I was close to die and I did grieve, but then people I wasn't close to who died, but knew through association yeah, I felt bad but I didn't know them. If I had grieved for them I'd have to go grieve for everyone who dies every day.

Oh and I don't get offended easily

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh hell, too many to list. First, I think I'm this, then I think I'm that. I think the only thing for sure is I'm an EXXP. Other than that, it's up for grabs. But I was sick and tired not knowing who the hell I am and what the hell I am, so I chose ENFP for the helluvit. Sounds good to me. ENFJ would also be good though, and hell maybe even ....

(Oh god, here I go again....)

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
"Oh hell, too many to list. First, I think I'm this, then I think I'm that. I think the only thing for sure is I'm an EXXP. Other than that, it's up for grabs. But I was sick and tired not knowing who the hell I am and what the hell I am, so I chose ENFP for the helluvit. Sounds good to me. ENFJ would also be good though, and hell maybe even ...."

Well, that's very ENFP of you, Little Linguist!! Wanting to be everywhere and everything all at once and not wanting to miss any possibilities! Weren't we meant to be the most chameleon-like type of all?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a bit of a jerk and I tend to be quite decisive in trivial matters. Bigger ones though, I'll take in quite some data on first then do an all out evaluation based on the information I get.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The only thing I recall scoffing at every time I see the description is their desire to make the world a better place.

I'm only interested in making my world a better place.

(Nevermind whether or not my disposition undermines that interest. ;))

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm meaner. Rarrrrr!

You mean like a grumpy carrot??? (Sorry it sounds better in German --> mürrische Mohrrübe).

Me too! ;)

By the way, Conch, I guess you're right. I'm everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to be honest, my values are very balanced with practice -- so I can even BE everything. Muahahahahhahahahhah! :devil: :cool: Just call me Ms. Chameleon!!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm not prone to cheating. I find that description insulting actually. I'm actually very loyal and when I'm with someone I'm with them 110% I also do NOT 'scan the horizon' when I'm with someone to see if there's something 'better' around. Eek. Even as a young teenager in the first bloom of hormones I was not prone to cheating.

Now, when I'm single I do enjoy being out and about in general, but that's the extraversion.

Some descriptions make ENFPs sound like childish, super sensitive, ADD and kinda spoiled wo/man children.

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm punctual regardless of my P and possibly as a way to overcompensate for it. Sometimes when I'm supposed to meet with someone, I even show up as much as an hour ahead of time just to be sure I won't be late. I also organize my CDs very carefully according to mood. I'm only a slob in areas of my life that don't matter to me, and I care about others more than I want to be free from certain trivial constraints and limitations.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not prone to cheating. I find that description insulting actually. I'm actually very loyal and when I'm with someone I'm with them 110% I also do NOT 'scan the horizon' when I'm with someone to see if there's something 'better' around. Eek. Even as a young teenager in the first bloom of hormones I was not prone to cheating.

Now, when I'm single I do enjoy being out and about in general, but that's the extraversion.

Some descriptions make ENFPs sound like childish, super sensitive, ADD and kinda spoiled wo/man children.

yeah-thats just sensors creating biased profiles
irony

i am this self-depricating and awesome ?
how could i not be an INFJ

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm punctual regardless of my P and possibly as a way to overcompensate for it. Sometimes when I'm supposed to meet with someone, I even show up as much as an hour ahead of time just to be sure I won't be late. I also organize my CDs very carefully according to mood. I'm only a slob in areas of my life that don't matter to me, and I care about others more than I want to be free from certain trivial constraints and limitations.

argh!
P only means your perception function is extroverted
nothing else
if they say " all of my P-friends are disorganized and lazy.."
its because the masses are disorganized and lazy
not to mention all of the Js who are relaxed and flexible.

so lets focus on the functions of the types, and not the letters please
k thanks-it saves a lot of heartbreak

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
I identify a lot with the INFP description and quite a bit with the INTP one. But I feel so much more variable and less simple than either description.

I can be mean to somebody if I think they deserve it. When I am mean, I am capable of being very artfully cruel, and I think if I were not a good person I would be capable of being evil because my cruelty would have so much depth and artistry to it. It scares me a little to glimpse the darkness in my heart, and I for a long time I took pride in getting such poetic revenge on somebody I used to hate. I now regret having done this. It is very rare for me but it has happened before.

I can also be volatile sometimes if somebody makes me mad. It amuses me when others perceive these episodes as if I have somehow won or been cool. I perceive these situations as loss of emotional control, nor more and no less, and I don't like to lose my cool. At the other extreme of peoples' reactions to my anger, it makes me feel resentful when people judge me more harshly for getting mad just because they assumed I was an angel when I never tried to make them assume such a thing.

I'm not always seeking harmony and avoiding conflict. There are times when I'm bored with harmony and want more debate just so things will get interesting. There are times I enjoy playing devil's advocate. Often I feel restless if it feels like group think is settling over a group. I also seem to often feel the urge to voice whatever I think a group is repressing or shortchanging.

I don't always live in my head. Sometimes I bask in the experience of living in the moment such as on a hike in the outdoors that pushes me physically so that it is more of a consuming experience, especially if there is enough of an element of risk that I have to pay attention and can't zone out. It's very refreshing, and I don't experience it nearly often enough.

I can become obsessive compulsive about organizing things if I am in the mood to be. Sometimes I can be downright anal. Even if two days later I won't care at all.

There are times when I am so tired of reading books and so tired of symbols of every kind. There are times when I enjoy being in a sensory mode and not thinking at all. It could be just petting my cat and enjoying the way his fur feels. It could be staring at the play of light on the raindrops on the leaves outside. It could be just feeling a breeze. It could be cuddling.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
yeah-thats just sensors creating biased profiles

They come from somewhere, though. I mean, she described my ex-wife very well. :D

sade

My world view isn't rosey. I don't think I've ever owned a pair of rose-colored glasses. People don't care, they do cruel things for crueller reasons, pain and suffering is present and will not cease despite the good intentions. The road to hell is pawed with good intentions as I've experienced it. The idealism comes out in the fact that I try improve and preserve my corner of the world the best that I can. I think the term fluffy applies more to my hair.

I'm not afraid of hard logic, it's a tool to be used.
Also I sometimes wonder about the INFP's idealizing people. Normally I fear the worst of them.. I don't notice the bad sides at first, when getting to know someone, they escape me or I write them under the 'quirks/personality' box. My expectations are little and when I do notice the badsides, they don't cause me to back away.. much. I can pretty much list the badsides after that initial noticing moment and also will do so in my mind.

Last edited:

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not much of a poet
I'm not a total pushover... I think
and I'm not really that polite

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's funny. A third of the time I find myself relating the best to ENFJs. A third of the time I find myself relating to ENFPs. And a third of the time I find myself relating to ENTPs.

So on the issue of not getting to the point (i.e. the post about 'beating around the bush') I found myself relating more to the ENTPs/INTPs on this point. In addition, there are a lot of things that the ENTPs say that are totally on track with my line of thinking. Indeed, the only thing that is a huge 'issue' for me is this dissociation from feeling and love of technology. I mean, I gotta admit - I love new technology, and I'm good certain things. But I wouldn't call myself an inventor, and I'm too impatient to deal with shit that breaks all the time. Otherwise, I'd totally say I were ENTP.

ENFPs are spot on regarding many things. For example, I love to juggle lots of projects like ENTPs but unlike ENTPs I lack any kind of focus to follow through, which is a problem of ENFPs. I also tend to HOP from one thing to another, whatever fits. Heh.

I also have too strong of an F function to be an ENTP - a lot of my decisions are based on my own values and opinions, which are very strong. People are a large priority in my life, although it was not always so, I must admit. It has become more so as I got older. I spent my first 20 years as practically a hermit. Nowadays, I am really open and gregarious. I love ideas, but also people - too much so to be and ENTP, I think.

Buuuuut, there are some things ENFJs say that really fit as well. For example, my spatial skills are like ZERO - No, that's being generous: I think they are really in the negative numbers. These are things that ENFPs and ENTPs are generally fairly good at. But me - ughhh, it's a disaster!!!!!! In many ways, I'm also more organized and focused when it comes to work. I need to feel in control, which is not really an ENFP thing, as I've understood it. Also, my Fe is really, really strong (though admittedly not as strong as my Ne). My Ni is also fairly strong.

Hmmmm...which makes me out to be a rather complex character, I guess. Heh. How do you categorize someone with High Ne Fe Fi and Good Ni but very weak Ti Te Si Se??? Heh.

In many ways, I do not fit the ENFP stereotype. Oh yeah, I'm also not a party animal. Ughhhhh I hate parties and discos. They really BLOW chunks of radioactive waste into the air. (Not literally of course).

Anyway, soooo, I also don't hop from one man to the next because it's not in line with my values (Fi). I'm very loyal!!!

...Just not to my projects. :blush: However, when a project really fascinates me, I DO stick with it (like teaching and doing erotic shootings).

Yeahhhh...soooo....hmmm....I'm also a bit nitpicky about my surroundings. Like, I'll ignore the mess for a while (by mess, I don't mean dirt, but clutter - dirt is evoooooo) and then it will be like UGHHHH I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'll be super anal-retentive. For a while. Then my interest wanes, and the clutter piles up again. (Shit!!!)

What else??? Doh! Umm...I can be very closed minded about certain things. I guess that's when my Fi shuts my Ne down??? Not about A LOT of things - just a FEW things. Hmmm...

I'm extremely GOAL ORIENTED. No goal, no go. I sit on my ass all day without clear targets. I also get really depressed without goals, like I ask myself WTF am I DOING HERE?!?!?!?! Yeah.

But otherwise, yeah, I guess I'm rather like an ENFP. Heh. :D

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
- I'm not really all that quiet; I'm a little chatterbox and can make friends easily. In fact I love being around people.

- I'm not in the least bit shy in airing my opinion. I will air it whether it is required or not.

- I love creating a drama and if I can be in the middle of it I can get quite giddy with hysteria. My friends call me their drama queen :devil:

- And I can be really really rude and a downright snob.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have always read that INFPs are very very optimistic, which I wouldn't say fits me..completely. I guess I swing both ways, when I feel something will end in good hands, I build off of it, but If I have doubts about things, then I prepare myself for the worst, because I have had too many experiences, where things have literally smacked me across the face, and I have been left devastated after a period of "WTF just happened" -ness.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
- I'm not really all that quiet; I'm a little chatterbox and can make friends easily. In fact I love being around people.

Really? That's interesting. There have been a few times in my life I've become more outgoing, and it's been times when I've been surrounded by people who have had more in common with me.

Right now, I feel very unknown inside. But I don't even know anymore what it would mean to be understood by people, if I want to be understood, or if I'm capable of being understood. When I imagine being understood, all I can imagine is to pour the contents of my imagination into writing and art. The only other way to be understood is to converse. But do I really want to converse about my wild imaginings and thoughts? I'm not sure I do.