• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

á´…eparted

passages
My goodness, where to begin...

- I am not friends with everyone, nor do I want to be friends for everyone.
- I do not feel responsible for everyone's feelings.
- I do not love everyone, and I do not believe everyone is a good person.
- I am not always kind, nor do I want to be.
- I am not religious, spiritual, nor do I believe in anything supernatural.
- I am not all that giving.
- I do not root for the underdog by default.
- I do not respect things or people by default.
- I prefer making objective judgements over subjective judgements.

huayra207

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm, INFJ. Lemme think....

-I'm not overly sensitive
-I tend to procrastinate and be late in appointments and the like
-I'm definitely not psychic
-I'm not into religion per-se
-Logic kinda works for me (most of the time)
-I'm fine with money (not the best, but I could do worse)
-I don't write poetry. Just, no.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it with INFJs and their supposed predilection for poetry though? I just don't get it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- I'm apparently pretty heavy handed with Fi for an ENFP - this has gotten me typed INFP in the past

- While I'm certainly of the 'ohhhh shiny :heart:' variety and like to try out and explore new and intriguing ideas, I do also stick to and champion those ideas and causes that I find are too important not to in life. Passionately so.

- I make it a point to study both the origin/depth of relationships with oneself and others, as well as the relationships between myself and others (and between others in general), which supposedly is more of an area of study of FJs - this has gotten me typed xNFJ in the past.

- My flirting style includes SeNi (limited to this very specific field), I'm told. It might explain the one ISFP label I've gotten in the past.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
- My flirting style includes SeNi (limited to this very specific field), I'm told. It might explain the one ISFP label I've gotten in the past.

Curious, what is SeNi flirting style?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I fit my ENTP type pretty well, I think. I wouldn't say poster boy but maybe the almost made-it rejected poster boy. I'm probably a tad more serious about life, values, and shit I want to accomplish than most ENTPs I've met (maybe it comes with age :shrug:). I like some structure and predictability and create that around me but I still remain a P type for the most part.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Curious, what is SeNi flirting style?

NeSi(I do both) tends to be more bantering, jokes, teasing and lighthearted exchange, I find. Think wordplay, crazy associations, some fun innuendo, referencing and mismatching earlier events on purpose, that sort of thing. At least, that's what mine is like. NiSi is more...visceral. I was taught by an ESTP sx-sp...and seriously got hooked on this. His style was very much body language filled, few words and those that were said were ...well, word puzzles. Meanings within meanings within meanings, basically. Innuendo and manoeuvring (both physical through body language and mental through mind games) tends to be all over the place, and it's a matter of seeing who can keep up with who - or not :D

I tend to start off with NeSi, to test the waters and generally have a good time. Once I really zero in on someone though, I apparently switch to NiSe and tend to mindfuck with their intelligence, resolve and defences just to heat things up some more. Then I'll switch back for evasive manoeuvres, only to go again. Intensity roller coaster, ftw :ninja:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
At least, that's what mine is like. NiSi is more...visceral. I was taught by an ESTP sx-sp...and seriously got hooked on this. His style was very much body language filled, few words and those that were said were ...well, word puzzles. Meanings within meanings within meanings, basically.

My ESTP best bud is a man of many words. He loves to talk. I've seen him flirt with women many times and he loves to control the narrative (meaning he likes to do most of the talking or doesn't mind it at least) but the content he likes is stereotypical "here and now" and "in the moment." He's not one to ponder deeper meanings all that much at least at first. Something like "Forget about everything else right now, when I look at you in your eyes like this what are you thinking about right now and what do you want to do?" Maybe you're description was more ISTP based?

Innuendo and manoeuvring (both physical through body language and mental through mind games) tends to be all over the place, and it's a matter of seeing who can keep up with who - or not :D

I can see that. I enjoy the fun of innuendo and dropping/following clues. The game is fun :). The ESTP I know is far more blunt and direct like " Damn, you're looking fine right now, Sorry, I can't stop looking." I'm pretty blunt too but I do enjoy a bit more subtlety.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESTP best bud is a man of many words. He loves to talk. I've seen him flirt with women many times and he loves to control the narrative (meaning he likes to do most of the talking or doesn't mind it at least) but the content he likes is stereotypical "here and now" and "in the moment." He's not one to ponder deeper meanings all that much at least at first. Something like "Forget about everything else right now, when I look at you in your eyes like this what are you thinking about right now and what do you want to do?" Maybe you're description was more ISTP based?

I can see that. I enjoy the fun of innuendo and dropping/following clues. The game is fun :). The ESTP I know is far more blunt and direct like " Damn, you're looking fine right now, Sorry, I can't stop looking." I'm pretty blunt too but I do enjoy a bit more subtlety.

See, mine did that as well, but as a kind of..'prep'(Fe?). His real power of seduction laid in him being a dancer - and dancing with him definitely turned me into a puddle of mush. The manoeuvring took an very literal, erm, form. Once he zoned in for the kill, it was more him whispering a couple of words in my ear. This was after the obligatory 'gotto yak a bit first so we can establish some sort of bond, start building a modicum of trust and see if there's potential for more' stuff that they tend to do. And yes, it's not very deep. It is usually very flattering in a blunt, bull-in-china shop kind of way though :D Their real finesse shows later, when they do the Se manoeuvring and finish it off with just a hint of dubious whispering.

I've been wooed by ISTPs before as well and you're right. They tend to be more of the 'stare, lock eyes, brood' variety. The Ni games are more frequent when they do say something, most of the seduction/connection is pure Se (auxiliary function ftw in its 'loving others') and the strategy to win your heart/loins is pure Ti :heart:

Fe seems to come in later - when you're part of their inner circle, the protection and tribal side very much flares up.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
See, mine did that as well, but as a kind of..'prep'(Fe?). His real power of seduction laid in him being a dancer - and dancing with him definitely turned me into a puddle of mush. The manoeuvring took an very literal, erm, form. Once he zoned in for the kill, it was more him whispering a couple of words in my ear.

Are you sure this isn't a steamy romance novel? :D

This was after the obligatory 'gotto yak a bit first so we can establish some sort of bond, start building a modicum of trust and see if there's potential for more' stuff that they tend to do.

I don't know about seeing 'potential for more.' Honestly, this sounds like more of an NTP sort of thing to do. My ESTP bud is but one example but I think a good one ( sorry for being subjective). Thinking about the bond and the trust as abstract concepts is not really his cup o' tea. Of course he's a good dude (kind of a player with the ladies but a take a bullet for you kind of friend) and he does value the bond and building up trust but not as something to dissect in his mind and tease out possibilities (I'd be more inclined to do this) but he would let the experiences you share reign supreme. By actually doing things together you establish the nature of your relationship. It's almost a 'waste of time' to him to think so much about something when so many things haven't even happened yet. Each experience with you is like a lego to add on to something bigger but whatever the shape and color of the lego is yet to be determined. You work with what you have and you won't see the final product till later because he doesn't know what it looks like yet.

And yes, it's not very deep. It is usually very flattering in a blunt, bull-in-china shop kind of way though :D Their real finesse shows later, when they do the Se manoeuvring and finish it off with just a hint of dubious whispering.

I think a strong intuitive is more like a bull in a china shop when it comes to real-life flirting ( where you can actually read body language). My ESTP bud is more like a fighter pilot making well executed surgical strikes on your gooey insides. His charisma obviously shines in the moment and is almost entirely in person based. He walks into a room and you can feel the gravity shift a little towards him, lol, it's IMPACT.

I've been wooed by ISTPs before as well and you're right. They tend to be more of the 'stare, lock eyes, brood' variety. The Ni games are more frequent when they do say something, most of the seduction/connection is pure Se (auxiliary function ftw in its 'loving others') and the strategy to win your heart/loins is pure Ti :heart:

My Ti doesn't really map out a strategy but tries to weed out reasons why I shouldn't be interested in you. :shock: This is only because my Fe wants to test your feelings. In this regard my ESTP bud and I are way too similar.

Fe seems to come in later - when you're part of their inner circle, the protection and tribal side very much flares up.

Nah Fe is always there from the very start. Fe is the drive that makes us (ExTPs) want to persuade you to become more interested. Fe is the communication device to translate whatever our Se/Ne and Ti are coming up with. I believe this is the reason why ExTPs usually get the stereotype of being charming (at best) and manipulative (at worst).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you sure this isn't a steamy romance novel? :D

I don't know about seeing 'potential for more.' Honestly, this sounds like more of an NTP sort of thing to do. My ESTP bud is but one example but I think a good one ( sorry for being subjective). Thinking about the bond and the trust as abstract concepts is not really his cup o' tea. Of course he's a good dude (kind of a player with the ladies but a take a bullet for you kind of friend) and he does value the bond and building up trust but not as something to dissect in his mind and tease out possibilities (I'd be more inclined to do this) but he would let the experiences you share reign supreme. By actually doing things together you establish the nature of your relationship. It's almost a 'waste of time' to him to think so much about something when so many things haven't even happened yet. Each experience with you is like a lego to add on to something bigger but whatever the shape and color of the lego is yet to be determined. You work with what you have and you won't see the final product till later because he doesn't know what it looks like yet.

I think a strong intuitive is more like a bull in a china shop when it comes to real-life flirting ( where you can actually read body language). My ESTP bud is more like a fighter pilot making well executed surgical strikes on your gooey insides. His charisma obviously shines in the moment and is almost entirely in person based. He walks into a room and you can feel the gravity shift a little towards him, lol, it's IMPACT.

My Ti doesn't really map out a strategy but tries to weed out reasons why I shouldn't be interested in you. :shock: This is only because my Fe wants to test your feelings. In this regard my ESTP bud and I are way too similar.

Nah Fe is always there from the very start. Fe is the drive that makes us (ExTPs) want to persuade you to become more interested. Fe is the communication device to translate whatever our Se/Ne and Ti are coming up with. I believe this is the reason why ExTPs usually get the stereotype of being charming (at best) and manipulative (at worst).

Apparently, you have it all figured out then :coffee:

Starry

Sometimes you're not like your type description because you're not that type.

saudade

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not really that imaginative. And I don't hate using logic, or people with logic. :D
I don't hate ESTJs or ENTJs. I admire them professionally.
I'm not sad or depressed on a daily basis, but then, it's probably because of a lot of help from developed Ne.
I love listening to what others' have to say about themselves, not just ranting about my own feelings or values.

I'm bored of self-referencing, but it's a hard habit to break. :mad:

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sort of a social introvert. I'm not shy and definitely not a push-over. I can be quite frank and assertive when it's needed, even volatile in certain circumstances or when I think someone deserves it. I can be aggresive.

Litsnob

Some of the stereotypes are true of me. These ones are not:
I'm not emotionally manipulative nor do I have rigid ideas and think I am always right. I am not a special snowflake and the whole idea makes me cringe. I do not have huge rage/anger-I rarely get angry and if upset I am more likely to implode than explode.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-I am pretty organized & clean
-I'm not really aloof like other infps, I'm definitely reserved but I've always been amiable and I smiled a lot ever since I was a child
-I love to write, but I dont feel like I'm as talented at it as other infps I've seen
-I dont procrastinate too often, but that depends on what it is
-I am not and have never been emo
-I'm pretty open to other opinions, nobody can be right all the time
-I am not emotionally manipulative, even when upset

But I mostly apply to infp stereotype tbh lol

Madeleine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I have no desire to take care of or save the world.

Not psychic.

I make decisions based on logic most of the time.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't do that Te bitchslap thingy. I spread my hate wide and feed it to people in small manageable doses throughout our relationship.